Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2022, 05:17 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,656,973 times

Advertisements

I just don't think this is sustainable. Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying this, but the talent deficit is bound to catch up with at some point, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2022, 06:10 PM

3,266 posts, read 5,633,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
I just don't think this is sustainable. Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying this, but the talent deficit is bound to catch up with at some point, right?
Pretty good coaching is making a difference ! Although the Gmen have a pretty decent schedule they have caught 2 potentially good teams while they were in turmoil in GB and Balt. Might add that Tenn isn't all that too. Before the season most would have called these games a loss.

But still, these are NFL wins. All NFL wins are quality wins. NYG are gonna make the playoffs !

Old 10-23-2022, 06:59 PM

5,202 posts, read 6,142,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
Pretty good coaching is making a difference ! Although the Gmen have a pretty decent schedule they have caught 2 potentially good teams while they were in turmoil in GB and Balt. Might add that Tenn isn't all that too. Before the season most would have called these games a loss.

But still, these are NFL wins. All NFL wins are quality wins. NYG are gonna make the playoffs !
Congratulations on the win today especially sweet with so many players out on injuries.

The stadium’s looked like it was full of ALL Giants fans!

Old 10-23-2022, 07:31 PM

3,266 posts, read 5,633,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBtwinz View Post
Congratulations on the win today especially sweet with so many players out on injuries.

The stadium’s looked like it was full of ALL Giants fans!
I'm no Giant fan but if you're congrating my Cowboys I'll accept for them !

Old 10-24-2022, 06:50 AM

2,209 posts, read 2,154,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
NYG are gonna make the playoffs !
I keep waiting for the proverbial other shoe to drop, but its not. While I do not think its a 16-1 season, I think you are right that this team can make the playoffs and once in, who knows. They can give teams trouble, and with the running game and defense, can keep scores low. so they can be in every game. Its sure nice to talk about these things after almost a decade of mostly poor play.

Old 10-24-2022, 12:35 PM

3,969 posts, read 2,352,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
This Giants team really reminds me of the Super Bowl winning teams in the mid -2000’s. Not that I’m saying they will win the Super Bowl, but the formula of a good running game, tough defense, low scoring games, timely QB play, etc remind me of those SB teams.
I was thinking the same thing. I wasn't a big fan of Eli but he produced when it counted. Resulting in 2 Super Bowls. All the Gmen need is to go on a run in the playoffs like Eli did.

Old 10-27-2022, 08:29 AM

https://nypost.com/2022/10/26/daniel...-weekly-honor/

"For all of the criticism Daniel Jones has faced, the Giants’ quarterback now has been named the NFC Offensive Player of the Week for the third time in his four-year career. Those designations have come under three different offensive systems and three different head coaches, a signal of Jones’ talent and adaptability. He also has continued improvement in limiting turnovers through the Giants’ surprising 6-1 start."

That is the key. Limiting turnovers. Trying to force it. I have dog piled on Jones myself but he has impressed me with this run. These next couple of games are games the Gmen should win. That's why the game is played, though.

Old 10-28-2022, 06:27 AM

5,163 posts, read 3,656,973 times
Yes, Jones has looked a lot better during this run. He has strung together a series of good games, not isolated ones. He appears more comfortable in the pocket now, and the turnovers are down.

Old 10-31-2022, 06:10 AM

https://nypost.com/2022/10/29/kadari...n-in-lockstep/

"Daboll declined to comment Thursday beyond wishing Toney well with the Chiefs, including a non-response to the receiver’s post-trade claim on Twitter (since deleted) that he is healthy despite missing five straight games for the Giants with hamstring injuries. The Post reported that, before the trade, Toney had expressed a desire to play Sunday, but the Giants favored holding him out until after the upcoming bye week."

This is addition by subtraction, I surmise.

https://nypost.com/2022/10/27/giants...s-toney-trade/

"Schoen, acquiring third- and sixth-round draft picks from the Chiefs for Toney, got something for a player who’d given the Giants nothing but headaches since the moment he was drafted with his never-ending chain of injuries and concerns from within the building that he was more concerned with dropping new rap songs as Yung Joka than catching passes.
Toney, drafted 20th overall in 2021, missed as many games (12) as he played (12) for the Giants in his 24-game career. He simply couldn’t stay on the field. His name appeared on the Giants’ injury report in 19 of the 24 weeks in his regular-season tenure — and that doesn’t include the time missed in offseason programs and training camp.
"

Old 10-31-2022, 06:13 AM

Hey, it was a good run. They were due to come down to earth.

"And yet somehow here we are through eight games after Sunday’s 27-13 loss to the Seahawks before a raucous 68,921 at Lumen Field: The Giants head to their bye week at 6-2, one of the most unlikely stories in the NFL regardless of this loss. "

https://nypost.com/2022/10/30/no-tim...or-correction/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football