Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who's Going to Win Super Bowl 49 (Feb 1, 2015)
New England Patriots 56 49.56%
Seattle Seahawks 57 50.44%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 06:41 PM

93 posts, read 154,107 times

Advertisements

In the championship game, I notice the front 4 of the Seahawks were not able to touch Rogers at all. Yet, the Hawks kept the Packers from scoring 50 points. The Hawks' secondary must have done a great job of pass coverage despite the Hawks' offense had a terrible game. When you had 5 turnovers and still won the game, you must have something other than a lucky bounce.

Your only chance of beating the Patriots is to have superior pass coverage; not pass rush. I've never seen any team that can put pass rush pressure on Brady before; let alone the Seahawks' pass rushers who could not even touch Rogers last week. The Hawks will have to rely ENTIRELY on their secondary to will this game. With Earl Thomas and Sherman banged up, I don't see any chance of the Hawks beating the Patriots.....this is why I'm rooting for the underdog Hawks to win this game

Old 01-21-2015, 06:49 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,617,020 times
I need to know if they are playing with regulation sized balls or not before I can answer this question.

Old 01-21-2015, 08:35 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,460,038 times
Seahawks are going to take it again.

Old 01-21-2015, 09:07 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,486,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredatwork View Post
In the championship game, I notice the front 4 of the Seahawks were not able to touch Rogers at all. Yet, the Hawks kept the Packers from scoring 50 points. The Hawks' secondary must have done a great job of pass coverage despite the Hawks' offense had a terrible game. When you had 5 turnovers and still won the game, you must have something other than a lucky bounce.

Your only chance of beating the Patriots is to have superior pass coverage; not pass rush. I've never seen any team that can put pass rush pressure on Brady before; let alone the Seahawks' pass rushers who could not even touch Rogers last week. The Hawks will have to rely ENTIRELY on their secondary to will this game. With Earl Thomas and Sherman banged up, I don't see any chance of the Hawks beating the Patriots.....this is why I'm rooting for the underdog Hawks to win this game
What was your predictions last SB?

Old 01-21-2015, 09:20 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,178,983 times
I knew who was gonna win w/ the last Superbowl, lol
And I shocked a lot of people here when I told them who was going to win.

Although I'm not even a football fan, I'm always on the money w/ my predictions.
I already know who's gonna do it this year......

Old 01-21-2015, 09:34 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,271,700 times
Quote:

you base this on just 1 game? sometimes a team with a good pass rush will have an off game....it happens.......Wilson had an off game......great teams normally don't have off games back to back.

Patriots are a perfect example....they look very beatable and their defense vulnerable against the Ravens and look better the next week against the Colts.

Hawks will let the Patriots move the ball with short passes....but the Hawks will stop the run and defend against big plays and force the Patriots to kick field goals once they get to the red zone and force Brady to take chances.

Go ask Rodgers how many field goals they had to kick and Packers have a better offense than the Pats.

Old 01-21-2015, 09:39 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,486,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
I knew who was gonna win w/ the last Superbowl, lol
And I shocked a lot of people here when I told them who was going to win.

Although I'm not even a football fan, I'm always on the money w/ my predictions.
I already know who's gonna do it this year......
Who who who....please say Seahawks!

Old 01-21-2015, 10:12 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,617,020 times
Quote:

When the Bills beat the Packers this year in Buffalo the Bills only got one sack on Rodgers and they have arguably the best defensive line in the NFL. Now, that one sack was a big one, a strip sack by Mario Williams that went for a safety to effectively end the game.

But it happens, even to the best.

Jets have been a pretty good team at getting to Brady. They sacked Brady 7 times in their two games this year. The Jets, with all their problems, loss two games to the Patriots of all teams by a combined 3 points! If I were Pete Carroll and the Seahawks I would be watching that game film.

Old 01-21-2015, 11:23 PM

93 posts, read 154,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
What was your predictions last SB?
I predicted Denver would run over Seattle with ease. My prediction was based on the championship game; Denver's pass rushers were able to put pressure on Brady that I had not seen from any teams for a very long time.

Old 01-22-2015, 03:09 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
Default Hawks will take this one

I thought the Packers were the team to beat this year, until Seattle began to make their run. The Packers beat the Patriots. The Packers were beating the Seahawks for most of that game until they imploded. The better team won, pure and simple.

Hawks! I was right last year too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.