Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who's Going to Win Super Bowl 49 (Feb 1, 2015)
New England Patriots 56 49.56%
Seattle Seahawks 57 50.44%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 02:38 AM

132 posts, read 140,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
I guess I'm naive. As a Patriots fan I know all about the hatred towards the team.

What is it about Seattle (team and fans) that they've done to also be so hated?
I'd love to hear why! Our team struggled a bit at the start of the season, still ended with #1 seed. Our players have fire in their belly, they're hungry! That last game was Russell's worst in the last two years but we still won. Anyone that truly HATES Seattle, oughta watch that last quarter. Our kicker threw as many TDs as Rodgers did.

Go HAWKS! Should be a good game!

Old 01-25-2015, 02:48 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Seattle has the defense and the offense and it's just hard to go against a team that is so well balanced. The way that defense only gave up 2 FG's on 4th and goal against Green Bay lets you know they will be tough to beat.

Seattle 28
New England 17

Old 01-25-2015, 03:10 AM

132 posts, read 140,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Better Than You View Post
Previous games, opponents, statistics and rankings don't mean squat ... Vegas has the line set as a pick 'em, that says a lot. As with any other sporting event, the best team doesn't always win - execution and the fewer mistakes are going to win this game.
I'm pulling for New England and my numbers on the block pool. The Seattle team and it's fans are very unlikable.
LOL What makes us unlikable? Really, I love the Hawks, the brain washing from the local media about the Hawks. Inform me why people like you hate us. Here's what I see, people across the nation, even the world realize there is something special going on here with the Seattle football program, this team, this coach in the here and now. Sure, I see the haters, but, I'm seeing a LOT more admirers from out of state these days.

It's not that often a team goes back to back years playing in the Super Bowl. What will you say next year when we pop it for a third year? Will that convince ya? LOL

I normally would agree with, "the fewer mistakes made will result in the win", but after last weeks game, oof duh, we had more mistakes and some how we still won. We won because we outplayed GB the last quarter by a large margin. I believe it'll be Russell and his teammates that'll grab the Lombardi AGAIN this year.

Go HAWKS!

Old 01-25-2015, 05:22 AM

677 posts, read 673,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkFromSea View Post
LOL What makes us unlikable? Really, I love the Hawks, the brain washing from the local media about the Hawks. Inform me why people like you hate us. Here's what I see, people across the nation, even the world realize there is something special going on here with the Seattle football program, this team, this coach in the here and now. Sure, I see the haters, but, I'm seeing a LOT more admirers from out of state these days.

It's not that often a team goes back to back years playing in the Super Bowl. What will you say next year when we pop it for a third year? Will that convince ya? LOL

I normally would agree with, "the fewer mistakes made will result in the win", but after last weeks game, oof duh, we had more mistakes and some how we still won. We won because we outplayed GB the last quarter by a large margin. I believe it'll be Russell and his teammates that'll grab the Lombardi AGAIN this year.

Go HAWKS!
Big-mouthed Richard Sherman, dirtbag Marshawn Lynch and the naive fans who actually think they can somehow determine the outcome of games is what makes them unlikable.

You're already counting on three in a row? LOL! Good luck with that ... even if the Seahawks do win this year, it'll be a long time before they win again. LOL!

Old 01-25-2015, 07:08 AM

1,069 posts, read 712,926 times
Quote:
Big-mouthed Richard Sherman, dirtbag Marshawn Lynch and the naive fans who actually think they can somehow determine the outcome of games is what makes them unlikable.

You're already counting on three in a row? LOL! Good luck with that ... even if the Seahawks do win this year, it'll be a long time before they win again. LOL!
Not a Hawks fan, but I do like Sherman....If you ever hear him interviewed when he isn't all hyped up, you can hear how intelligent he is. I think a lot of what he does is an act. Like him or not, got to give the guy credit, easily top 5 cb in the league ( I personally like Revis' game better, but you could argue Sherman the best)

Old 01-25-2015, 10:10 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,265,296 times
Quote:

I think they will win it all this year. Personally I would love to see them champs every year but I kind of agree with you. Next year we might be without Lynch, and Russell Wilson will finally get his paycheck. The team will, like other teams that have had Superbowl success, lose some key players due to free agency. Still, I don't agree with it being a long time. I think its all about our coach and our gm. Before you know it we will be back in the hunt again. This is after all our 3rd superbowl since 2005. Other than New England, who has done that (ok how about the last 10 years).

Old 01-25-2015, 10:41 AM

2,286 posts, read 2,007,895 times
Pittsburgh?

Old 01-25-2015, 10:49 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,286,513 times
Quote:

I'm a Pats fan, but I really do like Richard Sherman. He's a brash big-mouth trash talker which has been done in sports for the ages. The thing is, he backs up his trash talk on the field, so for that I give much respect to him. And when you listen to him interviewed, he is really a decent guy (from what I can tell).

I really believe that the motivation factor backed by a really good team in the Patriots will lead them to victory.

Old 01-25-2015, 10:53 AM

2,286 posts, read 2,007,895 times
I really disliked Sherman after the Niners game last year (had no idea who he was before the game), as most non-Seahawk fans did I'm sure. But I started to like him when they showed him on the set on TNF after beating the Niners on Thanksgiving this year. A great player who is usually right about what he says, or at least backs up what he says.

Old 01-25-2015, 01:45 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,273,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
I really disliked Sherman after the Niners game last year (had no idea who he was before the game), as most non-Seahawk fans did I'm sure. But I started to like him when they showed him on the set on TNF after beating the Niners on Thanksgiving this year. A great player who is usually right about what he says, or at least backs up what he says.

if you watch the video in the Niners game last year, it was Crabtree who was an A HOLE.....Sherman went to him after the play which decided the game and gave his hand and told Cabtree "GOOD GAME" and Crabtree slapped his facemask acting like a little biatch.

shows you how the media manipulates things to turn public opinion....they do this in sports , politics and news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.