Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2010, 11:58 AM

301 posts, read 1,371,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Republicans wanted Colin Powell to run for president in 1996 and 2000.
Your post are so redundant they were Republicans not TP'ers. You're entire argument has stayed afloat by pigeon holing to two groups in together.

Quote:
Tea Party people are republicans. And old enough to have been around in 1996 and 2000.
A SEGMENT of Republicans are TP'ers. Where is your SOURCE that this segment of the Republican party were supporters of Collin Powell to run for president? Either provide the source of concede that you have no point.

Quote:
It's not a stretch to say that Tea Party people have no problem with a black person being president.
Where in the Hell were the TP'ers during Bush's 8 years of BS that put us in the situation that we are in. Why is EVERYTHING that the president does (even on vacations) criticized by TP'ers. Why in Hell did this passion SUDDENLY errupt within the first of month of the first Black president's first term? You right wingers are so damn indenial about what is fueling the strong passion of these people that it's sickening.

Then to counter this clear observation on the part Left wingers and moderates you all say "You all scream racism to much". Well when do right wingers ever acknowledge an instance of White on black racism? Hell some right wingers still even deny that racism had anything to do with the Jena 6!

Quote:
I never saw the HBO documnetary. I'm sure it was very even handed. LOLs.
Well here is the entire documentary !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2010, 11:59 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post
Then there's the "libertarians" where I work... heh... the racist jokes with regard to Obama are the staple diet these days.
I am a Libertarian. We are neither racist nor Republican
Anyone stating they are a Libertarian and using racist jokes
in the same sentence are a fraud. We neither Judge or Discriminate against ANYONE. The party of Principle

Platform | Libertarian Party

3.5 Rights and Discrimination

We condemn bigotry as irrational and repugnant. Government should not deny or abridge any individual's rights based on sex, wealth, race, color, creed, age, national origin, personal habits, political preference or sexual orientation. Parents, or other guardians, have the right to raise their children according to their own standards and beliefs.

Old 04-10-2010, 12:04 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,432,712 times
Quote:
I found a link that says if you look at American history the Tea Party people ARE the mainstream in this country.

It's the people that oppose the Tea Party movement that are extremist.

Interesting. It's a website form my howmtown and I never even heard of it. Just kinda tripped across it. I bookmarked it.

Once again:

Tea Party people=mainsteam

Tea Party opposition=extremists.

Here is the link.

That's quite a source you have there..lol

How about we try an independent polling firm with a good reputation?

Tea Partiers:

Quote:
74 percent are Republicans or independent voters leaning Republican;
16 percent are Democrats or independent voters leaning Democratic;
5 percent are solidly independent;
88 percent are white
77 percent voted for Sen. John McCain in 2008;
15 percent voted for President Barack Obama.
National (US) Poll * March 24, 2010 * Tea Party Could Hurt GOP In Co - Quinnipiac University – Hamden, Connecticut

Hmm..by those numbers, one can only conclude the 'bagger movement is virtually all white, all Republican..

Definitely NOT mainstream..

Old 04-10-2010, 12:10 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisvilleslugger View Post
Your post are so redundant they were Republicans not TP'ers. You're entire argument has stayed afloat by pigeon holing to two groups in together.

A SEGMENT of Republicans are TP'ers. Where is your SOURCE that this segment of the Republican party were supporters of Collin Powell to run for president? Either provide the source of concede that you have no point.

Where in the Hell were the TP'ers during Bush's 8 years of BS that put us in the situation that we are in. Why is EVERYTHING that the president does (even on vacations) criticized by TP'ers. Why in Hell did this passion SUDDENLY errupt within the first of month of the first Black president's first term? You right wingers are so damn indenial about what is fueling the strong passion of these people that it's sickening.

Then to counter this clear observation on the part Left wingers and moderates you all say "You all scream racism to much". Well when do right wingers ever acknowledge an instance of White on black racism? Hell some right wingers still even deny that racism had anything to do with the Jena 6!

Well here is the entire documentary !
The Tea Party movement started in 2007 when George Bush was president. By republicans. It's not difficult to figure those republicans wanted Powell to run. If you can't make that connection then you just don't have any logical thinking skills.

Here's a link:

Tea Party 2007

And maybe I wouldn't need be redundant if the tea party bashers weren't redundant in their sophomoric claims about the Tea Party not starting during Bush presidency and it being all about race. Is Bush black? Was Obama the Democratic frontrunner in 2007 or was it a white person? But the Tea Party was started then. Guess it isn't about race then.

Old 04-10-2010, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
That's quite a source you have there..lol

How about we try an independent polling firm with a good reputation?

Tea Partiers:

National (US) Poll * March 24, 2010 * Tea Party Could Hurt GOP In Co - Quinnipiac University – Hamden, Connecticut

Hmm..by those numbers, one can only conclude the 'bagger movement is virtually all white, all Republican..

Definitely NOT mainstream..
It's obvious you didn't read the link I provided.

It said it is mainstream in America to oppose big government. You just gotta turn everything into race.

And now you're telling me it's all white republicans? When I said that earlier and that white republicans wanted Powell as president you jumped my case and said it wasn't the same people as the Tea Partiers. Guess you want it both ways. LOLs.

Old 04-10-2010, 12:14 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,790,970 times
Quote:
I don't know what else you can say. Just one more survey showing the tea party movement for what it really is: a group of partisan racists..

UW :: WISER
And any group with "Black" in the title like "Black MBA Assocation" or "Black Caucus" isn't? LOL!

Old 04-10-2010, 12:17 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,432,712 times
Quote:
It's obvious you didn't read the link I provided.

It said it is mainstream in America to oppose big government. You just gotta turn everything into race.

And now you're telling me it's all republicans? When I say that the lefties jump my case. LOLs.

Poll says almost 90% of the 'baggers are lily white. Another poll says less than 50% of tea party supporters think blacks are intelligent..

Sorry, but there's not much you can do to rehabilitate numbers like those..

That's just a simple fact.

Old 04-10-2010, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Poll says almost 90% of the 'baggers are lily white. Another poll says less than 50% of tea party supporters think blacks are intelligent..

Sorry, but there's not much you can do to rehabilitate numbers like those..

That's just a simple fact.
Polls can say anything the pollster wants them to say. This article tried its best to say Tea Party people are racist. The poll doesn't show that. Therefore, the article showed be dismissed.

And the Tea Party was started in 2007. When we had a white president. The frontrunner for the GOP nomination was white. The frontrunner for the Democrats was white. Therefore, it is safe to assume that the Tea Party movement has nothing to do with race. It has to do with big government.

In other words, you are wrong. The fact that you resort to using the junior highish term like "baggers" shows that you have no argument. So you resort to name calling. The last resort of a desperate man.

Old 04-10-2010, 12:39 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,842,401 times
To put this very simply, the only color that matters is green. The government wastes a tremendous amount of our money and it is aggravating beyond the ability to stay silent. We are TRILLIONS in debt. It is well past time to make the difficult cuts. If we simply raise taxes more, the politicians will spend it on new shiny objects to help further their elections. They damn sure will not pay down our debt!

Old 04-10-2010, 12:43 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,939,872 times
Quote:
Polls can say anything the pollster wants them to say. This article tried its best to say Tea Party people are racist. The poll doesn't show that. Therefore, the article showed be dismissed.

And the Tea Party was started in 2007. When we had a white president. The frontrunner for the GOP nomination was white. The frontrunner for the Democrats was white. Therefore, it is safe to assume that the Tea Party movement has nothing to do with race. It has to do with big government.

In other words, you are wrong. The fact that you resort to using the junior highish term like "baggers" shows that you have no argument. So you resort to name calling. The last resort of a desperate man.
I just read through this thread, and your argument seems far more desperate than the OPs.

First, I would object to the thread of the title. I don't think the "teabaggers" (I will refer to them as Tea Partiers because calling them teabaggers only detracts from the discussion and allows people to ignore your argument) are necessarily innately or fundamentally racist. I do think, however, that many of the people in the Tea Party right now are in it partly of racial antipathy.

To your points, firstly, you repeated ad nauseum that the Tea Partiers were the same individuals who wanted Colin Powell to be President. How can you prove that these are the same people? The Tea Partiers are not synonymous with the Republican Party, and not everyone in the Republican Party wanted Powell to be president.

Secondly, your comment about the Tea Party beginning in 2007 is interesting. Do you have a source to back it up? Do you disagree that the movement has only gained national prominence and its current force and size following Obama's election?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies