Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2010, 01:00 PM

768 posts, read 1,088,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Shooooo! Let them go on believing there is no such thing as internet crawlers and tracking chips in all computers manufactured in the post 9/11 years.
Well then I suppose many Hollywood directors and novelists are being monitored as well. Do you people even value free speech at all?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2010, 01:13 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Consent Withdrawn View Post
Well then I suppose many Hollywood directors and novelists are being monitored as well. Do you people even value free speech at all?
Well, then, why do you think Hollywood directors and novelists are being monitored? How did you arrive at that conclusion?

Old 02-26-2010, 01:17 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,316,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Consent Withdrawn View Post
Don't be silly or obtuse. I give the FBI and Homeland Security enough credit to be able to tell the difference between fiction and a real threat. And for the record, no serious author is going to put their unpublished novel online for someone else to steal their plot. Creative writers are protective of their un-copyrighted work.

Old 02-26-2010, 03:55 PM
zox

344 posts, read 479,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Actually, no one sympathizing with Stack's problems was initially labeling the IRS or its employee Mr. Hunter as a terrorist. The first blows came to those posting that Stack was a terrorist.
How is the IRS or it's employee Mr. Hunter a terrorist? And how do you feel that Stack was not a terrorist based on my analysis above. Stack's actions have much in common with an Islamic fundamentalist's violent actions. How is an Islamic fundamentalist who kills in the name of Islam a terrorist but a person who kills in the name of defying the government not a terrorist?

Old 02-26-2010, 06:38 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,288,764 times
Quote:
Who eats the mortgage? Is that forgiven and the cost absorbed by everyone who uses the same bank? Could be Mrs. Stalk has to still pay it off.....
She won't have to pay it off, guaranteed.

Old 02-26-2010, 06:53 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,316,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
She won't have to pay it off, guaranteed.
Seriously, why not? If you get into a car accident you have to still pay for the car even if it's totaled out. Is there some kind of law that is different for mortgages? Insurance won't cover arson, which the police have already determined that it was. Or are you implying that she'll just file for bankruptcy to get out of it, or am I missing something else?

Old 02-26-2010, 06:57 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,288,764 times
Quote:
Seriously, why not? If you get into a car accident you have to still pay for the car even if it's totaled out. Is there some kind of law that is different for mortgages? Insurance won't cover arson, which the police have already determined that it was. Or are you implying that she'll just file for bankruptcy to get out of it, or am I missing something else?
Exactly what I'm saying. People will feel sorry for her because she was married to a "looney domestic terrorist" and be easy on her. She can use the media if things work against her and play victim.

Old 02-26-2010, 06:59 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,060,237 times
Quote:
or am I missing something else?
Yes, habitual trolling.

Old 02-26-2010, 07:02 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,217,262 times
Sick F*%$ if you ask me. Sorry that I wasted three minutes of my life reading his crap.

Wah, wah.....I'm a victim.

Earth to ahole: Life is hard. Life is not fair.

He's no hero, he's a selfish man who crossed the line into insanity at the expense of the innocent.

Old 02-26-2010, 07:07 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,060,237 times
Well we are at the 35 page mark and it appears that only a few posters (one mainly) are still trying to swim against a pretty universal tide of opprobrium. I would also repeat that I find that most of the post expressing revulsion regarding the threads original intent are infrequent visitors to our little debating society and quite a few of them have substantial reputations, which to me is a clear indication that the disgust expressed is wide spread, non-partisan, and pretty damn near universal. You would think that after such a public spanking those still trying to defend the indefensible would link their wounds and slink back into whatever amoral hole they came out of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies