Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2014, 07:34 PM

403 posts, read 1,079,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by soflek View Post
A full parking lot is not indicative of sales. While foot traffic is high, converted sales ratios are very low. Bass pro walked away from the restaurant development months ago and are "greatly concerned with the decision to open in PSL". Not my words. The Palm Bay location has been a huge success and their Uncle Buck's restaurant should open in May. Perhaps you have locations confused. Secondly, the development of a Cumberland farms gas station outside of tradition does not qualify as appreciable development.

I realize that the majority of active participants on this board have a vested interest in portraying PSL in the best light to perpetuate real estate business. I think it's important for prospective residents to hear multiple opinions and realize that the city is still in a great deal of trouble which will not be fixed through meaningless development. The majority of new residents are shifting demographics within the city at a brisk pace and will have a great influence on future corporate development in the city. In ten years I think you will be fairly disappointed in the community and its level of economic mobility to support said development.
I didn't create this thread to generate real estate business. I started this thread before I was a Real Estate Agent as Urban Development, regardless of the kind, has been a hobby of mine for many years. I don't claim to be an expert of Urban Development but as stated on the very first post of this thread I hoped to create a thread where people could share things going on in the community and discuss it's growth. My goal was for those who already live here as well as those who could potentially live here. I'm not sure that your comment was directed at me but I don't want to be blanketed by it or portrayed in a way that is not true to the purpose of what I was attempting to create. I am proud that this thread has become the most successful for our region in the City-Data Forums and I don't want anybody deterred from participating.. I also don't want it's quality to deteriorate with negativity. I appreciate different opinions and opposing views. I don't, however, want the purpose of this thread to be thrown off track. My goal was to become a source and attract information that could be shared between it's participants and grow each others knowledge of the community and it's growth. It accomplishes that when people, including you, post and contribute to the quality of the thread. My goal is not to offend, I just want to clearly state that this thread was not created with the purpose of garnishing business. This thread was created to share a hobby of mine with others who may share the same interests.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2014, 08:10 PM

162 posts, read 311,210 times
Default Growth

I live in tradition and am excited to see the progress on the CVS plaza across from the hospital. Although I'm not a huge fan of most of the stores reportedly going in (Chipolte, Starbucks, Panda Express, etc), I am extremely happy to see that something is FINALLY being built. I am confident that more businesses will follow.

Old 10-22-2014, 08:19 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,201,048 times
Thanks Ruffy..totally agree. The posts here are not for creating business, its for information of various kinds to everyone.

Old 10-23-2014, 10:54 AM

1,257 posts, read 1,866,005 times
Yes I agree. It's a thread that gives hope to people starved for development in hopes they can recover the lost value of their homes and add much needed help to the economy. Yes sometimes people have their information wires crossed but there is no need to come on as an expert and pretend that you know better than others. I enjoy the information.

Old 10-23-2014, 11:55 AM

194 posts, read 427,915 times
Quote:
" I also don't want it's quality to deteriorate with negativity. I appreciate different opinions and opposing views".

Soflek did not go negative unless laying out some facts based on his expertise in commercial real estate is being negative. What SoFlek offered was an opinion as to why Cheesecake or PDQ will not be building here anytime soon. Others have gone negative against Soflek for daring to post a discenting view because among other things he/she has so little posts under his belt? Do you ever wonder why you get Aldi not Whole Foods, fast food restaurants versus a Cheesecake Factory, a Sams Club versus a Costco. Is anyone really shocked that they are not here because the incomes do not support it which to me is the bottom line of Soflek's posts.
I think this forum is really informative but there is nothing wrong in keeping it real either from time to time.

Old 10-23-2014, 12:44 PM

35 posts, read 53,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimT7406 View Post
Quote:
" I also don't want it's quality to deteriorate with negativity. I appreciate different opinions and opposing views".

Soflek did not go negative unless laying out some facts based on his expertise in commercial real estate is being negative. What SoFlek offered was an opinion as to why Cheesecake or PDQ will not be building here anytime soon. Others have gone negative against Soflek for daring to post a discenting view because among other things he/she has so little posts under his belt? Do you ever wonder why you get Aldi not Whole Foods, fast food restaurants versus a Cheesecake Factory, a Sams Club versus a Costco. Is anyone really shocked that they are not here because the incomes do not support it which to me is the bottom line of Soflek's posts.
I think this forum is really informative but there is nothing wrong in keeping it real either from time to time.
Thank you for the support. You are correct that my intention was not to be negative. I have been a resident and supporter of this area for many, many years. My goal is to keep things in perspective and focus on what the city is and will become in terms of development. I have monitored this thread for many years and felt that I could no longer sit back and let a few define the future of this city. Do not get me wrong it is a nice place to live, but we must be responsible and not let a few "sing the song" of progress when it is not entirely accurate.

Ruffy, I respect you and the creation of the thread..It is a valuable resource for residents and newcomers alike. I just feel that some of the recent development speculation about tradition made by other new participants is sourced in financial gain and not for the benefit of sharing info about the area! Now let's keep the tread on track..Real physical development is occurring...heard the Aldi might open by the holidays..will see?

Old 10-26-2014, 07:53 AM

12 posts, read 24,977 times
There's no financial gain in my posts. I'm not paid by anyone nor do I gain anything to post information about future businesses opening in the area. Just passing along what I hear and hopefully Inform those on this thread on what I'm hearing in the community. There was also a post by joann faiella that talks about pollo tropical and home goods hopefully opening out in SLW in the near future. Check it out...

Old 10-26-2014, 10:45 AM

1,690 posts, read 2,796,340 times
Let's see how many posts we can rack up defending our information and/or other's ignorance. Nobody cares about any of these ramblings. Let's continue on with relevant info.

Old 10-27-2014, 05:22 AM

1,257 posts, read 1,866,005 times
"Meanwhile back at the ranch"

Old 10-28-2014, 06:45 PM

403 posts, read 1,079,784 times
I wasn't pointing the figure to anybody specifically about negativity. It's just unproductive in general and has no place in the thread regardless of who it's coming from. Anyhow, I ran into an article today in the TCPalm about the Aldi's in Jensen Beach. It can be seen here:

Jensen Beach site approved for Aldi grocery store - TC Palm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach