Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2010, 03:53 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Horsemen View Post
Then WHY was this man of peace Assasinated? do you even know why?

Nothing came out of MLK's speeches to America or Blacks...Nothing. Blacks immediately went back to being scared. America went back to being America.

Only the Strong survive my friend
Why is anyone assassinated? Because they stand in someone else's way. And if you don't think that MLK was a positive force for change, my friend, then I think you have a serious problem with dealing with reality.

Conviction, integrity, a commitment to honesty, being truthful with yourself, these are the true signs of strength. Anyone can pick up a rock and throw it. It takes strength to stand for what you think is right when people are throwing rocks at you.

Mr Stack didn't stand for what he thought was right. He flew a plane, like he was throwing a rock, at people he thought were in his way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2010, 03:54 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,485,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Why go back that far in history? What did you think of Bill Ayers being fed up with the government and trying to bomb buildings? Was he a hero?
Absolutely. Ayers may have had stupid political ideals in most respects, but attacking the criminal government that was annihilating Indochina on a daily basis was an excellent expenditure of time.

Old 02-25-2010, 03:55 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,060,237 times
Almost 250 posts most by folks who never venture into the Politics forums and it would seem that they represent a broad spectrum of political leanings, and virtually all of them condemning the thread and its authors. It renews one's faith in the American people. A rep to you all.

Old 02-25-2010, 03:56 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,485,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
This just proves our point. Right wing supporters do judge people based on their race and religion. This person is being labeled a hero instead of a terrorist. He is being called mentally ill yet Hasan was arguably as mentally ill as this person yet wasn't given the benefit of the doubt.
I'm not right wing, I didn't condemn Hasan, and I don't condemn Stack.

Old 02-25-2010, 04:01 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,288,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Almost 250 posts most by folks who never venture into the Politics forums and it would seem that they represent a broad spectrum of political leanings, and virtually all of them condemning the thread and its authors. It renews one's faith in the American people. A rep to you all.
Just as diverse in the political spectrum is the contrarian viewpoint, that the kneejerk "domestic terrorist" isn't spewed like a cheap sound bite worth as much as a 6 piece McNuggets.

Old 02-25-2010, 05:15 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,441,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
These guys were doing a job too. What kind of stupid argument is that?
OMG you can't be that stupid! THEY WERE PART OF THE FREAKIN MILITARY!!!! and Germany was at war! This guys was working a job not a military job just a job!!! Good grief the idiocy is astounding!

Old 02-25-2010, 05:44 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,316,377 times
Here's an article interviewing eye-witnesses to the dive bombing of the IRS which includes this:

“The building started to glow on the inside, and then the windows blew out. The insulation blew everywhere,” he said. “Then the ring of fire covered about half the first floor and started to move up."

Cullen also said the pilot was “screaming,” and he didn’t know how people got out of the building alive. "It was like a bomb," he said.

News 8 Austin | 24 Hour Local News | TOP STORIES

Old 02-26-2010, 12:03 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,203,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
This is just bull. We need agencies like these and most people don't feel terrorize by them.

By the way, my husband was audited by the IRS and ended up getting a HUGE refund. We love the IRS. Was he scared to go to their office? Sure he was, but he also knew he wasn't purposely trying to cheat the government. He also knew that any error on his part could have been corrected and paid off. He made an error alright but a good one---in our favor---as it turned out.

we do not need any law enforcement agency that the federal goverment has except for the secret service, and they are to protect the money supply.

the rest can go to hell in a handbasket.

Old 02-26-2010, 12:05 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,203,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Do TWO tours in Vietnam and three on the Korean DMZ count? I am retired Army. Don't wrap yourself in my flag

then stop telling people to go bomb themselves. also, I am not wrapping anyone in any flag, and it is not your flag, it is every americans.

Old 02-26-2010, 12:28 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,025,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Horsemen View Post
When it first happened, reports said nobody else was injured in the crash, but after later reports said that guy was killed it hurt my heart.

I think Joe Stack had valid gripes with the IRS and if nobody had gotten killed everybody in here would be rejoicing Joe Stack for letting the IRS know that they are fraudulent.

It's unfortunate that his message was lost in the life he took in the process.

Maybe if he waited until a Saturday when everybody was off would it have been ok for everybody?
There are more peaceful channels of dealing with tax issues versus destruction of property (you do realize that our tax dollars will fund the rebuilding of it... right?).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies