Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 07:30 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times

Advertisements

Black Americans are fighting a war on two fronts: 1) against the societal angst caused by the "oppressor" and 2) against those who are "One of Us" yet do not have the best interest of "Us" as an agenda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2010, 07:54 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,040,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Black Americans are fighting a war on two fronts: 1) against the societal angst caused by the "oppressor" and 2) against those who are "One of Us" yet do not have the best interest of "Us" as an agenda.
EXACTLY!!!!! And 3) them mulattoes who use African phenotype to deceive.

Old 03-01-2010, 07:57 PM

4,593 posts, read 9,197,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
You need to change the title of your thread to "We want people living on welfare to................". I wonder why people always want to play the race card.

There are a lot of white Americans on welfare too.

Old 03-01-2010, 08:03 PM

4,593 posts, read 9,197,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Due to a recent change of job, I have dramatically altered my opinion of Black people. They are much smarter and more capable than I had given them credit for in the past. All I had to go on previously was popular culture images, since i don't know any personally and have not for most of my life.

Why black people allow the popular culture images to degrade them is beyond me. Honestly, I thought that they all communicated by unintelligible jibberish until I spoke to them on the telephone and they were perfectly capable of talking in a comprehensible manner. Some were actually pleasant to talk to - moreso than some of the white people I talked to.

Popular culture is doing the black American an huge disservice and painting a very unattractive and untrue picture of who they are. It's truly sad.

20yrsinBranson
In other words, you admit to your racist mindset.

Old 03-01-2010, 08:10 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,384,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
What about those of us that can "pass" Morph? Ya know used to be called "quadroons"? Does the "one drop rule" apply?

Old 03-02-2010, 08:01 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,045,746 times
Default We're just not black enough...

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
What about those of us that can "pass" Morph? Ya know used to be called "quadroons"? Does the "one drop rule" apply?
What I find most interesting about this thread is that it's clearly exposed more than what it was probably meant to...

The racism of blacks is becoming very, very apparent.

I really do wish they'd "quit playing the victim"... they're losing support from those of us who once stood with them because of it.

But, it isn't enough to care about and stand with them. Over the years, it's become very clear that nothing anyone does will ever be enough....

If you're white, you're "the oppressor". They really don't like you and they don't want your support.

It only counts if your 100% black...

Last edited by World Citizen; 03-02-2010 at 08:19 AM..

Old 03-02-2010, 08:05 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Well that was one of best cut to the chase statements that I've seen in a while.

Couldn't rep you, your reps runneth over.

Old 03-02-2010, 08:20 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
The thread was designed to be a bit tongue and cheek, but I should have known that trying to be light hearted in pointing out the irony of the attitudes regarding race most prevalent on C-D, would fly over the heads of many at the seeming speed of light.

Do folks not see the irony contained in this argument? Do folks not see the stiflingly narrow parameters that some would prescribe for African Americans to achieve greater success would lead to no advancement whatsoever since the very organizations that they deride are the very same which have proven most successful for achieve the successes being enjoyed my African Americans and as a by product the entire country as well?

Of course that is far too much to ask.

Old 03-02-2010, 08:21 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,929,020 times
I thought electing a black president would have stopped the victimization?

Old 03-02-2010, 08:24 AM

37,972 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Well. I'm sure someone will bring this up or someone has brought it up before; but I do not think it is fair to compare being Jewish with being Black. Jewish people, even dark Sephardic Jews, have the option of "not being Jewish" if it is practial at the moment. Blacks on the other hand, cannot pretend to be something else if danger looms or they are fearful. Even the lightest of light skinned blacks often carry characteristics that identify them. There are exceptions, of course.

However, that being said. I agree with your sentiment. They do need to get over it and move on. Black people seem to be the ones that are holding the race back. Not white people.

20yrsinBranson
I agree, when you are black and you fit the stereotypical identification of an "African-American", you cannot turn it off, but then neither can you turn it off if you fit the the stereotypical identification of a Jew if you name is Aaron Schwartz.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies