Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 11:16 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,205,669 times

Advertisements

Did it not ever occur to you that single parenthood probably contributed to the reason you ended up in the foster care system to begin with?

And I've got news for you. Your foster mother didn't do it alone. She had the state helping pay to take care of you.

Old 04-06-2011, 11:56 AM

1,302 posts, read 1,809,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioChic View Post
I meant my foster/adoptive mom

but thanks for the comment
So the woman who received state aide and help? That, also, is not doing it alone.

You asked who are we to preach? I am a woman who lived it and doesn't want to see another child without a family..on purpose. I am also a tax paying citizen who would prefer not supporting another child should anything happen to a Mom who thought she could do it all and then found out she couldn't.

Old 04-06-2011, 12:13 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,681,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMassachusetts View Post
So the woman who received state aide and help? That, also, is not doing it alone.

You asked who are we to preach? I am a woman who lived it and doesn't want to see another child without a family..on purpose. I am also a tax paying citizen who would prefer not supporting another child should anything happen to a Mom who thought she could do it all and then found out she couldn't.

no sweetheart she didnt recieve any help. It was offered but her being a christion woman but all money given to her to raise us in a trust. If she could have she would have not taken it at all.

I get what you mean by not wanting to support another child..in the sense of welfare and such but your saying you are against foster parents helping children like me who were put in a situation because my mother was hit by a car causing her to go into a coma and eventually died?

Old 04-06-2011, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Did it not ever occur to you that single parenthood probably contributed to the reason you ended up in the foster care system to begin with?

And I've got news for you. Your foster mother didn't do it alone. She had the state helping pay to take care of you.

and ive got news for you she didnt use the money given to her to raise us...she put it in an account as a college fund. and no single parenthood has nothing to do with it a drunk driver did thank you very much.

Old 04-06-2011, 12:24 PM

1,302 posts, read 1,809,381 times
Quote:
no sweetheart she didnt recieve any help. It was offered but her being a christion woman but all money given to her to raise us in a trust. If she could have she would have not taken it at all.

I get what you mean by not wanting to support another child..in the sense of welfare and such but your saying you are against foster parents helping children like me who were put in a situation because my mother was hit by a car causing her to go into a coma and eventually died?
I am all for foster parenting, that is what I suggested to the OP instead of trying to go through IVF and have her "own" baby. I think fostering is fabulous. I don't think willingly becoming a single mom to a new baby is a smart idea.

And I am very sorry about your mother.

Old 04-06-2011, 02:50 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,328,216 times
I'm sorry for all of you women who are unable to have children. I'm not a parent yet, but am really eager to have children someday (I want 4 kids). I couldn't imagine not ever being a dad, it would be heartbreaking and sad for me.

But I have a cousin who just recently married and found out she is unable to have children. She and her husband wanted 3 kids, very sad their marriage won't be fully complete. She had an abortion when she was 15 and regrets it now.

Old 04-06-2011, 03:49 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,214,221 times
There are a lot of women that want to have babies. Cute babies to cuddle and hold. They want to give birth.

They don't think about what happens later....hormone driven, bad tempered, snarly teenagers. It's like they think THAT will never happen. They want Babies!

Old 04-06-2011, 08:07 PM

124 posts, read 280,406 times
After our first dd , my dh and i were unable to concieve on our own. With the help of fertility meds, I concieved twins, fraternal girls. i miscarried them late in 2nd trimester. We tried again and concieved with meds. She was born in 2005. In 2009, we tried again but were unable to concieve. My dr. said we would have to go ivf, but our insurance doesn't cover it. I don't accept the fact I can't have any more children. Im mad and angry about it. I 'm angry my dh's nieces are pregnant and due this spring. I didn't go to a babyshower because of it. People have said that I should be happy with the 2 I have, I love my girls to death, they are beautiful, happy smart little girls and I am a fantastic mother. But every day Im resentful and sad that I can't have any more.

Old 04-06-2011, 08:16 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,205,669 times
Quote:
What's a christion woman?

Quote:
and ive got news for you she didnt use the money given to her to raise us...she put it in an account as a college fund.
Then she relied on the government to provide you an education.

Quote:
and no single parenthood has nothing to do with it a drunk driver did thank you very much.
Your mother dying in a car accident doesn't explain how you ended up in the foster system.

Was your mother a single mother? Where was your father? Why didn't he take care of you?

Old 04-07-2011, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
What's a christion woman?

Then she relied on the government to provide you an education.

Your mother dying in a car accident doesn't explain how you ended up in the foster system.

Was your mother a single mother? Where was your father? Why didn't he take care of you?

wow sorry for the typo didnt know i was being graded on my spelling CHRISTIAN

No actually my brother and I both got full rides so that money still hasn't been used

and my father died of cancer when I was 3 and my mom got hit by a drunk driver when I was 6 causing us to go into the system

now that you know my life story any more judgements?

Last edited by OhioChic; 04-07-2011 at 08:01 AM.. Reason: Typo dont want Hopes to get mad
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy