Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 09:31 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,772,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
That's right, kill the messenger, not the message.

You can try and discredit me all you want, the fact in the message is Homosexuality is taught, just like Heterosexuality is.
Fact? Says who? You ignore all the "civilian gays" who have grown up in a heterosexual home, maybe even in rural areas. People who have never had anything to do with homosexuals when growing up, still they are gay from puberty on and oftentimes suffer from it. Neither were they taught to be gay, nor did they chose to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2010, 09:56 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,578,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I didn't say that EVERYBODY is outraged, and I wasn't directing my comments toward you. (I don't even know who you are.)

I was just pointing out the fact that public attitudes can change quickly.
No, you didn’t specify any particular poster. I merely responded to your comments. I don’t know you either, but how is that relevant?

Old 03-07-2010, 10:01 AM

3,565 posts, read 4,872,071 times
Didn't the OP say in some other thread he doesn't "support the Homosexual agenda" ? Dosen't sound very gay to me. He's just baiting. And you all fell for it.

Old 03-07-2010, 10:18 AM

4,593 posts, read 9,207,619 times
Quote:
That's right, kill the messenger, not the message.

You can try and discredit me all you want, the fact in the message is Homosexuality is taught, just like Heterosexuality is.
Bulimia is taught
Drug use is taught
They become a mental illness in your head, if you let it overcome your being.

Your issue is with the author, Paul Cameron Ph. D, not I.
So are you asexual?

Old 03-07-2010, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
So are you asexual?
His statement was so dumb and pointless, you shouldn't have responded

Old 03-07-2010, 10:33 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,697,867 times
Quote:
By Paul Cameron, Ph. D.
"Dr." Paul Cameron is a joke. The American Psychological Association actually kicked him out of their organization because he was such a quack.

Paul Cameron - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by AnUnidentifiedMale; 03-07-2010 at 10:42 AM..

Old 03-07-2010, 10:40 AM

18,414 posts, read 19,053,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GayCharlotteGuy View Post
I'm just curious. Where do we draw the lines at what kind of marriage is acceptable and not acceptable according to the government? Why shouldn't government ban interracial marriage? It's not natural (not natural in the sense that it's not very common).

Should there be votes on whether to ban interracial marriage?

An article snippet in 2009:

(AP) NEW ORLEANS A Louisiana justice of the peace said he refused to issue a marriage license to an interracial couple out of concern for any children the couple might have. Keith Bardwell, justice of the peace in Tangipahoa Parish, says it is his experience that most interracial marriages do not last long.
"I'm not a racist. I just don't believe in mixing the races that way," Bardwell told the Associated Press on Thursday. "I have piles and piles of black friends. They come to my home, I marry them, they use my bathroom. I treat them just like everyone else."

So, if gay marriage is banned for not being natural. Shouldn't interracial marriage be banned for not being natural (in the sense that it's not common and such)?

How would ya'll feel if interracial marriage was banned?

I have a better idea lets ban stupid bigoted hate filled people. they seem to add nothing to the world and certainly must be unnatural

Old 03-07-2010, 10:43 AM

2,126 posts, read 2,383,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
Didn't the OP say in some other thread he doesn't "support the Homosexual agenda" ? Dosen't sound very gay to me. He's just baiting. And you all fell for it.

yup, OP is baiting. I haven't combed through the thread but it seems the OP hasn't even returned to discuss. Possibly a racist AND a coward. Not being able to marry his boyfriend should be the least of his worries.

Old 03-07-2010, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadScribe View Post
yup, OP is baiting. I haven't combed through the thread but it seems the OP hasn't even returned to discuss. Possibly a racist AND a coward. Not being able to marry his boyfriend should be the least of his worries.
He's not gay. That's what I tried to say above. But that's why people can't let it go. Make it even more interesting now.

Old 03-07-2010, 10:51 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,755,957 times
Quote:
I think it is defined as "between a man and a woman"
Not between races.

Wow, that was a big twist to get to your agenda.
I'm impressed!
Laws in some (quite a few actually) states used to define marriage as between a man and woman of the same race. True the SCOTUS overturned those laws 40 some years ago, but they were there. Take a look at Loving v Virginia.
As for "twisting" of logic, I don't see it as that big a difference. Current state constitutions declare same sex marriage illegal for much the same reasons previous state laws declared interracial marriage to be illegal - it doesn't fit everyone's ideas about what marriage is. But that's what I've always considered one of the best things about this country - one doesn't have to live according to anyone else's rules about how to live a good and happy life!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies