Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2010, 06:51 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,027,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
When will we see these "conservatives" on radio, television shows, cable news, and in print media, telling the rest of the country that they don't align themselves with these "Obama Bashes"!!

Right now the NRC is and has done nothing but lead by example in how to undermine, dis-respect, and obstruct this President.

They then refuse to rein in the certifiable loons who spout the "Hussein", communist, anti-Christ nonsense; and are actually reaching out to them for nothing more than votes for office.

Where are these rational conservatives you speak of??..I truly would like to visit their websites to view sane opposition.
Does all the liberal pundits that bashed Bush represent the thoughts of all liberals in the US?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2010, 06:53 PM

Quote:
When will we see these "conservatives" on radio, television shows, cable news, and in print media, telling the rest of the country that they don't align themselves with these "Obama Bashes"!!

Right now the NRC is and has done nothing but lead by example in how to undermine, dis-respect, and obstruct this President.

They then refuse to rein in the certifiable loons who spout the "Hussein", communist, anti-Christ nonsense; and are actually reaching out to them for nothing more than votes for office.

Where are these rational conservatives you speak of??..I truly would like to visit their websites to view sane opposition.
By the way, media pundits and political parties are not what I would call "real life" conservatives.

Old 03-14-2010, 07:04 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,961,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Does all the liberal pundits that bashed Bush represent the thoughts of all liberals in the US?
Dosen't answer the question I asked!!

Old 03-14-2010, 07:05 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,961,201 times
Quote:
By the way, media pundits and political parties are not what I would call "real life" conservatives.
They do set the tone, fan the flames, and lead the directions of their parties, we both know this.

Old 03-14-2010, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Dosen't answer the question I asked!!
Where was the liberal outcry over the Bush bashing that went on while he was president? Should I just assume that just because I never heard any outcry that all liberals walked in lockstep with each other bashing Bush and conservatives? Now you want to stereotype all conservatives because many conservatives in the media and on CD have called Obama insulting names? Pot meets kettle.

Just as not all liberals agreed with Bush bashing, not all conservatives agree with the current childish bashing of Obama.

Old 03-14-2010, 07:23 PM

Quote:
They do set the tone, fan the flames, and lead the directions of their parties, we both know this.
Really? I don't know of any conservatives personally that listen to political pundits. Just as not all liberals walk in lockstep with the liberal political pundits.

Old 03-14-2010, 07:27 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,469 times
I really can't read through this thread. I will not pollute my brain with such stupdity. Call it playing the race card all you want, there is no other explanation for such foolishness day in and day out.

There should be a separate internet for the mentally challenged.

Old 03-14-2010, 07:35 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,399,694 times
Quote:
Where was the liberal outcry over the Bush bashing that went on while he was president? Should I just assume that just because I never heard any outcry that all liberals walked in lockstep with each other bashing Bush and conservatives? Now you want to stereotype all conservatives because many conservatives in the media and on CD have called Obama insulting names? Pot meets kettle.

Just as not all liberals agreed with Bush bashing, not all conservatives agree with the current childish bashing of Obama.
There was some merit, at least, to the "Bush bashing" some of it was based on some fact. Some of the Obama bashing is legit, based on perception or suggestion, but most is just, for a lack of a better term, made up.

I mean, how or why not wearing a tie/jacket in HIS (Oval) office an issue? Hello? Birthers? Hello? On and on.

Old 03-14-2010, 07:38 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,399,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
There should be a separate internet for the mentally challenged.
There is, short list

FOX News(?)

World Net Daily

Human Events

Add to list as necessary.

Old 03-14-2010, 07:47 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,219,211 times
Quote:
Those conservatives who relish in insulting Obama ARE the exception and NOT the rule.
Chatteress-

You are so right (no pun intended). It is easy to forget that when too much time is spent on forums such as these and not out in RL. Or when one lives in an area that has an overabundance of rightwing nuts. After spending time in another area recently, this was made abundantly clear to me, much to my relief.

Name calling using a wide brush does nothing but alienate those who may not share all of our views, but oppose the extremist ramblings of their party. Some on both sides are guilty of this, but they are the exception. I guess that's why they are considered the fringe of the parties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies