Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 12:07 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,157,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I think Rhinestone means Obama has a clear understanding of the situation. Misunderestimate = correct estimate or perhaps over estimate, although it isn't a word.
It was one of Bush's favorite terms. My mistake I should have included [sic] behind it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2010, 03:50 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Let me take a wild guess here. You are an avid Palin fan. Maybe Beck?
You're so cute with your prompt irrelevant comment!

You know, I say a lot of really conservative things on this forum, but for the record, I have never once watched or listened to Beck, Hannity, Limbaugh, or a show with Palin on it. I don't even know what the first two guys look like or sound like or even one thing they have said.

It's amazing that y'all can't imagine that people have these thoughts (conservative ones, not oil spill ones) all on their very own, brought about by their very own experience...nope, a concept impossible to believe by those who are spoonfed by the liberal media.

As for the oil spill (tragedy), I have never been a conspiracy person, either, but the timing and everything on this one is just suspicious as hell. And to think of the environment and lives being ruined makes me ill.

Old 06-05-2010, 04:07 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,760,703 times
No, he is just incompetent

Old 06-05-2010, 04:13 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,456,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Right up front, I don't.

But I was listening to economist Larry Kudlow's radio show this morning and I was astonished at the number of people calling in claiming Obama was just following the Cloward/Piven and Saul Alinsky method for the destroying the economy.

I just think Obama is a terrible manager and has no one on his staff good enough to help him. Surround yourself with academics and you get a lot of pithy talking points, but these folks couldn't manage their way out of a paper bag, much less a crisis the magnitude of this oil spill.
First of all, I would not trust the random people calling in to Larry Kudlow's show to be reliable voices regarding Obama's motivations.

Based purely on common sense reasoning, I would suggest to you that while his response was deficient in certain ways, it was not done so on purpose.

Why would a president want to very visibly fail, lose voters' confidence, lose political power to push his/her agenda, and increase the probability of his/her defeat in the next election? That makes no earthly sense.

Old 06-05-2010, 04:19 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,191,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
First of all, I would not trust the random people calling in to Larry Kudlow's show to be reliable voices regarding Obama's motivations.

Based purely on common sense reasoning, I would suggest to you that while his response was deficient in certain ways, it was not done so on purpose.

Why would a president want to very visibly fail, lose voters' confidence, lose political power to push his/her agenda, and increase the probability of his/her defeat in the next election? That makes no earthly sense.
That Obama's reaction the oil spill was done slowly on purpose is too bizarre. But those Righties are well ahead of everyone else in the field of gullibility.

Old 06-06-2010, 11:04 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,711,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
I love "official" stats like this. Who were these historians? A bunch of your friends in your mom's basement getting high and talking about the evil Bush regime? Was it a government sanctioned study? Was it a university study?

Or is it just you making up things to prove your point?

Bush wasn't great, and I was less than thrilled with him by the end of his term, but stupid comments like the one above just show that you really have no base in reality and just can't get off your "I hate Bush" kick.

This idiot in chief is in WAY over his head and doesn't know how to respond to anything. He may have a college education, but he's amazingly ignorant.
Ummm.... it was an official study done of professional historians. Look it up and educate yourself next time before responding.

All objective evidence is to the contrary of your claims about our president's ignorance. Just because he is enacting a different set of policies than you doesn't mean he's ignorant. Please educate yourself on the meaning of that word before using it as well.

Thank you.

Old 06-06-2010, 11:21 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,335,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Ummm.... it was an official study done of professional historians. Look it up and educate yourself next time before responding.
Most "professional historians" are academics, and a quick look at today's universities will show you all the losers who couldn't make it in a capitalist society, so instead they moved into academia where they could belittle what they couldn't master.

Old 06-06-2010, 11:52 AM

3,332 posts, read 1,965,034 times
Default exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
This marxist regime is always going to take advantage of a crisis, any crisis. Thinking ahead the marxists realized that some oil would have to reach the beaches and marshes before they could justify putting a moratorium on off shore drilling. Maybe that was why offers from giant freighters with vaccuums to suck up oil were told "NO THANKS".
and hopefully(for the Obama zombies)by dragging their feet and calling for "studies" and "legislation", typical fuzzy headed democrat approaches, the damage to ecosystems would be so great that it would permanently shelve the argument for increased drilling anywhere, thereby giving political payback to the eco-freaks.

This president and his political hacks should all be led from the Whitehouse in handcuffs and serve the rest of their un-natural reptilian lives in prison.

Old 06-06-2010, 11:54 AM

4,991 posts, read 4,507,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Buettner View Post
he couldn't run a lemon aid stand, worst president ever.
Very ironic.

Old 06-06-2010, 11:56 AM

4,991 posts, read 4,507,231 times
Do You Think Obama's Slow Response To the Oil Spill Was On Purpose?

Since the facts show that his response was NOT slow, I'll ignore the remainder of the garbage in the original post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies