Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2018, 08:09 AM

45,672 posts, read 27,299,876 times

Advertisements

Here's one...

If the Eagles win, the NFC East will be the first division to have all of its teams win a Super Bowl.

NFC East - Eagles

NFC North - Lions, Vikings

NFC South - Falcons, Panthers

NFC West - Cardinals

AFC East - Bills

AFC North - Bengals, Browns

AFC South - everyone except the Colts

AFC West - Chargers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2018, 08:29 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,027,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Here's one...

If the Eagles win, the NFC East will be the first division to have all of its teams win a Super Bowl.

NFC East - Eagles

NFC North - Lions, Vikings

NFC South - Falcons, Panthers

NFC West - Cardinals

AFC East - Bills

AFC North - Bengals, Browns

AFC South - everyone except the Colts

AFC West - Chargers
You beat me to this one. I was waiting for it to actually happen before wowing you all with this random football trivia!

Old 01-24-2018, 08:39 AM

14,333 posts, read 14,648,282 times
Wow, interesting list, considering the number of Super Bowls.

Old 01-24-2018, 12:50 PM

939 posts, read 507,707 times
Well now that there is this thread, I will repost what I stated several days ago- probably got lost in the shuffle in the Super Bowl thread, which is a train-wreck of a thread I might add....

"The Patriots attempt to tie Pittsburgh for record number of Super Bowl victories. If they lose, they will tie Denver for the most Super Bowl losses.
Philadelphia tries to not only to win its first, it will attempt to make the NFC East the first division to have all its participants be Super Bowl winners at some point in time.
If the Eagles lose, they will join Minnesota and Buffalo as the only franchises to lose at least three Super Bowls without hoisting the trophy ever."

Old 01-24-2018, 12:59 PM

939 posts, read 507,707 times
I'll add as well, that this will be the sixth rematch of two franchises in SB history. Pittsburgh has beaten Dallas two out of three times. Like all the others, this coming match-up will have occurred twice. The only match-up where the teams have split, is Dolphins-Redskins. The only one not to involve East Division teams is the 49ers vs Bengals. Denver has appeared in the most Super Bowls (8) without facing a franchise more than once.

Old 01-24-2018, 01:00 PM

Tom Brady has played in 7 Super Bowls.

The entire Eagles' roster has played in 7 Super Bowls

Old 01-24-2018, 02:04 PM

This cannot be explained.

12 out of the last 13 SBs were won by teams wearing the white jersey. That's amazing.

Post #33 - Pack in green beat the Steelers.

Old 01-24-2018, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyCrockett View Post
Well now that there is this thread, I will repost what I stated several days ago- probably got lost in the shuffle in the Super Bowl thread, which is a train-wreck of a thread I might add....

"The Patriots attempt to tie Pittsburgh for record number of Super Bowl victories. If they lose, they will tie Denver for the most Super Bowl losses.
Philadelphia tries to not only to win its first, it will attempt to make the NFC East the first division to have all its participants be Super Bowl winners at some point in time.
If the Eagles lose, they will join Minnesota and Buffalo as the only franchises to lose at least three Super Bowls without hoisting the trophy ever."
I would be indifferent to the winner and loser of this game if it weren’t for this little fact. I’d love for someone to join the Broncos with the dubious honor of a 5th Super Bowl loss. I was sort of hoping for a Vikings-Patriots Super Bowl because it would have assured SOMEONE would be getting their 5th Super Bowl loss. Of course, even if the Pats lose the fact they’ve been to 10, 2 more than any other team, is impressive.

Old 01-24-2018, 08:38 PM

7,276 posts, read 5,298,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
I would be indifferent to the winner and loser of this game if it weren’t for this little fact. I’d love for someone to join the Broncos with the dubious honor of a 5th Super Bowl loss. I was sort of hoping for a Vikings-Patriots Super Bowl because it would have assured SOMEONE would be getting their 5th Super Bowl loss. Of course, even if the Pats lose the fact they’ve been to 10, 2 more than any other team, is impressive.
I honestly don't think IF the Pats lose, having 5 losses in Super Bowls is a negative. All of the victories happened in one team era, one. Thus far the 4 losses have spanned 3 team eras. And if the Pats win and get their 6th in the same team era.

Old 01-25-2018, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
I honestly don't think IF the Pats lose, having 5 losses in Super Bowls is a negative. All of the victories happened in one team era, one. Thus far the 4 losses have spanned 3 team eras. And if the Pats win and get their 6th in the same team era.
I agree with you. When the Broncos lost there fifth a lot of Seahawks fans (here, on other sports forums and even in person when there seemed to be a sudden influx of Seahawks fans moving into the Washington metro area) ran their mouths about the Broncos having lost more Super Bowls than any other team. They were joined by other fans, mostly Chiefs fans from what I remember, celebrating the loss of a team they disliked. My response was simple: while losing a fifth SB comes with some serious frustration it also comes with some serious achievement. How do you lose five Super Bowls? Step 1: reach five Super Bowls. The three wins certainly help make up for those losses, especially when two of the wins came against teams where the Broncos were given absolutely no chance to win (Packers and Panthers).

So five losses isn't the end of the world. In the Broncos case they're scattered across the 70s, 80s, 90s and 10s, and indicator the team has been relevant in every decade of its existence other than its first. For the Pats the wins all coming in one era is impressive, and that goes for whether they win or lose this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football