Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 11:13 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,429,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post

Bush has been ranked by historians 36 out of 43 presidents - truly amongst the worst.
I love "official" stats like this. Who were these historians? A bunch of your friends in your mom's basement getting high and talking about the evil Bush regime? Was it a government sanctioned study? Was it a university study?

Or is it just you making up things to prove your point?

Bush wasn't great, and I was less than thrilled with him by the end of his term, but stupid comments like the one above just show that you really have no base in reality and just can't get off your "I hate Bush" kick.

This idiot in chief is in WAY over his head and doesn't know how to respond to anything. He may have a college education, but he's amazingly ignorant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2010, 11:15 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
I think the whole damn oil spill was on purpose. Sick.

Old 06-05-2010, 11:24 AM

1,503 posts, read 1,156,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
Is that WITH or WITHOUT teleprompter?
As long as he doesn't misunderestimate the situation. You're doing a hell of a job, Brownie. LOL

Old 06-05-2010, 11:30 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I think the whole damn oil spill was on purpose. Sick.
Let me take a wild guess here. You are an avid Palin fan. Maybe Beck?

Old 06-05-2010, 11:43 AM

107 posts, read 91,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Right up front, I don't.

But I was listening to economist Larry Kudlow's radio show this morning and I was astonished at the number of people calling in claiming Obama was just following the Cloward/Piven and Saul Alinsky method for the destroying the economy.

I just think Obama is a terrible manager and has no one on his staff good enough to help him. Surround yourself with academics and you get a lot of pithy talking points, but these folks couldn't manage their way out of a paper bag, much less a crisis the magnitude of this oil spill.
I am surprised that you are unware of one of the most important factors for his deliberate inaction.

Perhaps you are not aware (may be one of the last not yet aware), that in the last 20 year, the largest benefactor of BP political largesse (as in $$$$) was none other than (insert drum-roll here) Barack Hussein "The Poser" Obama.

Now you know the rest of the story.

Old 06-05-2010, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Let me take a wild guess here. You are an avid Palin fan. Maybe Beck?
You keep on guessing. Like a stopped calender (my twist on and old proverb) you are bound to be correct once-a-year. I seem to remember something about blind pigs and acorns that seems appropo as well.

Old 06-05-2010, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinestone View Post
As long as he doesn't misunderestimate the situation. You're doing a hell of a job, Brownie. LOL
Is "misunderestimate" even a word. I have heard of "underestimate", but not misunderestimate. And is that "Brownie" comment to imply Brownie II, with BrownieI being the Bush-era FEMA director?? If so, that would be considered racists, IMHO.

Old 06-05-2010, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I think his nearly instantaneous response was intentional.
Yes, he passed wind the instant he heard of the explosion. Two second laters, he passed something else, but it wasn't a "test".

Old 06-05-2010, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
I love "official" stats like this. Who were these historians? A bunch of your friends in your mom's basement getting high and talking about the evil Bush regime? Was it a government sanctioned study? Was it a university study?

Or is it just you making up things to prove your point?

Bush wasn't great, and I was less than thrilled with him by the end of his term, but stupid comments like the one above just show that you really have no base in reality and just can't get off your "I hate Bush" kick.

This idiot in chief is in WAY over his head and doesn't know how to respond to anything. He may have a college education, but he's amazingly ignorant.
You are correct in all respects. However, I say, let them focus of Bush - all the way out of office.

Old 06-05-2010, 12:05 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwmistral View Post
Is "misunderestimate" even a word. I have heard of "underestimate", but not misunderestimate. And is that "Brownie" comment to imply Brownie II, with BrownieI being the Bush-era FEMA director?? If so, that would be considered racists, IMHO.
I think Rhinestone means Obama has a clear understanding of the situation. Misunderestimate = correct estimate or perhaps over estimate, although it isn't a word.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies