Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 04:54 AM

5,232 posts, read 8,417,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
Whether for one reason or another the name of that piece of shi- should be stuffed under a rock. His crimes against humanity will never be matched and therefore he should never be compared.

Thats where you are wrong. Ignoring history is a great way to see it repeated, liberals are especially good at that sort of thing. Besides there have been similar cases of genocide before & after Hitler, he's only special because it was in western Europe in the modern era.

Another similarity is he lead Germany even though he wasn't a German, Obama leads America, yet wont or cant prove he's an American.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2010, 04:54 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,758,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
Whether you like him or not or think he is doing a bad job or good, does anyone think he should be compared to one of the most disgusting people of all time? Last I looked, Hitler ordered millions to be killed. He told lies and used propoganda to blame others for the problems of society.
I have seen pictures of Obama with the same mustache (photo shopped onto him) as that piece of sh-- and I wonder what the hell society is thinking. I hated Bush and I wouldn't even have referred to him this way. So what kind of idiotic comparison is this? Did people sleep for 8 years? Has anyone in the US recently killed millions that we didn't hear about? Anyone else seen these ridiculous posters?

I don't know if you just started following politics but they do it for the samr reason people on the left called Bush Hitler (complete with signs). Fringe people are not the sole domain of the right as the Dems would like you to believe.

Old 05-27-2010, 05:03 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,026,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
You think that if he inherited a pristine economy like Bush did he would have? GMAMFB!!!

Why is he hiring federal employees like crazy?

Oh wait, I know the answer. He's growing the Democrat base.

Old 05-27-2010, 08:42 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,147,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyPants View Post
Whenever I criticize Obama people assume I believe in comments like this. These comments make it 10x harder to convince Obama supporters that he is doing poorly. Part of me doesn't blame them, I'd be suspicious of Obama critics if I read garbage like this.
Thank you for an intelligent comment. I do support Obama but I too am waiting for results. Whether you support someone or not, making dumb comments like the person you quoted, separates the country. Lots of people support one side or the other and that's their right but exaggerating in such an extreme way does portray specific groups as idiots. That's also why the terms righty and lefty have become so popular.

Last edited by Lancet71; 05-27-2010 at 08:53 AM..

Old 05-27-2010, 08:45 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,241,461 times
The stupidest thing is when I hear liberals comparing Israel to nazis. Something tells me that Israelis don't care much for the antisemitic, white supremacy ideology that the nazis had. But I could be wrong...

Old 05-27-2010, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
Thats where you are wrong. Ignoring history is a great way to see it repeated, liberals are especially good at that sort of thing. Besides there have been similar cases of genocide before & after Hitler, he's only special because it was in western Europe in the modern era.

Another similarity is he lead Germany even though he wasn't a German, Obama leads America, yet wont or cant prove he's an American.
Please stop showing your true colors. Liberals are especially good at that sort of thing? GOP supporter i'm guessing? No one including myself EVER said to ignore history but in my lifetime no president whether democrat or republican has ever done anything that warrants being compared to a murderer.
Also get off the high horse already. The only idiots that still question if Obama is American are the ones that think Palin was a great running mate for McCain. They've already seen the birth certificate but still question it. They could show hospital records and people like you would still deny his citizenship. Like Bill Maher said, show me Palin's high school diploma!

Old 05-27-2010, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
I don't know if you just started following politics but they do it for the samr reason people on the left called Bush Hitler (complete with signs). Fringe people are not the sole domain of the right as the Dems would like you to believe.
I've been driving for over 20 years and have NEVER seen people in front of the post office or in public with Bush posters with the tiny mustache or any other republican or democrat; only Obama. My eyes don't lie. For your information though, I would never say that the nut jobs just come from one side of the aisle. Whether you support D or R, you also have the extreme cases from both sides.

Old 05-27-2010, 01:48 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,598,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
OK, then. Tell me what type of civilian force Obama was talking about? The Hitler Youth? See.. I don't think Obama was talking about kids, but a force made of adults. For example, the "community organizers" he is known for being part of. Therefore, organizations such as ACORN and others could very well be what he was talking about, unless you can prove otherwise.
This Ray:
S.277: Serve America Act - U.S. Congress - OpenCongress

And with the bill comes a study of service learning that is to be implemented into our schools systems with a 'service learning curriculum' where as, the school admins will file a report and from that report the determination will be made if, 'mandatory' service would be a good idea.

It is a 10-year study. So---in 10-years there may be a 'mandatory' term of service to all people to volunteer within their community and/or beyond.

Notice the funding?

Whenever something big is hitting the media outlets, (healthcare) causing huge discussions, know that something else even more significant is going on in an area, few will notice.

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 05-27-2010 at 01:49 PM.. Reason: be

Old 05-27-2010, 01:50 PM

4,574 posts, read 7,502,936 times
Outside of the vile things he did, he actually managed to make Germany economically prosperous.

Old 05-27-2010, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
Outside of the vile things he did, he actually managed to make Germany economically prosperous.
Like I already said, when you are taking all the stuff from the people you are murdering, it's very easy to prosper. If we stole all the belongings and oil from Iraq; we'd be prosperous too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies