Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 01:02 PM

1,307 posts, read 5,504,583 times

Advertisements

Get all the details at the St. Lucie Elections Supervisor web site. However, I can quickly tell you that you must be registered at least 29 days before the election in which you wish to vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2007, 01:22 PM

1,307 posts, read 5,504,583 times
Get all the details at the St. Lucie Elections Supervisor web site. However, I can quickly tell you that You must be registered at least 29 days before the election in which you wish to vote.

Old 09-12-2007, 11:27 PM

30 posts, read 261,885 times
But how many were predators? They're everywhere.

Old 09-13-2007, 09:22 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,810,543 times
Default the original days........ and now

Quote:
PSLoldtimer said: HCA filled the needs of PSL in the early days,
This is an untrue statement. Martin Memorial filled the needs of PSL in the early days, when HCA did not even have a presence. I lived in PSL in the late 70's and early 80's... and when the HCA hospital opened they would not provide a natal unit because of costs... parents still had to go to Martin Memorial.... and the health care they provided at MM was and has been, outstanding.

Martin Memorial in fact has been the Hospital of choice for Treasure Coast residents for some time... and continues to be. MM has a commitment to serve ppl, not budgets as their primary focus. All hospitals are businesses, as you correctly stated. MM has an vested interest in their community, revealed by their ongoing commitment to the residents of the Treasure Coast. There is competition, as evident in the loss of 70 positions just this month at MM health systems, because of competition.

I believe that HCA provides valuble services in many venues, and I compliment them on their cardio care ... but MM is home grown, and is a vanguard of the community. To suggest there is a malicious intent on the part of MM, is wrong. MM has been here, serving effectively for over 69 yrs. They will continue to serve the community with quality health care.

On a personal not to PSLoldtimer... you seem hyper-sensitive to anything that has "Martin County" as part of the context. This is not a competition... in fact, St. Lucie and Martin County have more in common than anyone else on the E. coast of Florida. Good neighbors build bridges ... not dwelling on perceived differences. Our uniqueness makes us better partners for the future, but only if we invest in each others best interests. I believe MM has the track record to best support the needs of the community.

Old 11-28-2007, 04:00 PM

76 posts, read 222,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dthompso View Post
We live in Tradition, and LOVE IT!!!!! We our all different, and have our own opinions however, I live out here with my family and WE LOVE IT!!! If you would like to know about Tradition from someone that actually lives in here, just E-mail me, and I will give you the entire scoop.
How can I email you

Old 11-28-2007, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmithru View Post
i live in the heritage oaks area of traditions and i may be biased but it is such a nice place to live. Im orginally from nyc, moved to fort lauderdale and then traditions. Right now there are so many quaint shops (with more to come!) and u really get to know u community. Most of the people are extremely nice as the houses are new and everyone is just planting their roots here. We have a dog park, FREEEEEEE internet AND cable a park with trails across the street and NO other house facing our backyard. I am friends with ALL the neighbors except one who does NOT like dogs and has dogs living on both sides. She fequently calls the cops when im playing ball with my puppy in MY YARD and has called the cops on her other neighbor when her dog is ON a leashe outside for 10 minutes. I don't attribute it to the area, i think u can get that just about anywhere. Regardless its a BEAUTIFUL place to live. The downtown shops make u feel like ur in a quaint area where u know all ur neighbors. There is going to be a major mall in the area soon as well as a corporate park and a hospital. They consider it a "bedroom set- up" where u live in the center and go to the outskirts (a mile away) to pick up everthing u need. I have so much more to say about the area. Please email or im me at jsmithru at aol dot come if u want to know further details. I reccomend this area to EVERYONE u wont be sorry! EVERYONE is so nice sometimes i feel like its invasion of the body snatchers. I don't come to this site often so please email me and i will even give u my number (and a tour!!!) as i love the area soooo much.
thanks for listening,
jenn
I tried emailing you and it did not work perhaps I wrote it down wrong or something can you please verify I really need to speak to someone about moving to tradition thanks in advance. I know it is crazy to give out tel#'s but here goes 239-877-8380

Old 11-28-2007, 11:03 PM

79 posts, read 256,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJNEY View Post
I tried emailing you and it did not work perhaps I wrote it down wrong or something can you please verify I really need to speak to someone about moving to tradition thanks in advance. I know it is crazy to give out tel#'s but here goes 239-877-8380
Hey JJJJJJNEY, I've been living in Tradition for 8 months or so now. What would you like to know?

I'll answer some common questions, good schools nearby, enough shopping at the moment with plenty coming in the near-near future, depending on what profession you have...it may or may not be tough to find a job. Tough to say, although there are fewer jobs since there are fewer people, businesses than other cities.

Tradition is a GREAT place to build roots...start/grow a family. But hit me back if you have any questions, I'll keep checking back in case you do.

Old 11-29-2007, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OoAnd1 View Post
Hey JJJJJJNEY, I've been living in Tradition for 8 months or so now. What would you like to know?

I'll answer some common questions, good schools nearby, enough shopping at the moment with plenty coming in the near-near future, depending on what profession you have...it may or may not be tough to find a job. Tough to say, although there are fewer jobs since there are fewer people, businesses than other cities.

Tradition is a GREAT place to build roots...start/grow a family. But hit me back if you have any questions, I'll keep checking back in case you do.
Thanks sooo much for answering!
Well here are some of my concerns:
Are HOA fees in tradition really high,how much are they and do they go up every year?
What exactly does the HOA cover?
The stores inside tradition ex. Publix, Barber shop etc. are they more expensive than stores outside?

Old 11-29-2007, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Thanks sooo much for answering!
Well here are some of my concerns:
Are HOA fees in tradition really high,how much are they and do they go up every year?
What exactly does the HOA cover?
The stores inside tradition ex. Publix, Barber shop etc. are they more expensive than stores outside?
continued...
we are looking for a 4BR home any idea on the cost. Also, do the homes have a backyard. Sorry to bombard you with so many questions.

Old 11-29-2007, 07:51 AM

Quote:
continued...
we are looking for a 4BR home any idea on the cost. Also, do the homes have a backyard. Sorry to bombard you with so many questions.
oops...almost forgot what's the deal with the schools. When I called they said even if I lived there it did not gurantee my children would go to school in Tradition. I don't get it. In any case do you know what school they would attend. 1st and 4th grader. Thanks in advance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach