Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2023, 01:50 PM

17,567 posts, read 15,232,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
It's halftime for the early games and here in the Phoenix area we get to see two games.

1. Arizona at Washington. Played in a light rain, late in 2nd Qtr the Washington QB fumbled the ball while being chased and an Arizona player grabbed the ball and dove over the line for a TD. I'm sure that play will be in all the highlight reels, it was a textbook strip, fumble, recovery, TD. At the Half it's AZ-13 and Washington 10. First game for Washington under new ownership, fans were pumped but I saw a lot of empty seats in the upper seating areas; was it the rain? It used to be every game was sold out and season tickets had a 15-20 year wait. This link should have a video of the TD: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ll-go-ahead-td

If this was still Snyder era, the lower bowl would be half empty because Arizona fans wouldn't travel to fill the stadium. So.. if they push the opposing fans into the upper deck.. That's a start.

Sloppy game from what I've seen on that. And.. There's a few that may still surprise, but.. It pretty much looks like the Browns will take down the Bengals. Even though the Browns don't look good, either. Burrow just.. Form what I can tell, I don't have that game.. Looks like a bigger pile of poo than Watson.

Colts, Bucs and Titans are making their games competitive..

All in all.. Looks like your standard week 1 fare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2023, 02:14 PM

26,208 posts, read 49,017,880 times
In the 3rd Qtr at Washington the sun came out; it lit up the field and the fans, who enjoyed a 20-16 win.

There were 17 penalties; 9 by Arizona for 122 yards and 8 by Washington for 69 yards.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 09-10-2023, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
In the 3rd Qtr at Washington the sun came out; it lit up the field and the fans, who enjoyed a 20-16 win.

There were 17 penalties in this game; Arizona 9 for 122 yards and Washington 8 for 69 yards.

Oh, I didn't mean the conditions when I said it was a sloppy game.

All said.. A few games finishing up, but it looks like i'll be 6-3 through the early games today.. I'm pleased with that. Yep.. Titans/Saints just went final.. So 6-3.

Is it me, or is this rare? Every early game has ended before the late games start.

Old 09-10-2023, 02:25 PM

14,321 posts, read 14,613,373 times
My picks aren't great. Normally I wouldn't pick Vikes but with reports about TB, surely they won't lose, they did.

Hope everyone else is doing better than me, now I hope Packers can pull off a win. It will be tough, 1 of 2 WR with some experience, out plus other had hamstring issues, too. They don't have a vet WR, limited experience at TE, too.

I've said, I thought they'd win but depends on much Bears have improved. Go Pack Go!

Old 09-10-2023, 04:47 PM

25,840 posts, read 16,517,815 times
The Bucs look better without Brady.

The Packers fans will be excited by Love’s game even though the Bears might be the worst team in the league

Old 09-10-2023, 05:06 PM

Only surprise right now in the late games for me is the Rams. I.. Thought they'd just suck. And they might still.. But.. We might also be seeing what I expected from Geno last year.

None of the other games are over, other than the Packers/Bears.. No coming back there.

I'm hanging on with my upset pick of the Raiders.

Dolphins/Chargers appears to be the game to watch.

Old 09-10-2023, 05:54 PM

4,665 posts, read 3,859,819 times
10-4 so far going off of helmets

Cowboys@ Giants: Giants at least changed their logo in the 70s. They're now back to their original ny logo though. Cowboys have the same star they had in the 60s. I like change so Giants it is.

Bills@ Jets: Bills helmet looks great. I like Gotham Green, but the old Jets helmet with the Jet on it looked better.

Old 09-10-2023, 05:58 PM

26,208 posts, read 49,017,880 times
I saw the finish of the Dolphins - Chargers game which was excellent. We didn't have the game on my local channels but it must've been a barn burner.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 09-10-2023, 06:51 PM

14,321 posts, read 14,613,373 times
I had the Chargers, close game, Dolphins won. There were other close ones, I think. Ended up 7-7 with Giants, Bills for the next two. Not a great start.

I'm happy with Pack win, realize it is the Bears and their defense. Good start for Jordan before he gets thrown into the fire with serious defenses.

Old 09-10-2023, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I had the Chargers, close game, Dolphins won. There were other close ones, I think. Ended up 7-7 with Giants, Bills for the next two. Not a great start.

I'm happy with Pack win, realize it is the Bears and their defense. Good start for Jordan before he gets thrown into the fire with serious defenses.

Your Packers didn't look great.. But.. Better than the Bears. I stick with my .500 guess for them. I'd say they'll be one of the teams to watch out for next year. Love just needs experience. If the pattern holds, they'll win the Super Bowl for the 2025 season. Then be really good for the rest of Love's career with him going completely dumb in the playoffs after that.. Just like Favre and Rodgers.

FWIW.. My saying that Daniel Jones would regress is looking better and better. That game might be competitive if they stuck a trained monkey in at QB.

Last edited by Labonte18; 09-10-2023 at 07:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football