Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2023, 11:34 AM

17,668 posts, read 15,380,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
What happened there, totally outplayed, I didn't expect it. Not a Dak fan, but I guess he has played well against Giants.

I didn't see that he played all that well.. Not that he had to.

13/24 for 143.. 9 times out of 10.. That's not good enough to win, much less win by 40.

Pollard and the defense.. Or.. I'd say more accurately, the ineptitude of the Giants offense was the difference here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2023, 11:57 AM

7,606 posts, read 6,112,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post

13/24 for 143.. 9 times out of 10.. That's not good enough to win, much less win by 40.

Pollard and the defense.. Or.. I'd say more accurately, the ineptitude of the Giants offense was the difference here.
Maybe the Giants need to get Pat Sajak or Chuck Woolery to run the offense? They could have a wheel of Fortune offense to go along with Wink Martindale's TIC TAC DO'H defense, which looks like it was a Tic Tac NO Defense last night Although I did not get to see the game either. !

The only game I saw even part of yesterday was MY FINZ beating the Skid Row Chargers in front of a sell out crowd of 1300+ at the new William and Catherine Booth memorial stadium near Skid Row, which is where Kellen Moore may be living in a tent if he cannot beat a mess of a defense like My Finz had yesterday.

Old 09-11-2023, 12:35 PM

3,268 posts, read 5,648,181 times
Quote:
What happened there, totally outplayed, I didn't expect it. Not a Dak fan, but I guess he has played well against Giants.
Cowboys defense got after it with lots of depth and speed and a bunch of turnovers. Dak made no mistakes after having the INT thing thrown at him unmercifully since the Divisional loss to SF. In fact Dak played with a lot of pressure on him mentally . . . and what was it with the NBC sports babe (Melissa Stark) interviewing him seconds before kickoff??? Seemed odd and a bit disconcerting? No interviews for Danny Dimes, Saquon Barkley, or any other prominent NYG ! And the questions on stupid stuff like "How"s it going to be with McCarthy calling plays", "How's it going to be not handing off to Ezekiel Elliott for the 1st time", And "can you keep your 10 game win streak against the GiAints alive".

The man's about to play an important Divisional game and the 1st game of the season and on national TV. Sheeesh ! Dak did well but you could tell in his face the line of questioning had him PO'd. His scowl was pronounced, don't know I've ever seen him display that demeanor.

I'm glad my team performed adequately for the W. This D is gonna be real if no key injuries!

I'm 10 -5 pending my pick for the Jets. There were some surprise games for me starting on Thursday night.

Last edited by BobTex; 09-11-2023 at 12:45 PM..

Old 09-11-2023, 04:40 PM

45,719 posts, read 27,340,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post

This is the formula for them to win - don't depend on Dak.

Old 09-11-2023, 06:45 PM

14,334 posts, read 14,657,248 times
AR didn't last long, took him in to check his ankle, had to use the cart. Didn't even get a complete series, not good.

Old 09-11-2023, 07:40 PM

25,867 posts, read 16,582,661 times
Quote:
AR didn't last long, took him in to check his ankle, had to use the cart. Didn't even get a complete series, not good.
I feel so bad for the Jets fans. Maybe the Vikings could get a bag of footballs in a trade by sending Cousins to the Jets if AR is out for the season

Old 09-11-2023, 08:12 PM

18,254 posts, read 25,921,494 times
The worst case scenario would be the Achilles. and I DON'T want to see that!

Old 09-11-2023, 09:23 PM

4,677 posts, read 3,879,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
10-4 so far going off of helmets

Bills@ Jets: Bills helmet looks great. I like Gotham Green, but the old Jets helmet with the Jet on it looked better.

Finished 10-6. Hey I didn't know Jets were going to break out the old helmets tonight! I would have picked them.

Wow what a game tonight!
Wilson's ridiculous catch. The doink field goal to send it to OT. The punt return to win it. Lets just have Jets vs Bills every Monday night.

Old 09-11-2023, 09:25 PM

5,167 posts, read 3,670,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
7-8 so far. Hoping the Bills can at least get me to .500. My Giants looked pathetic.
Same old story...O line is substandard...

Old 09-11-2023, 09:28 PM

5,167 posts, read 3,670,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
This is the formula for them to win - don't depend on Dak.
That D does seem for real; but usually, at some point, you need the O to pull out a win or two for you...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football