Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 09:47 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,704,444 times

Advertisements

When they are Government Employees they won't have to worry about managing a business and can devote their full time to healing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2010, 10:23 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Bub, do you have any idea how long it takes to become a doctor? Do you think you would enjoy a job where you are on call 24/7 unless you have a covering physician? How many people will even bother to become doctors under a health care system run by government? Hope you like the new standard of care you will receive under a government run system.
What's with this on call 24/7? The docs I work with do not do that. Why would it be any different under any type of UHC?

Old 03-09-2010, 10:29 PM

89,033 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflybird View Post
Where's the cut off point on doctors refusing to treat unhealthy habits?
Seems available funding impacts that decision. Just ask these doctors who work within a UHC environment:
Don't treat the old and unhealthy, say doctors - Telegraph

Old 03-09-2010, 10:50 PM

418 posts, read 487,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Ever have an operation done on a pet?

I paid $500 to have my dogs guts cut into, to see what the heck he swallowed, that had him clogged up.

Good as new, and he doesn't get tennis balls any longer.
Veterinarians dispel the myth that health care is expensive. These animals get the same procedures as humans for a fraction of the cost. None of these national health care advocates ever ask the question why it's expensive; for some reason they are fixated on insurance. Who said anything about insurance? I want to pay cash.

Old 03-10-2010, 06:18 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
When your self employed, as the majority of doctors are, you basically get to set your own destiny.

When your self employed, there is a thing called Gross profit and a thing called Net profit. Those two numbers can be very far apart from each other.

Case in point. I may Gross $350,000 this year. After I figure all overhead and cost, I may clear $45,000 as my net profit.

Old 03-10-2010, 06:34 AM

9,855 posts, read 10,416,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
What's with this on call 24/7? The docs I work with do not do that. Why would it be any different under any type of UHC?
We are required to have a physician on call 24/7 by our malpractice carrier and by our insurance contracts.

Old 03-10-2010, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfacedjenkins View Post
Veterinarians dispel the myth that health care is expensive. These animals get the same procedures as humans for a fraction of the cost. None of these national health care advocates ever ask the question why it's expensive; for some reason they are fixated on insurance. Who said anything about insurance? I want to pay cash.

We are privately subsidizing, the cost the medicare does not pay. We are taxed to pay for the part of Medicare, Medicaid, and Tri-care, that the government pays, we are paying insurance for the cost doctors raise their fees to cover the cost entitlement benefits doesn't pay.

The government has you fooled into thinking, it is all the insurance companies making cost soar.... WRONG!!! They will never admit it is their entitlement program that doesn't come close to covering the cost. On top of the The entitlements are not sustainably funded in the first place and is going to be out of cash, soon.

If they really wanted to take over healthcare, they would pass a bill, that all Americans were automatically military personnel.
The military provides free healthcare to all those serving and retired.

Old 03-10-2010, 07:23 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,704,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
We are privately subsidizing, the cost the medicare does not pay. We are taxed to pay for the part of Medicare, Medicaid, and Tri-care, that the government pays, we are paying insurance for the cost doctors raise their fees to cover the cost entitlement benefits doesn't pay.

The government has you fooled into thinking, it is all the insurance companies making cost soar.... WRONG!!! They will never admit it is their entitlement program that doesn't come close to covering the cost. On top of the The entitlements are not sustainably funded in the first place and is going to be out of cash, soon.

Sounds like a realo case for Nationalizing the Health Care Industry

Old 03-10-2010, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post

Healthcare is not a right of this Nation. Has nothing to do with freedom. Actually the opposite. Our government was not set up to control the people. Our governemnt has no business even being involved in this mess. Our government is the cause of the mess.

Some will never ever in their lifetime get it. Government is the problem, not the solution.

Old 03-10-2010, 12:29 PM

15,095 posts, read 8,639,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Yes .. the government has done such a good job on everything else, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies