Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 11:58 AM

9,891 posts, read 10,825,432 times

Advertisements

I found this interesting and also found it to be true but coming from an esteemed member of the left like Joe Klein..............Beware the Bloggers' Bile | TIME

Old 06-07-2007, 12:09 PM

572 posts, read 2,089,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
I found this interesting and also found it to be true but coming from an esteemed member of the left like Joe Klein..............Beware the Bloggers' Bile | TIME
These are quotes from your posts, all from just one thread:

"typical leftist Seattlite mentality"

"just your garden variety Anti American leftist. Where are you coming from?"

"Sounds to me like your just looking to be offended"

"make yourself guilty by association because your both leftists"

"I am a proud member of the love it or leave it crowd"

"I loathe American LEFTISTS and everything they stand for"

"a total whacked out union, anti bush commie lib"

Now, who is intolerant?

Old 06-07-2007, 12:17 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,333,861 times
Intolerant to intolerance. Guilty as charged.

Old 06-07-2007, 12:46 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,825,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremeyk482 View Post
These are quotes from your posts, all from just one thread:

"typical leftist Seattlite mentality"

"just your garden variety Anti American leftist. Where are you coming from?"

"Sounds to me like your just looking to be offended"

"make yourself guilty by association because your both leftists"

"I am a proud member of the love it or leave it crowd"

"I loathe American LEFTISTS and everything they stand for"

"a total whacked out union, anti bush commie lib"

Now, who is intolerant?
Whats your point? Keep digging babe! everyone knows us right wingers are intolerant right? Look , I have always been straight up about what I believe, my politics and my Ideology, any body thats been on here for any length of time knows exactly where I am coming from I dont try to hide behind anything! I also have been repeatedly called a hatemonger, Ignorant homophobe ,racist bigot, extremist, wingnut, bushlover, facist, chaeuvanist etc, but you dont hear me pissing & wining & having peoples posts removed or banned. Some of my favorite people on this forum are extreme polar opposites of me, who know how to take it like they dish it ! The thing is people on the right supposedly own intolerance, but you only have to look at a thread regarding homosexuals to see intolerance coming from the left with both barrells!

Old 06-07-2007, 01:07 PM

764 posts, read 1,457,137 times
Default Vote YES on Amendment I.

I don’t like extremism and it seems to me that extremists are too frequently elected to offices. But moderates are waking up and I HOPE they’ll be active between now and election time. I’m glad Silas777 brought this article to the forum because it demonstrates how a movement is building to counter the barrage of extremist commentary from the “other side.”

There’s a new term in our language developed during the 2004 campaigns: swift-boating or swift-boat or swift-boated. And there’s lots of talk out there in the blogosphere that Hillary Clinton “is going to be swift-boated big time.” As extremists cannot be stopped from spouting whatever comes to mind, then extremists will be useful in canceling each other out—I HOPE!

Old 06-07-2007, 01:09 PM

572 posts, read 2,089,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Whats your point? Keep digging babe! everyone knows us right wingers are intolerant right? Look , I have always been straight up about what I believe, my politics and my Ideology, any body thats been on here for any length of time knows exactly where I am coming from I dont try to hide behind anything! I also have been repeatedly called a hatemonger, Ignorant homophobe ,racist bigot, extremist, wingnut, bushlover, facist, chaeuvanist etc, but you dont hear me pissing & wining & having peoples posts removed or banned. Some of my favorite people on this forum are extreme polar opposites of me, who know how to take it like they dish it ! The thing is people on the right supposedly own intolerance, but you only have to look at a thread regarding homosexuals to see intolerance coming from the left with both barrells!
Hey, you said it!

Old 06-07-2007, 01:12 PM

2,356 posts, read 3,477,547 times
I resent your insensitive stereotyping of left-handed people. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Old 06-07-2007, 01:18 PM

5,110 posts, read 7,141,538 times
Sil,

you posted about reactions to representatives of a party. If you go to right wing sites you'll see venom on GOPers who didn't vote to their tastes on immigration or other issues.

What a non issue. Tolerance isn't even relevant.

Old 06-07-2007, 01:43 PM

2,482 posts, read 8,733,641 times
I find it a shame that supposedly intelligent adults of the United States have turned politics, a delicate matter concerning the administering of our country, into a mudslinging, character-slaying, popularity contest. Truly, America has recessed.

Old 06-07-2007, 01:53 PM

2,267 posts, read 3,298,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmerkyGrl View Post
I find it a shame that supposedly intelligent adults of the United States have turned politics, a delicate matter concerning the administering of our country, into a mudslinging, character-slaying, popularity contest. Truly, America has recessed.

I agree with you.

I think its sad when people on EITHER side are so partisan blind that they allow that to dictate their beliefs...if you don't stray from the party line on anything...could it be that your being led down the path??

Can you think for yourself or are you being spoonfed what your party preaches and your buying it lock stock and barrel...I am speaking to both sides here...

Someone who can't think for themselves is someone I ignore completely...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies