Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 10:24 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,297,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
No he doesnt write the bill. He needs to say Ok can we agree on this. If not can we agree on this. Ok what about doing this. Not grand standing making talking points to appear on youtube.

He needs to ask democrats can we agree on doing this or republicans can you agree on doing this. He isnt doing that.

This is going no where.
Not surprising that it's going nowhere.

Also not surprising that you want to put it all on Obama's shoulders...

Heck, I could have told you this outcome 5 hours ago.

"The conference will yield nothing and Jadex, among other Conservative, 'usual suspects' will feel that it's 100% the fault of Democrats and Obama."

Heck, we can all turn off our sets now and close this thread.

Freakin' Nostradamus I am!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2010, 10:25 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,847,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
He can't be quiet, he has to have the last word in every discussion and then he doesn't want his time to count in the dem- time counter. LOL.

And what's with the assuming and hypotheticals? Can't he come up with real examples...not this 'Well, what if people buy insurance in Nevada and Nevada doesn't have any regulations and then the mom with a c-section has to go home early even if she moves to New York?' WTHeck!!

Also, he's wrong on his interpretation of the CBO saying premiums will cost more under his plan. It's not that it will only cost more for folks who move from catastrophic plans (which he grossly misrepresented) to comprehensive plans, it's not an apples and oranges comparison. ANY plan will cost more under his proposals.

And the other seriously annoying thing.....'Let's talk about just what we agree on. I don't want to hear any criticism of the bill put out by the house or the senate or even the health care proposal I put out....let's just talk about what we all agree on. Pay no attention to those THOUSANDS of pages we've already put forth and are threatening to jam down your throats with a 51 vote in the senate.'
No he cant be quiet because this is nothing more then a show for some talking points.

This is nothing new then the same stuff we heard them saying over the past mths.

They arent saying say ok republicans would like to have something like this what can we do to get that. Republicans what can you give.

This is grand standing old talking points we've all heard

Old 02-25-2010, 10:25 AM

921 posts, read 1,132,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
WRONG... No one wanted the president to speak up more or less.. They want him to LISTEN more.. Continuing to repeat "I'm the President" adds nothing to the discussion, especially considering the fact that the President does not write the bill, those other people around the table are..
In 2009, there were a lot of people calling him "Weak" for not speaking up more.
Whether or not he speaks up more, the non-supporters will always make an argument in the opposite direction.

Old 02-25-2010, 10:26 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,196,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imalert View Post
Exactly.

When the President was sitting back quiet, people said he needed to speak up more.
Now that he's speaking up more to keep them in line, they can't stand it.

Let him keep reminding them who's 'President' and who cares how much they lash out with their whining for attention & power.
I agree Obama is like a professor schooling a bunch of
first graders....the repukes sound like first graders too!

Old 02-25-2010, 10:26 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,171,483 times
Sometimes I wonder if our government is really run by adults... or a bunch of third-graders in costume.

Old 02-25-2010, 10:27 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Well it was going well on both sides, so who brought the cranky old guy who thinks he is still on the campaign trail. Oh, right, he's on the campaign trail.

Old 02-25-2010, 10:28 AM

I dont understand it either McCain. Why all the kick backs for other states.

Get them McCain

Old 02-25-2010, 10:30 AM

That was rude Obama interrupting McCain

They do need to remove all the special deals for certain states

Old 02-25-2010, 10:32 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
Not ignoring it

but just to get this straight:

-You're against the government paying for our healthcare, while admitting that they already do in a MOST inefficient manner.
The fact that they do in the most efficient manner, would indeed be a very valid reason not to have them continue paying..
Quote:
-You rail against Democrat healthcare reform because illegals MIGHT get covered if they slip through the cracks, while noting that they currently DO get covered by the government anyway.
Incorrect, I've stated the FACT that when Democrats proclaim that the illegals are not covered, they are wrong because they will CONTINUE to get care at the taxpayers expense.. ITS THE TRUTH. There is no MIGHT get coverage, they get CARE, its against the LAW to deny them care..
Quote:
-You're against any form of socialized medicine, even though that is effectively what we have (though again, it is GROSSLY inefficient).
We dont have anything close to a socialized medicine..
Quote:
Basically your lame point here is that we don't need to cover the uninsured because they are already being covered. BRILLIANT!!!
Thats again, a FACT.. the Uninsured gets care.. FACT..
Quote:
And those getting their claims denied essentially get their lives financially ruined because the insurance denied the claim.
People have their financial lives ruined because they get sick and cant pay their bills. You pretend that "insurance" is the only way to obtain care and that there is no other option..
Quote:
Understand that the hospitals STILL BILL THE PATIENT in these scenarios under EMTALA. It isn't free healthcare. In many cases the bill goes unpaid, the hospital gets the shaft and the patient has his credit destroyed.
So now you object to people billing those who provide services? If I go out and buy a tv and dont pay the bill, those who also are members of the credit card company get the shaft, and my credit gets destroyed. Should we nationalize the banks now?
Quote:
Please tell me what your solution is here, because I don't see you offering a good one.
The solution is clear, focus on the reason why hospital care is so dam expensive and why bills are so dam high. THIS BILL DOES NOTHING other than change who pays for the bill, it does NOT fix the reason why bills are so dam expensive..

Old 02-25-2010, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Not surprising that it's going nowhere.

Also not surprising that you want to put it all on Obama's shoulders...

Heck, I could have told you this outcome 5 hours ago.

"The conference will yield nothing and Jadex, among other Conservative, 'usual suspects' will feel that it's 100% the fault of Democrats and Obama."

Heck, we can all turn off our sets now and close this thread.

Freakin' Nostradamus I am!!!
Obama is president is he not? Who elses shoulders do you think it goes on?

Tell me something which party has majority?

Its real sad that when Bush was president all things were his fault but now that there is a democrat president nothing is his fault
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies