Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 01:16 PM

1,229 posts, read 3,869,296 times

Advertisements

One thing that has changed drastically is the population and places like Lynx Lake are now really crowded, especially on weekends.

I remember when you would have a few people at any given time at Lynx Lake. Now, on a weekend there are so many people, you can't even find parking. Cars, screaming people, a lot of teenagers, parties, people polluting the water, etc.

I actually do not like visiting the area anymore because it has lost its peaceful and QUIET serenity. If you get lucky and go on a Wednesday, you will find more solitude but gone are the days of yesteryear.

That is what happens when you go from to a Tri-City population of 35,000 to a population of 120,000 people. I am still waiting on the 2010 Census info to find out what it stands at today. I believe we will be around 150,000 - 160,000 when all is said and done.

Last edited by DellNec; 07-17-2010 at 01:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2010, 05:15 PM

63 posts, read 151,746 times
From the research I have done Prescott is a really nice safe area in Arizona the only problems you may have is jostling with a yuppie at the coffee house.....

Wish I had the money for prescott great location and temps also!

Old 07-17-2010, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnQp View Post
the only problems you may have is jostling with a yuppie at the coffee house.....
Uhhhh, hello, McFly!

Are you serious? You mean all the daily meth arrests that are happening in Prescott, the police pursuits, burglaries, armed robberies, assaults, drug problems, thefts, etc. is just a figment of our imagination?

Old 07-18-2010, 01:20 PM

24,459 posts, read 25,995,249 times
Don't see any meth busts from 7/1 thru 7/16 here.

CrimeMapping.com - National Map

Old 07-18-2010, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
Don't see any meth busts from 7/1 thru 7/16 here.
That site is useless and outdated. There have been at least 7 meth arrests in the past 10 days here in the Prescott. The Prescott Courier reports on meth busts on a daily basis.

Talk to Prescott Police and read the local paper.

Here is one drug bust that just happened on the 13th of July:
http://www.prescottaz.com/main.asp?S...ionID=1086&S=1

That just goes to show you the site you mentioned is worthless...

Last edited by DellNec; 07-18-2010 at 03:25 PM..

Old 07-18-2010, 04:38 PM

24,459 posts, read 25,995,249 times
I did make a mistake on my previous post, the dates on the site were from 7/10 thru 7/1 and none of them were for meth.

The arrest you posted was on 7/4. According to the Courier, these are the drug busts from 5/22 thru 7/13. 7 is along way off from daily arrests.

The Prescott Daily Courier

Old 07-19-2010, 07:32 AM

32 posts, read 83,505 times
Default Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick mychajlonka View Post
Randall,

Have not found really no bad area's to avoid, Really nice pic of towns to live. Going there whole month of August in my fifth wheel. Would be happy to take some pictures and e-mail then to you.

Hi Rick.........I too would love to have your pics as I am moving to Prescott in the late fall or early spring. I had the same concerns. I know you can't send to everyone but I would really appreciate it ........Either way, good luck in your moves

Old 07-19-2010, 07:43 AM

32 posts, read 83,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DellNec View Post
Uhhhh, hello, McFly!

Are you serious? You mean all the daily meth arrests that are happening in Prescott, the police pursuits, burglaries, armed robberies, assaults, drug problems, thefts, etc. is just a figment of our imagination?

I think you will find this in ANY city.. I live in Missouri and its close to the #! area nationwide for meth ect but I feel completely safe. People just freak out about the #'s........Live life and enjoy it

Old 07-20-2010, 03:11 PM

3 posts, read 8,559 times
Ive lived in Prescott, AZ the past three years and am attending college at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University. My parents purchased a home in Prescott, for me to rent out while in school and as apossible retirment home for them in the next several years.

I love Prescott. I moved upon graduating from highschool for the Bay Area near San Francisco, CA. Prescott is completely opposite of growing up in a huge metropolitan area, and it's wonderful. Hiking, camping, biking and running are all great. Im a 20 year old woman and feel safe everywhere I've been in Prescott.

Prices would be slightly more reasonable in Prescott Valley or Chino, and its an easy 15 min drive to Prescott from both of those areas.

Winter's are mild, with some snow, but it rarely sticks for much more than a few days. If you get up into the more mountaneous areas, like past downtown Prescott, up Senator Highway, snow may stick for longer.

Overall, Prescott seems to be a great area for both young and older alike. My one recommendation would be that many younger generation folks feel that Prescott is boring and has nothing to do. However, if you enjoy the outdoors, reading, or quieter life, its a wonderful place to live.

Old 07-20-2010, 10:19 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,060,609 times
have lived in Arizona for 35 years and Prescott is one of the last places I'd think of that might have a "dangerous" part of town....

Prescott, in fact, calls itself something like "Hometown USA" and the courthouse square downtown is almost as Norman Rockwell as you can get.....it's been on the occasional "best places to live" list and has a decent four-season atmosphere, though it's often cold in the winter.....

it became very popular for retirees about 20-25 years ago, and many of those moved from California....some old-timers in Arizona complain that the historic small-town vibe of Prescott has changed because of so many newcomers...."Californication", as the saying goes....real estate prices shot thru the roof in the late 90s and early 2000s as people moving to Prescott perceived relative bargains compared to what they just sold.....

housing prices have dropped a bit, as they have everywhere....traffic is still heavy on the primary roads....the population is skewed toward the older generation.....little opportunity for younger people except in service-type jobs.....

PV and CV are definitely cheaper than Prescott proper....in fact, some older areas of PV are getting a bit trashy (that may be where you find "dangerous" areas)....

Last edited by azdr0710; 07-20-2010 at 10:31 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott