Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2010, 11:22 AM

11,431 posts, read 19,008,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilVA View Post
At nearly 90 years old, she figured she can come out of the closet now. She no longer needs to be PC due to the position she attained and held during her life. And now people will make sure not to have any connection to her. They will decline any friendship to her. When she passes she wont be remembered for all the good she protrayed, only this one bad statement. But alas she is an AMERICAN. She is a citizen. She has all the rights of one including free speech. And she will have to deal with, and accept the ramifications of her statement as a public figure.

And just in case you may feel there wont be any, just google the Mel Gibson comments he made in 2006 and see how much damage control he had to do.
Mel gibson is a slimeball who cheated on his wife and REPETITiVELY maligned jews and gays his tirades over a long course of time. He makes his living and reputation with fickle moviegoers who have long since thrown him off the pier. Helen Thomas has not made repetitive outbursts and has won many professional accolades that have earned her respect and admiration from her colleagues and industry. Big difference, in my opinion. Working and at 90 years old, I think that she has earned the right to voice her opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2010, 11:32 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,535,610 times
I heart Helen Thomas

Old 06-06-2010, 11:43 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,242,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I heart Helen Thomas
ah so ethnic cleansing is now a "progressive" platform, eh?

Old 06-06-2010, 11:59 AM

15,446 posts, read 21,364,927 times
Helen Thomas has shown that outward appearances can sometimes mirror what is found within. Poor old woman.

Old 06-06-2010, 12:06 PM

1,263 posts, read 2,332,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Plains_Retired View Post
Helen Thomas has shown that outward appearances can sometimes mirror what is found within. Poor old woman.
An ugly outward appearance is not within one's control.
Ugliness on the inside is.

It's not a lberal issue, it's not a conservative issue, it's an issue of decency.

It would be shocking if she is permitted in the whitehouse, let alone continuing to work as a "journalist".

Old 06-06-2010, 12:08 PM

146 posts, read 399,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I heart Helen Thomas
Sieg heil!

I've had liberals tell me that Israel has no right to exist.

So, a people who have been marched around as slaves, massacred, tyrannized and have suffered at the hands of maniacs who would have them exterminated all throughout history do not deserve a homeland? They do not deserve to defend themselves from evils such as hamas and hezbollah who believe in their eradication? That's exactly what this evil witch Helen Thomas said.

Old 06-06-2010, 12:33 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,364,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamontnow View Post

It's not a lberal issue, it's not a conservative issue, it's an issue of decency.

It would be shocking if she is permitted in the whitehouse, let alone continuing to work as a "journalist".
I disagree. If truth and light can shine forth from a person, deception and darkness must also be able to do the same.

I will agree that this is an issue of decency but also disagree that it does not incorporate liberal vs conservative biases. I am willing to say that a vast majority of those persons defending Thomas' inane remarks are political liberals, i.e., Democrats.

Old 06-06-2010, 12:41 PM

Quote:

Shocking I tells ya, jes shocking!

Old 06-06-2010, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rural Kentuckian View Post
Sieg heil!

I've had liberals tell me that Israel has no right to exist.

So, a people who have been marched around as slaves, massacred, tyrannized and have suffered at the hands of maniacs who would have them exterminated all throughout history do not deserve a homeland? They do not deserve to defend themselves from evils such as hamas and hezbollah who believe in their eradication? That's exactly what this evil witch Helen Thomas said.

Why do you quote me before you go on this venomous screed?

Please leave me out of it, and especially your reference to Nazi Germany, thanks.

Old 06-06-2010, 12:44 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,356,591 times
Quote:
Are you kidding ? She'll be right there on the front row next time . This will soon fade away like so many other things in Washington .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies