Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 07:33 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,114,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
funny before you said your kids were CSM's now you say SGM's....please make up your mind

and if as CSM/SGM if they dont see the problems in logicstics, then maybe they shouldnt be stripe wearers:

plus you are going to face the EO/EEO/SH/POSH complaints because its not about what that openly gay person can and cant do...its about how others FEEL

its just like a sexualy harrassment problem/issue...its not about what is or isnt DONE, its about how someone FEELS about it

its just like what was just taught in POSH class a couple of weeks ago:

you say 'come on guys' and there is a female in the group....sexual harrasment

you tell a co-worker a rauncy joke, she laughs...BUT the person in the OTHER CUBICLE is offended.....its an EO complaint

if they "allow' OPENLY gay...then ANYONE can say they FEEL, they were sexually harrassed (because BY DEFINATION it is about a FEELING (you know, you cant say, I didnt know, or it was only a joke) and PROSICUTE the 'openly' gay.

DADT was the best choice, now 'openly gays' will be prosicuted and discharged due to subversion of the military, and sexal harrasment (did you know a sexual harrasment CONVICTION , will get you on Megans list too)
Duh....read my posts again....you clearly don't understand military rankings. AND I doubt if someone like you is in any position to determine if people with 30+ years of courageous service, and piles of commendations is fitted for their ranking just because they don't agree with you that turning honorable soldiers into liars with secret lives is the "best choice" for the military.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2010, 07:45 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,878,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Duh....read my posts again....you clearly don't understand military rankings. AND I doubt if someone like you is in any position to determine if people with 30+ years of courageous service, and piles of commendations is fitted for their ranking just because they don't agree with you that turning honorable soldiers into liars with secret lives is the "best choice" for the military.
I think the point with Don't ask Don't tell was they weren't to lie...they were simply to not discuss it at all.

Of course I would wonder why your sexual proclivities would be discussed in the first place,you are at work....

Someone telling you about their sexual activities could be considered sexual harassment.

Old 05-28-2010, 07:49 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,496,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I dont understand.....who the f are you

I am a retired (30 years) Army First Sergeant...and CURRENTLY an Department of the Army Civilian

have your 'supposed' 'CSM/SGM kids ever delt with BARRACKS, or actual leading of troops

a CSM is the head ENLISTED for a Battallion of higher...his/her mission is the health and wefare of all enlisted under them....beans, beds and bullets

do you DENY the barracks sleeping issue?
do you DENY the shower issue?
do you DENY the fratinization issue?
do you DENY the stationing issue?
do you DENY the health issue?
do you DENY the security issue?
do you DENY the safety issue?
do you deny the EO/POSH issue?

Old 05-28-2010, 08:53 AM

1,692 posts, read 1,960,882 times
Quote:

I am a retired (30 years) Army First Sergeant...and CURRENTLY an Department of the Army Civilian

have your 'supposed' 'CSM/SGM kids ever delt with BARRACKS, or actual leading of troops

a CSM is the head ENLISTED for a Battallion of higher...his/her mission is the health and wefare of all enlisted under them....beans, beds and bullets

And you REALIZE that there are MANY gays and lesbians serving RIGHT NOW? I really don't think you do.

Many countries have no policy towards gays and lesbians in the military. Canada doesn't. It hasn't effected the fight in Afghanistan one single bit. So can you please build up another straw man?

Old 05-28-2010, 09:02 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,878,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post

Many countries have no policy towards gays and lesbians in the military. Canada doesn't. It hasn't effected the fight in Afghanistan one single bit.
How many gays are serving in the Canadian military?

Old 05-28-2010, 09:19 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,496,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
And you REALIZE that there are MANY gays and lesbians serving RIGHT NOW? I really don't think you do.

Many countries have no policy towards gays and lesbians in the military. Canada doesn't. It hasn't effected the fight in Afghanistan one single bit. So can you please build up another straw man?
YES , I realize that there are gays serving, I also realize there are cathloics servive...but I dont NEED TO KNOW their religion,,, I also know that there are rich and poor serving, but I dont NEED TO KNOW their social status.

the FACTs are there this is not about what a person can or cant do, its about PRECEPTION and FEELINGS...its about when a person ADVERTIZES a PERSONAL thing about them that will be PERCIEVED upon

even if you are hetro...do I need to know, or want to know that you are sleeping with 20 other people....no...BUT IF I DO, then it opens up problems,,,,,security risk, health risk, moral risk, etc

I have NEVER said that gays should/should not be in the military or any other occupation....what I am saying is that "Dont ASK, dont TELL" was the BEST choice for a solution to a bad stitation

the facts are NO-ONE, NEEDS TO KNOW, nor should ASK about something that is persoal like that...does the army NEED TO KNOW, or do I NEED TO TELL, that my wife likes to be tied up and spanked....NO....but if I TOLD, or was ASKED, I and she would be looked upon differently.................SEE THE POINT

Old 05-28-2010, 10:04 AM

898 posts, read 1,403,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
DADT is the equivalent of sticking your head in the sand. What do people think is going to happen? That gays and lesbians are going to magically disappear if you don't talk about it...? That gays and lesbians can't serve honorably in our military once they announce their sexual orientation?

LOL
Why is there any need to announce it in the military?

When you join, you give up your rights in service of your country. If you don't like it, well, it is voluntary. You don't have to join.

Old 05-28-2010, 12:32 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,643,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
I never knew going to base PX was a right....who knew?
It is a benefit for those who serve in the military or are married/dating a serviceman/woman.

Old 05-28-2010, 12:37 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,198,668 times
Quote:

The very points/concerns you bring up are the very same concerns the head military man of the Marines brought up-----housing.

Old 05-28-2010, 01:01 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,754,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Gays, lesbians, bisexuals and transgenders have no place in the military.
This sentence makes no sense at all. Are gays, lesbians, bis and transgenders not human? Are they not citizens of this country? Are they somehow unable to follow orders or handle weapons? What, exactly, is it that makes you say the above?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies