Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2010, 11:15 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,288,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
have you not heard the people who have posted here. no one said the IRS is perfect. no one said we should just lay down and turn a blind eye.
you have a problem w/ the government, any of it's agencies, like you said change it, don't fly a plane into the building that does nothing except kill people. you think the IRS is gonna turn over a new leaf because of what happened. no there is a right way for change and a wrong.
I don't think we're arguing against you on the method. At least, I'm not. No one is getting it through their thick skulls, but only want to argue based on emotional conjecture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2010, 11:15 AM

11,761 posts, read 14,659,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Horsemen View Post
You IRS apologists seem to think that just because the IRS was allowed to work with our money system that no matter how corrupt they get, we should just go along to get along?

NO, we should audit them. and fire anybody and everybody that's corrupted the agency more than it already has been.

It's no different than a bad fan belt, when it gets worn out, you change it and throw the old one away

I can't believe the level of cowardice amongst Americans towards the all-powerful(not) IRS.
Of course the agency and its employees are subject to the requirement that they carry out their duties and enforce the law, and they are accountable when they don't.

Making a generic statement that they're "corrupt" doesn't advance your argument in any way.

And even if you could identify an IRS employee is corrupt, that wouldn't justify flying a plane into the building where he works.

Old 02-26-2010, 11:17 AM

938 posts, read 1,230,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
And what do you do the Tuesday after the first Monday in November?
1 vote does not an election make. the populous is sleepwalking.

Old 02-26-2010, 11:19 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,704,444 times
If you are living under such unbearable tyranny then it is your duty to take up arms and throw off your imagined oppressors. I myself am happy with America and be assured I will be one who will fight you to defend it. In a long career I have heard a lot of WE SHOULD from people who were not there when it came time toactually do something. That's what I get out of this thread

Old 02-26-2010, 11:20 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,568,938 times
the OP is as loony as Stack's daughter who called him a "hero"! Guess what Mr. Stack if you can hear from Hell, crashing a plane into a building and taking the lives of 2 other people is an act of "cowardice"! Just go ask the 19 terrorists from 9/11 that are probably sharing hell with you!

Old 02-26-2010, 11:21 AM

18,395 posts, read 19,027,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
I don't think we're arguing against you on the method. At least, I'm not. No one is getting it through their thick skulls, but only want to argue based on emotional conjecture.

thick skulls? once a person takes their protest to the level of murder it overshadows the motive no matter how justified and makes it moot. to elevate and argue that he is a hero is way out of line.

Old 02-26-2010, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
It's not cowardice. It's that people don't agree with you. They don't agree with you. And you don't do your argument any good when you start attacking the characters of people who don't agree with you.
I know they don't agree. They don't agree that the IRS is corrupt. this is WHY people like you blame Joe Stack and not the IRS for what happened.

It's like Cancer. people think they can just cut the Cancer out and they are cured. No, you have to go to the source of the problem.

This is also why so much unrest is brewiing nationwide with Obama's stiimu-lies plan. it stinks to high heaven and the root cause is NOT the people, which Obama points all fault for the economy collapsing.

He said "Americans have had it good for far too long"

Old 02-26-2010, 11:23 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,288,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
thick skulls? once a person takes their protest to the level of murder it overshadows the motive no matter how justified and makes it moot. to elevate and argue that he is a hero is way out of line.
I didn't elevate him to hero. I'm merely mentioning all of the kneejerk and childish remarks using domestic terrorist labels in a memorial thread, not to mention politicizing the monitoring of Americans in Hunter's memorial thread. It does overshadow the dilute the message, and I agree with you on that one.

Old 02-26-2010, 11:26 AM

18,395 posts, read 19,027,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Horsemen View Post
You get a kick out of speculating nonsense huh? first Joe Stack is a terrorist and now me and Summer are cheap. GROW UP

not speculating just because one reason you guys have a problem with the IRS is that you don't want to pay your fair share. cheap is the root of it to start the ball rolling. again I will stop calling him a terrorist if it makes you feel better and just call him a cold blooded killer. does that make you feel better. grow up? gee how grown up is it to not acknowledge that the mans action describe domestic terrorism to the tee? talk about blinders

Old 02-26-2010, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
the OP is as loony as Stack's daughter who called him a "hero"! Guess what Mr. Stack if you can hear from Hell, crashing a plane into a building and taking the lives of 2 other people is an act of "cowardice"! Just go ask the 19 terrorists from 9/11 that are probably sharing hell with you!
What if Stack went to heaven and Hunter went to Hell?

don't be childish about this pelase.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies