Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2017, 02:00 PM

481 posts, read 759,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB View Post
thats the property right behind Newport Isles on Rosser.

A while back I was hoping that would become a Costco, now I'm hoping Becker Rd at I95 will be the location.
Yes. In between Sam's Club and Newport Isles. It would be wonderful if Costco came to Becker Road. Hopefully we will hear something soon on Costco giving up the Palm City location and going ahead with building in Port St. Lucie!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2017, 04:20 PM

2,956 posts, read 2,341,983 times
I wouldn't hold my breath for Costco. I especially wouldn't expect it to get approved right next to Walmart. The county sold their soul for the distribution center and this is a heavy Walmart area.

Old 03-15-2017, 06:29 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,197,930 times
I know...Walmart rules the roost on things, just hoping Costco will win this one on Becker or stick it out at I95 at Kanner Hwy even....but I know they want a more high traffic area.

Old 03-16-2017, 02:51 AM

35 posts, read 43,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k00p View Post
what's being built on the corner in Jensen beach just as you go over the bridge to Hutchinson island? right down the road from causeway park next to that little fish shack resteraunt

I remember someone on here saying it was a computer center(?) being built.

Old 03-16-2017, 10:34 AM

Keiser University's $14 million Tradition campus opens for class Monday.
The two-story, 74,000-square-foot campus at 9400 Discovery Way is 25 percent larger than the school's current campus on the east side of the city and can accommodate 1,200 students — 500 more than are currently enrolled, school officials said Wednesday.
Keiser University's new Port St. Lucie campus set to open Monday

The Treasure Coast's fourth Aldi opens March 23 with a soft opening on March 22nd.
The grand opening for the new store at 2850 S.W. Brighton St. off Gatlin Boulevard., the second in Port St. Lucie, begins with a 8:25 a.m. ribbon cutting. After the ceremony, the first 100 shoppers will receive store gift certificates, free reusable bags, samples and entry in a contest to win free produce for a year.
New Port St. Lucie Aldi to host grand opening with freebies

Old 03-17-2017, 04:21 AM

Wawa in Tradition opening on March 30th!!
Grand opening date set for St. Lucie County's Wawa

Old 03-18-2017, 06:10 AM

403 posts, read 1,079,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aridon View Post
I wouldn't hold my breath for Costco. I especially wouldn't expect it to get approved right next to Walmart. The county sold their soul for the distribution center and this is a heavy Walmart area.
The trick for Costco on the Treasure Coast is to have convenient access for the people of Port St. Lucie without being in St. Lucie County. I think that's why they chose Palm City. It provided access and just as important is their tax revenue for the city which would host them. Building a Costco faces opposition, but a strong tax base wins city government. That's just my assessment of why they may have chosen Palm City and will likely stick with it. This is a play out of the Walmart Playbook. There are signs of abandoned Walmarts in St. Lucie County, which were replaced with taxpayer incentives. If Walmart doesn't get what it wants it usually opens a store 1 block outside of the city that didn't provide incentives and while still capturing the vast majority of its existing customers takes its tax revenue somewhere else. Port St. Lucie for a long time has been an example of this with many people crossing into Martin County to shop. However, that has slowed as Port St. Lucie's shopping options continue to increase. But the real problem is this, Walmart is in bed with St. Lucie County, and that cozy relationship is threatened by Costco.

Old 03-21-2017, 09:07 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,197,930 times
FORT PIERCE — Construction is underway for seven, million-dollar townhouses on Seaway Drive.

Crews from Foglia Homes of Vero Beach started in February prepping the site for Inlet Palms, three-story luxury townhouses on the south side of the Fort Pierce Inlet.

Each house would have three bedrooms, 4½ baths, an elevator, pool, spa and a dock slip that could accommodate A 55-foot boat, said Michael Thorpe, owner and broker of Treasure Coast Sotheby’s International Realty.

Frames of new houses could go up by May with construction finished by December, said developer Joe Foglia.

The houses are listed for $975,000, Thorpe said. Two of the seven already have been sold and a third is under contact, Thorpe said.

The homes are being marketed to seniors, retirees and buyers who want a second home or a vacation home, Thorpe said.

Developer interest in Fort Pierce is expected to continue as the economy improves and land prices remain less than in South Florida.

“The city of Fort Pierce has made great investments improving streetscape along Seaway Drive and the Fort Pierce Inlet, and real estate investors are taking notice,” Foglia said. “It is the next great place for development on the east coast of Florida.”

The project is the latest for development on South Hutchinson Island.

Late last year, the Square Grouper — a casual, beach-theme restaurant — opened at 1920 Seaway Drive, just west of the Jetty Park on Seaway Drive. In July, the city leased three vacant lots to create a 100-space parking lot for the beach business district after receiving complaints from business owners and the beachgoers about a parking shortage.

Under construction at the the foot of the South Bridge is the $2.9 million Causeway Cove Marina and RV Park, an 18-acre project comprising 198 boat slips, 14 offshore mooring spaces, 10 RV hookups a boat ramp, dockmaster station, laundry facilities and a shuffleboard court.

Old 03-22-2017, 12:05 PM

1,690 posts, read 2,795,413 times
Aldi on Gatlin has opened today. I don't know why they post opening days and then open before, but they did!

Old 03-22-2017, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeetheUSA View Post
Aldi on Gatlin has opened today. I don't know why they post opening days and then open before, but they did!
It was sneak preview (whatever that means) today from 10AM - 6PM. There Grand Opening is tomorrow normal business hours 9AM - 9PM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach