Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2010, 03:33 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,172,024 times

Advertisements

Oh man, what is it with the really nutty ones and the bold - and the red - and the underlining?

Before the days of the internet I used to see that on handwritten signs clutched by -- very intense folks on street corners.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2010, 03:40 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,027,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theolsarge View Post
And just what, exactly, have you learned to expect from the creationist, conservative, repugnant, tea bagger right?

Excuse me but I am a "right-wing" conservative who believes in creationalism and take offense at your comment. Not all conservatives are into president bashing just as not all liberals bashed Bush.

Old 03-14-2010, 03:41 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,049,604 times
Default Do you think that they teach the Constitution at Harvard Law School ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
this is a hilarious thread!

So a President (Obama) who happens to be a Constitutional scholar hates the Constitution?
TeaBaggers will never believe that anyone knows the Constitution better than they do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Oh man, what is it with the really nutty ones and the bold - and the red - and the underlining?

Before the days of the internet I used to see that on handwritten signs clutched by -- very intense folks on street corners.

Old 03-14-2010, 03:43 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,399,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Excuse me but I am a "right-wing" conservative who believes in creationalism and take offense at your comment. Not all conservatives are into president bashing just as not all liberals bashed Bush.
My comments were meant toward the many (rule), not the few (exception).

If the shoe fits, wear it, if not, look at another pair.

Old 03-14-2010, 03:46 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,702,384 times
Indeed, Obama is engaging in dangerous demagoguery when he suggests that we the people of the United States need him – or the government he wants in place – to give us rights we don’t already have.

Obama has said that the Constitution is "fundamentally flawed". Fundamentally.

2 a : of or relating to essential structure, function, or facts : RADICAL <fundamental change>; also : of or dealing with general principles rather than practical application.

b: of, relating to, or forming the base or essence : FUNDAMENTAL basic truths of or relating to essential structure, function, or facts.

Put that together with his statement that he is going to FUNDAMENTALLY transform this country, and think on that a bit. It'll come to you.

If it doesn't, you're a lost cause.

Old 03-14-2010, 03:46 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,027,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theolsarge View Post
My comments were meant toward the many (rule), not the few (exception).

If the shoe fits, wear it, if not, look at another pair.
Those conservatives who relish in insulting Obama ARE the exception and NOT the rule.

Old 03-14-2010, 03:47 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,172,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Indeed, Obama is engaging in dangerous demagoguery when he suggests that we the people of the United States need him – or the government he wants in place – to give us rights we don’t already have.

2 a : of or relating to essential structure, function, or facts : RADICAL <fundamental change>; also : of or dealing with general principles rather than practical application.

b: of, relating to, or forming the base or essence : FUNDAMENTAL basic truths of or relating to essential structure, function, or facts.

Put that together with his statement that he is going to FUNDAMENTALLY transform this country, and think on that a bit. It'll come to you.

Please quote those speeches you're talking about. Can you?

In fact before you quote them you might read them

Old 03-14-2010, 03:50 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,399,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Those conservatives who relish in insulting Obama ARE the exception and NOT the rule.
Have a real hard time making somebody believe that. But that's another string.

Old 03-14-2010, 04:00 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,702,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Please quote those speeches you're talking about. Can you?

In fact before you quote them you might read them
I did. You might look them up yourself. Here's one, in context:

YouTube - Barack Obama Constitution quote IN CONTEXT!

Here's another:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvJJP9AYgqU

and a pretty good one on how the Obama admin is putting transformation into practice by circumventing the Constitution:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKj8piIuH6o&NR=1

The government makes up rules as it goes along.

Last edited by swbtoo; 03-14-2010 at 04:15 PM..

Old 03-14-2010, 04:01 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,571,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post

I have yet to hear Obama say we "need" him or that the Constitution is "fundementally flawed". Please provide evidence of that besides the the smoke coming out of your bunghole!

Is the Constitution flawed? Well when you start off with the BS that all men are created EQUAL and we have enslaved our black brothers & sisters in bondage and it took a Civil War to correct that I would say yes it is a flawed document!

Round 1! let's go!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies