Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2010, 11:06 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,112,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Just you.

I can't help that you don't see your stance as being washed in feminism.

How do women get pregnant? You want to have a conversation about pregnancy and abortion and and not include the other half (men are a part of it) or would you prefer to dance around that fact too and make believe all unwanted pregnancies are immaculate conceptions?

I'm against abortion as a form of birth control.

I'm pro-taking responsibility for your own actions and doing so without ridiculous excuses.
I don't believe it should be a form of birth control.

However, if I were to fall pregnant, and not be ready for it, not be in a stable enviornment, or if there was something seriously wrong with the fetus - I reserve the right to make the choice about my own body.

Simply - get your hands off my ovaries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2010, 11:08 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,257,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
Again--sexual oppression.
How so?

Quote:
This would make it a distinctly female problem then, would it not, and men have absolutely no say in the abortion debate?
I'm a chick. Mom of 3. Men have just as much of a right to speak their minds about anything they want to. Don't women?

Quote:
You will have to explain something to me. I'm pregnant, and I am unable to support the child both during pregnancy and for the next 18 years. How is it not responsible to terminate that pregnancy?
Why weren't you responsible enough to NOT get pregnant if you already KNEW you couldn't support a child? What does adoption cost you?

Quote:
No, but you can also provide the option to make a responsible decision and not ruin several lives because of an archaic view of sexual health.
Archaic view....here's the REAL archaic view: poor me, I got knocked up b/c I couldn't control my archaic tendencies to have sex no matter the consequences.

Here is a great option: adoption.

Old 06-10-2010, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozgal View Post

However, if I were to fall pregnant, and not be ready for it, not be in a stable enviornment, or if there was something seriously wrong with the fetus - I reserve the right to make the choice about my own body.

If the fetus is a danger to the mother's life, absolutely.

"Falling" pregnant . That is akin, in the US, to saying "oops! Look what happened when I peed on the stick...how did that happen?".

Don't have unprotected sex if you are not in a stable environment. Why would you want to anyway...knowing you aren't stable? The excuses for having sex and ending up pregnant and getting an abortion are really getting ridiculous.

It REALLY is that EASY to NOT get pregnant.

Old 06-10-2010, 11:14 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,572,548 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
I'm pro- taking responsibility also, AND anti-abortion so everyone can be pro-responsibility. Oh what a wonderful world we would live in, if everyone was suddenly responsible for there actions. Lots of people (not just women, business, everything) would be quite screwed but after a bit, people would realize things are changing and make the change also or cease to exist.
If you think that every one in this world will just get up and become responsible, dream on.

I think that getting an abortion when you know it is the better choice is being responsible.

Quote:
Seemed to have looked over my posts eh?

Oh and I suppose your psychic, you can see into the future? And always has been, uhh whats all this talk then of when women went to a back alley and were killed by botched abortions, what about these stories I keep hearing about coat hanger abortions that were done way back when? Hmm.

You need a biology lesson. First off the baby does not grow in the intestines, and isn't as big as a watermelon for all 9 months. Women have a womb in which the baby slowly grows over the course of 9 months. I can't believe i'm explaining this to a woman. lol
I can't believe you are explaining it either. I cannot believe I am explaining to you that it was figure of speech.

I am psychic enough to know that many female readers on here don't care what you think about abortion and will have an abortion if they want too.

Old 06-10-2010, 11:17 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
It doesn't. I've never been pregnant. I protect myself. However, I still reserve the right to control what happens to my body.

I note you missed the other points I made.

Until you change typcial teenage behaviour, that has been occurring for generations - I say we deal with this as responsible and unemotionally driven as possible.

A 16 yr old having sex is not always the result of dysfunctional parenting
Thank you for saying that. I'm fed up with people blaming the parents for everything their kids do wrong. Were none of these people kids themselves? Even the Amish allow for rebellion in teens.

Quote:
I'll respond to my part and not put words into sawdust's mouth by responding to his.

Really, men don't face consequences of knocking a woman up? For whatever reason I doubt you forgot about that thing called child support. Not all consequences have to be physical, financial can hurt just as much (trust me, I know from previous experience).
Well, as my friend's lawyer said about her trying to get child support out of the father of her child (they were unmarried), "You can't get blood out of a turnip". The truth is, many men don't pay child support. Even those that do, often don't pay it for the entire 18 years of childhood (legal childhood, that is).

Old 06-10-2010, 11:26 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,270,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
not a thing wrong with people having sex just for the fun of it. to abstain is not a real viable alternative to 95% of adults. sex is not a "sin".
and mental health experts as well as physicians like to also point out how healthy a sex life is both on the body and the mind. And one of the qualities of having a healthy living.

To expect a woman to use abstinence is like telling the sun to not rise

Of course, why is only the "woman" forced to practice abstinence, when the man is as much as responsible for a pregnancy as a woman.

Quote:
what a woman does that you are not personally involved with, is her life is none of your concern. she has a right to live her life diddling who she wants, when she wants to and at will. she has the right to choice should she get pregnant without your interference.

coat hanger abortions and the death of women from is a fact.
you would prefer an america where women have two choices? forcing her to term or backing her into a corner where she uses a coat hanger and dies?

Old 06-10-2010, 11:30 PM

Here's the thing: the US has a huge problem when it comes to the teen pregnancy rate.

So let's get sex education going full force in schools (not personally against it) and toss condoms at them. Knock it into teen girls heads that THEY are the ones who get pregnant and most likely will be left hung out to dry, putting their future on hold and raising the baby on their own with help from mom and dad while baby-daddy moves on.

While their adult counterparts can't even control themselves "in the heat of the moment" or properly use birth control and put forth any and every excuse for getting pregnant?

What examples do these teens have other than abortion as a solution?

None. Not from all the excuses I've seen on this thread.

Old 06-10-2010, 11:33 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,270,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
abortion isn't exactly safe for the one getting aborted is it?
typical pro-lifer tactic. A fetus is not a person nor has any rights. so don't pull that crap with us.

And abortion only affects 1 person; the woman having it.

Quote:
at least heroine is a victimless crime in just its usage.
you haven't known a heroin (no e) addict have you? Its not a victimless crime. IT affects everyone

It affects the store owner whose store was robbed just so that addict can get money to buy his/her next score

It affects the family members of those related to the addict to watch that person's life go down the drain

It affects the public who now has to pay for public assistance and housing for that addict if they were put through drug rehab

It affects the tax payers, should that addict be put into jail.

Heroin addicts are not victimless. THEY make victims of every one.

Old 06-10-2010, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Thank you for saying that. I'm fed up with people blaming the parents for everything their kids do wrong. Were none of these people kids themselves? Even the Amish allow for rebellion in teens.
Children are a reflection of their parents.

You don't have to like it, it is what it is.

Old 06-10-2010, 11:40 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,852,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post

If you think that every one in this world will just get up and become responsible, dream on.

I think that getting an abortion when you know it is the better choice is being responsible.

Well if people don't become responsible if abortion is ever made illegal and they decide to shove a hanger up there, then as I said (hopefully) they will cease to exist.

I can't believe you are explaining it either. I cannot believe I am explaining to you that it was figure of speech.

For whatever reason, even though you claim it as being a figure of speech now, I believe you actually were serious. Your other post show you think men (prolife men) are the scum of the earth and I highly doubt you would refrain from shoving a watermelon up their a$$ if you got the chance.

I am psychic enough to know that many female readers on here don't care what you think about abortion and will have an abortion if they want too.

I don't really care if there are many female readers who don't care what i'm saying, I'm saying it, I don't care what you say half the time here but that ain't gonna keep you quiet. I'm sure they will have abortions too, what I am discussing is why it should be illegal and why its wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies