Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who's Going to Win Super Bowl 49 (Feb 1, 2015)
New England Patriots 56 49.56%
Seattle Seahawks 57 50.44%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 11:54 AM

7,276 posts, read 5,288,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Seattle has the #1 defense (in case you did not already know), how can New England honestly expect to score points on them?
Because being #1 means no one can score against you and you'll always win, right? Brady and the Patriots have lost to and beaten all defenses. #1 - just a number - the game isn't played on a statistical chart.

Plus, let's say Seattle holds the Patriots to 10. The Pats could hold Seattle to 7.

Old 01-23-2015, 01:54 PM

2,286 posts, read 2,008,536 times
lol

Old 01-23-2015, 01:56 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,275,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Because being #1 means no one can score against you and you'll always win, right? Brady and the Patriots have lost to and beaten all defenses. #1 - just a number - the game isn't played on a statistical chart.

Plus, let's say Seattle holds the Patriots to 10. The Pats could hold Seattle to 7.

"could"??? the only team the Pats defense held to 7 points was the 7-9 Minnesota who ranks #27 in offense.

if the Packers forcing 5 turnovers couldn't hold the Hawks to 7 points, what makes you think the Pats "could" without forcing 5 turnovers.?

Old 01-23-2015, 02:07 PM

78,444 posts, read 60,640,522 times
I can't figure out which cheater to root for.

The USC cheater or the guy caught filming signals cheater. lol.

Oh well, I will watch the commercials and hope the game is at least entertaining.

Old 01-23-2015, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
"could"??? the only team the Pats defense held to 7 points was the 7-9 Minnesota who ranks #27 in offense.

if the Packers forcing 5 turnovers couldn't hold the Hawks to 7 points, what makes you think the Pats "could" without forcing 5 turnovers.?

Woulda shoulda coulda.

You are obviously 100% set on no way the Hawks can be beat. That's fine - sounds like a homer fan.

I'm saying the Pats have as much of a chance beating the Hawks as the Hawks have beating the Pats. I never said this was in the bag unlike you. I just like our chances against this vaunted #1 defense, no matter what happened in the Green Bay game with 5 turnovers, or what happened with us losing to Green Bay.

Old 01-23-2015, 03:30 PM

6,246 posts, read 3,415,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredatwork View Post
In the championship game, I notice the front 4 of the Seahawks were not able to touch Rogers at all. Yet, the Hawks kept the Packers from scoring 50 points. The Hawks' secondary must have done a great job of pass coverage despite the Hawks' offense had a terrible game. When you had 5 turnovers and still won the game, you must have something other than a lucky bounce.

Your only chance of beating the Patriots is to have superior pass coverage; not pass rush. I've never seen any team that can put pass rush pressure on Brady before; let alone the Seahawks' pass rushers who could not even touch Rogers last week. The Hawks will have to rely ENTIRELY on their secondary to will this game. With Earl Thomas and Sherman banged up, I don't see any chance of the Hawks beating the Patriots.....this is why I'm rooting for the underdog Hawks to win this game
The odds according to Vegas is 'you pick'em'. Even odds.

And don't forget Seattle strong punishing linebacker play and rush defense which happens to be number one in all of football.

It is true that Seattle only had one sack against Green Bay but that is not unusual for Seattle because Seattle rarely keeps a blocking back in the backfield whereas Rodgers sometimes kept two.
But with that said, the Seahawks do manage to put pressure on opposing quarterbacks forcing picks and a lot of hurried throws. Remember Rodgers only passed for 171 yards (9 yards a catch, one TD and two picks by what some will tell you arguable the best quarterback in the NFL and candidate for MVP) and only six points in the second half.

Old 01-23-2015, 03:37 PM

6,246 posts, read 3,415,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Woulda shoulda coulda.

You are obviously 100% set on no way the Hawks can be beat. That's fine - sounds like a homer fan.
I can't image any one who is a fan of either the Patriots or the Seahawks not being a 'homer'.

Quote:
I'm saying the Pats have as much of a chance beating the Hawks as the Hawks have beating the Pats. I never said this was in the bag unlike you. I just like our chances against this vaunted #1 defense, no matter what happened in the Green Bay game with 5 turnovers, or what happened with us losing to Green Bay.
When the odd makers can't pick an outright winner, then I guess it isn't in the bag. But when most of the talking heads are on the East Coast and like the NFL channel where two of their talking heads you hear the most are ex-Patriots you have to take it with a grain of salt.

Old 01-23-2015, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
I can't image any one who is a fan of either the Patriots or the Seahawks not being a 'homer'.

When the odd makers can't pick an outright winner, then I guess it isn't in the bag. But when most of the talking heads are on the East Coast and like the NFL channel where two of their talking heads you hear the most are ex-Patriots you have to take it with a grain of salt.
I do not consider myself a homer fan. I do not the the Pats go into every game and win. I love my team, but try to be objective. I think I am saying either team has a chance. and I suppose I am backed by Vegas.

I actually would prefer neutral announcers myself. I get plenty of home town sports, so I don't mind hearing the opinions of those not vested in the team in any way.

Old 01-23-2015, 04:29 PM

4,667 posts, read 3,866,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
I knew who was gonna win w/ the last Superbowl, lol
And I shocked a lot of people here when I told them who was going to win.

Although I'm not even a football fan, I'm always on the money w/ my predictions.
I already know who's gonna do it this year......
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
I'd love to tell ya'

But I never tip my hand, lol
You sound so credible. Of course, after the game you'll come on here & claim you picked the winner & the score.
If you're "always on the money," then have some guts & tell us who is going to win & what the score will be. Until then, well . . .

Old 01-23-2015, 05:43 PM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,278,940 times
Brady & co ...with a little help from their special footballs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football