Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2010, 04:27 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,399,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
How many conservatives do you know personally where you are certain that the majority of us relish in insulting Obama? CD posters don't count as we are a small subset of conservatives in the US.
Every "conservative" comment I have ever read or heard, recently, have been Obama bashers.

CD is about as close as I want or care to get. Therefore I draw my conclusions accordingly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2010, 04:32 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,702,384 times
MOST BLACKS REJECT THE VIEW THAT THE CONSTITUTION IS A FUNDAMENTALLY FLAWED OR RACIST DOCUMENT

Most blacks reject the view that the Constitution is a fundamentally flawed or racist document | Public Agenda

In fact, the Constitution has been misinterpreted and misapplied over the years. It's this abuse and twisting of meaning that is the flaw in society and culture, not in the document itself. The document must remain intact. There is no "fundamental flaw" in it. We cannot change the Constitution to suit our view of culture and society We must work to change culture and society to line up with the Constitution.

In fact, it was the Constitution itself that would ironically bring about the legal arguments needed to change unjust laws which denied African Americans equality. Read up on it.
Constitution NAACP

Old 03-14-2010, 04:36 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,049,604 times
Default How's that hopey changey thing... you remember???

Quote:
Originally Posted by theolsarge View Post
Every "conservative" comment I have ever read or heard, recently, have been Obama bashers.

CD is about as close as I want or care to get. Therefore I draw my conclusions accordingly.
I agree.

Other examples would be conservative columnists, their tv and radio personalities, the TeaBagger movement and Sarah Palin and her followers (to name just a few) are all "conservatives" who certainly fall into the category of Obama Bashers...

Old 03-14-2010, 04:42 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,399,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
I guess you could also consider the conservative columnists, their radio personalities, the TeaBagger movement, Sarah Palin and her followers...yada, yada, yada... as being examples of other "conservatives" who certainly fall into the category of Obama Bashers...
By golly, I think you're getting the picture.

Old 03-14-2010, 04:46 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,049,604 times
Default more than a few...

Quote:
By golly, I think you're getting the picture.

I almost forgot.

And then there's the RNC with their recent "commie smear fear Obama" campaign..

Old 03-14-2010, 06:24 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,027,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Take a look around at the conservatives here on CD. You have yourself, nminta and maybe one or two other conservatives on here who can have discussions and disagreements over Obama's policies without resorting to insults. Without naming any names, its pretty obvious we have many more than that which do engage in such insults and attacks, hell just look at this thread...
Do you honestly believe that garbage spewed by many CD conservative posters actually accurately represent the thoughts and opinions of conservatives here in the US? What about the liberal posters - are the liberal opinions voiced on here an accurate reflection of all liberals in the US? CD does not provide even an accurate reflection of US citizens as a whole!

Old 03-14-2010, 06:28 PM

Quote:

Only closed-minded folks would take the comments of some conservatives on an online forum and use them to stereotype all conservatives. The last sentence just proves how closed-minded you are. Most conservatives in real life would be appalled by the disrespectful comments spewed on CD.

Old 03-14-2010, 06:29 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,961,670 times
Quote:
Do you honestly believe that garbage spewed by many CD conservative posters actually accurately represent the thoughts and opinions of conservatives here in the US? What about the liberal posters - are the liberal opinions voiced on here an accurate reflection of all liberals in the US? CD does not provide even an accurate reflection of US citizens as a whole!
Yes

Old 03-14-2010, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Yes
Then you don't know many conservatives ... All of the conservatives I personally know would be appalled at the insults against our president and other liberals.

Old 03-14-2010, 06:38 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,961,670 times
Quote:
Only closed-minded folks would take the comments of some conservatives on an online forum and use them to stereotype all conservatives. The last sentence just proves how closed-minded you are. Most conservatives in real life would be appalled by the disrespectful comments spewed on CD.

When will we see these "conservatives" on radio, television shows, cable news, and in print media, telling the rest of the country that they don't align themselves with these "Obama Bashes"!!

Right now the NRC is and has done nothing but lead by example in how to undermine, dis-respect, and obstruct this President.

They then refuse to rein in the certifiable loons who spout the "Hussein", communist, anti-Christ nonsense; and are actually reaching out to them for nothing more than votes for office.

Where are these rational conservatives you speak of??..I truly would like to visit their websites to view sane opposition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies