Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2010, 01:43 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,598,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Nonsense.

So... are you a Deist?
You keep dodging it and reading into things that are not there and keep telling yourself that you are right and one day you may actually believe it all to be true.

Washington did not like the 'rituals' and there is nothing wrong with that and that doesn't mean what you would like for it to mean. And it was Washington that said, " But by the all-powerful dispensations of Providence I have been protected beyond all human probability or expectation."

Also there is nothing wrong with Thomas Jefferson's letter either.

I accepted Christ as my Savior, June 9th, 1970.

Are you a rothshild?
Timeline of the Rothschild family
Quote:
1865: In a statement to Congress, President Abraham Lincoln states,
"I have two great enemies, the Southern Army in front of me, and the financial institutions in the rear. Of the two, the one in my rear is my greatest foe."
Later that year, on April 14, President Lincoln is assassinated, less than two months before the end of the American Civil War. Following a brief training period in the Rothschilds London Bank, Jacob Schiff, a Rothschild, born in their house in Frankfurt, arrives in America at the age of 18, with instructions and the finance necessary to buy into a banking house there. The purpose of this was to carry out the following tasks.
1. Gain control of America's money system through the establishment of a central bank.
2. Find desirable men, who for a price, would be willing to serve as stooges for the Illuminati and promote them into high places in the federal government, the Congress, Supreme Court, and all the federal agencies.
3. Create minority group strife throughout the nations, particularly targeting the whites and blacks.
4. Create a movement to destroy religion in the United States, with Christianity as the main target.
Nathaniel de Rothschild becomes Member of Parliament for Aylesbury in Buckinghamshire.
emphasis mine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2010, 02:07 AM

15,095 posts, read 8,639,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Why?

Because he was a man of his times, and because he was indoctrinated from birth with the beliefs in god that he expresses in this, and many other, statements.

Are you suggesting that he was right? If so, how would he have come to the infallible conclusion that god was on the side of the Americans?

Furthermore, when you are confronted with a war in which the leaders of both sides claim that god is on their side (the Civil War would probably be a good example in which both sides were predominantly Christian), how would you determine which, if either side is correct?
As is typical with you ... you see the surface, and not the depth.

George Washington was not calling upon God's blessings and favoritism of a country ... but of the spirit of freedom for which such men founded this country in opposition to the blue bloods of England.

People such as yourself have enjoyed the fruits of that wisdom and sacrifice through the freedoms that these men gave you. And you're too clueless to even recognize the fact.

Old 06-07-2010, 07:56 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,083,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
Washington did not like the 'rituals' and there is nothing wrong with that and that doesn't mean what you would like for it to mean. And it was Washington that said, " But by the all-powerful dispensations of Providence I have been protected beyond all human probability or expectation."
Why do you keep trying to soft pedal the actual evidence? There is no evidence that Washington "did not like the 'rituals.'" He certainly never said so, and there are no other examples you have presented of 'rituals' that he avoided. The simple facts, stated in a straightforward manner are this:

He would not take the sacrament of communion, or even just sit silently as others did so. He physically left the building to avoid it, and when confronted with his behavior stopped coming to church altogether on days it was performed.

Them's the facts. I'm still waiting for you to provide an explanation consistent with Christian belief. Other than trying to avoid traffic, of course.

And again... as has been pointed out to you, references to "Providence" provide exactly zero evidence that he was Christian, since that is how a Deist would be expected to refer to god.

Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell
Also there is nothing wrong with Thomas Jefferson's letter either.
Never said anything was wrong with Jefferson's letter. I said that your editing of the letter to the fragment "I am a Christian" was dishonest.

Quote:
I accepted Christ as my Savior, June 9th, 1970.
There you go. You are a Christian. It appears that Washington was not.

Quote:
Are you a rothshild?
No. Are you an anti-Semite?

Old 06-07-2010, 08:49 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
Who inserted the word "Christianity" as a descriptive to 'the system'? Whoever it was could not spell governor right.
I hope that you were making a joke here. "Gouverneur" is not a title in the name Gouverneur Morris, it's the man's first name, a first name he passed on to his son. He was a noted statesman and Founding Father.

Old 06-07-2010, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I hope that you were making a joke here. "Gouverneur" is not a title in the name Gouverneur Morris, it's the man's first name, a first name he passed on to his son. He was a noted statesman and Founding Father.
My mistake. George Washington letters for the years 1754 thru 1796 | Familytales
has a collection of letters and they have a list of people associated with George Washington. "Robert Morris" and I mistook the name.

Still no explanation for the descriptive insert.

Old 06-07-2010, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Still no explanation for the descriptive insert.
Yes. You got it several posts ago.

Old 06-07-2010, 12:24 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,799,372 times
I does not matter to me if General and President, but not King, Washington was a Christian or a Deist or not. What doe matter to me is that I am protected by our government from having anyone force me to be of any religion by using the Law.

General Washington’s speech was better than a simple “We win or we die.”

Old 06-07-2010, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Why do you keep trying to soft pedal the actual evidence? There is no evidence that Washington "did not like the 'rituals.'" He certainly never said so, and there are no other examples you have presented of 'rituals' that he avoided. The simple facts, stated in a straightforward manner are this:
Yes he did and you just refuse to accept it. He wasn't that great a husband, Martha having to attend services by herself.
Quote:
He would not take the sacrament of communion, or even just sit silently as others did so. He physically left the building to avoid it, and when confronted with his behavior stopped coming to church altogether on days it was performed.
That right there says he did not like the 'ritual' and that right there says, he left Martha alone.I know Catholics that don't go to mass. Does that mean they are not Catholic?
Quote:
Them's the facts. I'm still waiting for you to provide an explanation consistent with Christian belief. Other than trying to avoid traffic, of course.
I've provided and even you yourself did also, you just can't read. You do remind me of the people that write the conspiracy theories.
Quote:
And again... as has been pointed out to you, references to "Providence" provide exactly zero evidence that he was Christian, since that is how a Deist would be expected to refer to god.
That says you need to take a course in philosophy and humanities and broaden your information.
Quote:
Never said anything was wrong with Jefferson's letter. I said that your editing of the letter to the fragment "I am a Christian" was dishonest.
He says in every since of the word.
Quote:
There you go. You are a Christian. It appears that Washington was not.
If you say so.
Quote:
No. Are you an anti-Semite?
What is that?

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 06-07-2010 at 12:38 PM.. Reason: insert catholic question

Old 06-07-2010, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I does not matter to me if General and President, but not King, Washington was a Christian or a Deist or not. What doe matter to me is that I am protected by our government from having anyone force me to be of any religion by using the Law.

General Washington’s speech was better than a simple “We win or we die.”
To quote my daughter, "people need to get a life".

Old 06-07-2010, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Yes he did and you just refuse to accept it. He wasn't that great a husband, Martha having to attend services by herself.
And that speaks to his "Christianity" how exactly?

Quote:
That right there says he did not like the 'ritual' and that right there says, he left Martha alone.
He never even mentions "ritual." He clearly did not object en banc to ritual since he certainly engaged in a vast number of them during his Presidency with no small enthusiasm.

His objection here is solely to being present during the sacrament of the Eucharist.

Quote:
I've provided and even you yourself did also, you just can't read. You do remind me of the people that write the conspiracy theories.
Okay... I will have to just accept that you have no explanation beyond the flaccid "he didn't like ritual." I can live with that.

But the "conspiracy theories' comment is deliciously ironic coming from somebody who just cited the Rothschilds.

Quote:
That says you need to take a course in philosophy and humanities and broaden your information.
Been there. Done that. Got the diplomas.

Quote:
He says in every since of the word.
Go back and reread the quotation you dishonestly snipped that from. He denies explicitly what you say here.

Quote:
What is that?
Someone who who is prejudiced against Jews.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies