Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 04:48 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,044,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
While I dont agree with their approach. They are correct and what people aren't allowed to call someone out because they have Parkinsons?
wow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2010, 04:48 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,693,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Ummmm.....how would this be any different than when Obama made fun of handicap people in Special Olympics???? Real classy of Obama.
So it's OK with you, as long as the thugs are on your side

Old 03-17-2010, 04:49 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
While I dont agree with their approach. They are correct and what people aren't allowed to call someone out because they have Parkinsons?

Why should someone be "called out" for having Parkinson's? Is this another "personal repsonsibility" issue the RWs have? Do people cause their own Parkinson's?

2,652 posts, read 8,581,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
Actually, Obama made a comment which was meant to be lighthearted about his bowling ability and which was sincerely not meant to harm anyone.

In this video, these teabaggers were up in the face of a disabled man, jeering down at him, throwing money at him and calling him names.
As a group, they were intentionally trying to humiliate the man and put him down.

To a teabagger, these two instances are probably similar but not to a rational person.

The Sleuth - Obama Likens His Bowling Game to Special Olympics
Funny you mention that, because I'm not a tea bagger. But, I am a rational man. Obama's comment was light hearted, and wasn't intended to offend anyone, but to equate his sub par bowling skills to that of Special Olympians is offensive, so don't pretend it's not. I agree, what the tea baggers did was unacceptable, but to act like the "other" side are the only ones acting out of line is ignorant. Once again the line in the sand is drawn, and those on the other side are stupid... Right? Come on, we're all better than that.

And to answer a previous poster, yes, my mother did say two wrongs don't make a right. She also said "those that live in a glass house shouldn't throw stones." Or something like that... I'll admit, I didn't listen much during my teenage years.

1,461 posts, read 1,528,815 times
Reminds me of Nazi's beating up old people. Shameful and cruel. These tea baggers are cowards and obviously don't believe in civil discourse. They are disgusting.

Old 03-17-2010, 04:54 PM

Default Calling out people with parkinsons..???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Why should someone be "called out" for having Parkinson's? Is this another "personal repsonsibility" issue the RWs have? Do people cause their own Parkinson's?
I think they're trying to say that the man deserved to be "called out" and that he shouldn't expect a handout and needs to work for everything that he gets... like the teabaggers said in the video.

again... wow

Old 03-17-2010, 04:57 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,844,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
wow
So what you dont think someone can question call out or not agree with someone simply because they have Parkinsons?

You need to tell Freddie Roach the trainer to stop talking junk about other people then because he has Parkinsons and it appears you dont want someone calling him out.

Old 03-17-2010, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasse View Post
The hell you do. A jok is something totally different than physically attacking someone. You know this and you're a bigot.
While I dont agree with throwing dollars at him I dont consider that " physically attacking" someone. To physically attack someone you need to put your hands on them and no one that I seen put their hands on him

So what if someone throws a piece of paper at you that should be considered assault?

Old 03-17-2010, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhandle View Post
Reminds me of Nazi's beating up old people. Shameful and cruel. These tea baggers are cowards and obviously don't believe in civil discourse. They are disgusting.
Do you believe in it? Just not to the point of the childish insults like tea baggers when it comes to someone you dont agree with huh

Old 03-17-2010, 05:03 PM

Default Forget political correctness, you don't even have a heart!

Quote:
So what you dont think someone can question call out or not agree with someone simply because they have Parkinsons?

You need to tell Freddie Roach the trainer to stop talking junk about other people then because he has Parkinsons and it appears you dont want someone calling him out.
Jadex,

You seem to be lost in to be in your own little mean world.

I have nothing to say to you.

Last edited by World Citizen; 03-17-2010 at 05:14 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies