Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 01:54 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shroombeanie View Post
Ignorant thread. A couple of opinions on what Obama said about the constitution needing amending. Which IS part of the constitution anyway. Funny how people stretch, bend, and mold the facts to fit their own destructive agendas. This age of endless information (google, wikipedia) doesn't help the lack of comprehension in people. And it won't stop others from believing propaganda. Only those of us who aren't TOO LAZY to actually do some reading will have SOME idea of what is happening. Although, the "real truth" is never known...
How many amendments do you think Obama can get inserted before the end of his term in office? I say none at all but then I don't want the amendments to be done in any way other than what the Constitution calls for.

Do you know what it takes to amend that revered document? How soon can it be done?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2010, 01:54 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,330,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Not wholly true, sarge. Obama has said that our Constitution is outdated and he wants to make changes that will do nothing more than give his progressives more leeway to govern the way they want us to be. Now does just being the President give him the right to talk like that and have everybody accept it?
I know!

A Performance Based Constitution!

No requirements!

Old 03-14-2010, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Wow, I would love to diagram your sentences here but I'm still too busy laughing at the ignorance and lies expressed in them.

DIAGRAMMING SENTENCES
When will you be listing the ignorance and lies for all? I know you are in here with a bunch of your buddies but some, like me,like to see these things pointed out.

Old 03-14-2010, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
In this case the messenger IS the butt, you know if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck and all that....
As far as you understanding you know what they say about birds of a feather sticking together.
Birds of a feather have been sticking together pretty tight in this thread but not one of them has mentioned what part of the opening post was either a lie or anything like that. Just progressive type howling and name calling is all I have seen here. BTW, progressives are just like ducks, if they walk like, talk like, and all that they must be pure progressives and here they have really enjoyed their walklike and talklike crap without mentioning all the lies in the opening post.

Old 03-14-2010, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theolsarge View Post
When you assert with no qualification, you're just asking for abuse. The more absurd the assertion the harder the abuse.

Can't handle the heat? Stay out of the kitchen.

The OP would do better posting on stormfront. He'd get lots of pats on the back and ataboys.
Kind of like the pats on the back and ataboys you progs are spreading around here? Yep, that seems to be it.

Old 03-14-2010, 02:03 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,319,393 times
Quote:
Let me suggest that Obama has said some rather untoward things about out Constitution in public. Yep, he doesn't like the controls over him that are found in that document. He skirts it every time he needs to do so to make a point about some of his crap.
You're more of a Constitutional scholar than I am so correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the amendments to the constitution in existence because someone some where along the line thought it needed improving? Not liking something in the constitution is not in itself an evil act. The founding fathers gave us a way to make changes. Other than stopping parts of Bush's Patriot Act from expiring what exactly has Obama done to 'skirt' around the Constitution?

Quote:
Not wholly true, sarge. Obama has said that our Constitution is outdated and he wants to make changes that will do nothing more than give his progressives more leeway to govern the way they want us to be. Now does just being the President give him the right to talk like that and have everybody accept it?
In a word, yes. It's called free speech. Don't hold your breath waiting for those changes. The founding fathers although they made it possible to make changes, those changes only come from jumping through a lot of hoops that no president alone can do on his own.

Old 03-14-2010, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtinChicago View Post

In his own words, when he was a younger he was already well indoctrinated by his father? figure Frank Marshall Davis (Communist/child abuser/drug user).
I can be fairly certain that if you run with leftist radicals and seek out Marxist professors while under the tutelage of your commie mentor that your view of the Constitution of the United States is skewed and distorted

ESR | February 1, 2010 | State of the Union: Obama v. Constitution

"In his younger days, Obama was not concerned about such associations: "I chose my friends carefully," he wrote. "The more politically active black students; the foreign students; the Chicanos; the Marxist professors and structural feminists and punk-rock performance poets."

But when he announced his aspirations to become a U.S. senator in 2004, Obama began to cover his tracks. He stopped associating publicly with Leftist colleagues and mentors such as Jeremiah Wright, Michael Pfleger, William Ayers, Bernardine Dohrn, Khalid al-Mansour, Rashid Khalidi, Bob Creamer and others."
Now it is time for the progs to attack you again without saying word one about the things you have pointed out that are all relevant and true.

Old 03-14-2010, 02:07 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,706,964 times
I think about some of the stuff I've been suspended for yet this thread still exists

1,317 posts, read 1,399,694 times
Quote:
Birds of a feather have been sticking together pretty tight in this thread but not one of them has mentioned what part of the opening post was either a lie or anything like that. Just progressive type howling and name calling is all I have seen here. BTW, progressives are just like ducks, if they walk like, talk like, and all that they must be pure progressives and here they have really enjoyed their walklike and talklike crap without mentioning all the lies in the opening post.
Labels, labels, so many labels.

Main Entry: 1pro·gres·sive
Pronunciation: \prə-ˈgre-siv\
Function: adjective
Date: circa 1612
1 a : of, relating to, or characterized by progress b : making use of or interested in new ideas, findings, or opportunities c : of, relating to, or constituting an educational theory marked by emphasis on the individual child, informality of classroom procedure, and encouragement of self-expression
2 : of, relating to, or characterized by progression
3 : moving forward or onward : advancing
4 a : increasing in extent or severity <a progressive disease> b : increasing in rate as the base increases <a progressive tax>
5 often capitalized : of or relating to political Progressives
6 : of, relating to, or constituting a verb form that expresses action or state in progress at the time of speaking or a time spoken of
7 : of, relating to, or being a multifocal lens with a gradual transition between focal lengths<progressive bifocals>
8 : or, relating to, or using a method of video scanning (as for television or a computer monitor) in which the horizontal lines of each frame are drawn successively from top to bottom — compare interlaced

Main Entry: 1con·ser·va·tive
Pronunciation: \kən-ˈsər-və-tiv\
Date: 14th century
1 : preservative
2 a : of or relating to a philosophy of conservatism b capitalized : of or constituting a political party professing the principles of conservatism: as (1) : of or constituting a party of the United Kingdom advocating support of established institutions (2) : progressive conservative
3 a : tending or disposed to maintain existing views, conditions, or institutions : traditional b : marked by moderation or caution <a conservative estimate> c : marked by or relating to traditional norms of taste, elegance, style, or manners
4 : of, relating to, or practicing Conservative Judaism

Main Entry: 1lib·er·al
Pronunciation: \ˈli-b(ə-)rəl\
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Latin liberalis suitable for a freeman, generous, from liber free; perhaps akin to Old English lēodan to grow, Greek eleutheros free
Date: 14th century
1 a : of, relating to, or based on the liberal arts <liberal education> b archaic : of or befitting a man of free birth
2 a : marked by generosity : openhanded <a liberal giver> b : given or provided in a generous and openhanded way <a liberal meal> c : ample, full
3 obsolete : lacking moral restraint : licentious
4 : not literal or strict : loose <a liberal translation>
5 : broad-minded; especially : not bound by authoritarianism, orthodoxy, or traditional forms
6 a : of, favoring, or based upon the principles of liberalism b capitalized : of or constituting a political party advocating or associated with the principles of political liberalism; especially : of or constituting a political party in the United Kingdom associated with ideals of individual especially economic freedom, greater individual participation in government, and constitutional, political, and administrative reforms designed to secure these objectives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Oh, his sentence structure is just fine. He's mastered the art of using adjectives which would be fascinating if his adjectives had even a grain of truth and relevance. So are you saying, for example, that you believe Obama was seriously abused/molested as a child? If so, it is up to you or the OP to prove it. Where is the documentation? Got any court records to back up those claims? Any eyewitness accounts?
I think that the OP provided much of what you want to see and all of it has been from the Obama books that progs accept as the only truth in the history of Obama. I haven't read either book but the parts that progs have insisted I read have said the very things that he has said. What more can you want than his own words?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies