Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2024, 05:23 PM

200 posts, read 61,960 times

Advertisements

Week 18

Texans @ Colts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2024, 05:26 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
Well, College football is over and now we are down to the last week of the NFL (Congrats to the Washington Huskies, the cat's National Champion)

AND only 5 months to start back up with pro football in Canada
SO
Next weekend, I have to work Saturday, But on Sunday I MIGHT get to watch a game. I was going to watch one last weekend, but it was not on TV here. However, I DID go ahead and reserve two seats at the sports bar for the Super Bowl Which may be the NEXT NFL GAME that I watch

SO on to the picks
Steelers @ Nevermore, Baltimore RAVENS SO the Nevermore Ravens managed to stay healthy and get the first top seed. Almost looks like they want to put coach Hairball into the SUper Bowl to make a human interest story. His brother goes on to lose the College National Championship to Washington But when they coached each other in the Super Bowl a long time ago, viewership on the Hallmark ”A Brother's Super Bowl Christmas In January” reached an all time high I am thinking they are trying to rig something like that here in order to sell more T-Shirts and inspire Hallmark Christmas plots

Texans @ COLTS Another boring offering from the AFC South, this game sponsored by Walmart...we don't care and it SHOWS .

BROWNIES @ Bengals Well, both tams have had a good run, but it would not be good to have two Ohio teams in the playoffs, after all, there would be little interest outside of Ohio and last I checked, people are still leaving that state in Droves. (Many are coming here) GOod to see Old Joe Flacco get one hast Hurrah

Vikings @ DETROIT ROCK CITY LIONS Well, the Lions lost to the refs last week, but how could they let them win, what with Jimmy Johnson, the entire cast of Fox football, all the former Cowboys, the contestants of the Masked Singer and the Superstars of the WWE....What did you expect? Nice to see some CATS in the playoffs though

JAGUARS @ Remember the Titans I think that if you could rig a 4 way tie , the Vince Goodell would and then schedule a 4 way game next week to decide the winner......BUT only on Pay Per View, of course

La Guardia Grounded Jets @ NEW EVIL PATRIOTS In what will likely be Belicheat's last game in a Patriots Uniform, The old man goes out with a win while the Grounded Jets, one of 30 disappointments this season limps back to LaGuardia to be renovated for next season by drafting not 3 but 4 Franchise Quarterbacks in the draft.

Falcons @ SAINTS The Saints look forward to next season when the Super Bowl returns to Naw'Lins for 2025 and the players get jobs as ticket takers.

SUCCANEERS @ Pink Panthers I really cannot explain how painful it is to have to suffer through this garbage team somehow getting a home playoff game by default, and having to hear about it endlessly. Like some of my posts that have fallen short this season, but it never stops until they lose to a 5th place tam, fire the coach, and disappear from the media until next July.

Bears @ PACKERS While I do not see the Lombardo Trophy returning to Green Bay this year, the Packers have to be pleased that Love will be the one to sweep away memories of old man Rogers . I suggest that in the offseason, fans should look up ”Guy Lombardo's Greatest Hits ” on Youtube and enjoy the music.

BRONCOS @ Raiders The Biggest Rivalry in the NFL takes place in Vegas, Baby, (where we are going in March, in case I forgot to tell you) The Broncos are a Little better right now, and Sean Peyton will restore a winning atmosphere at Mile High Stadium. SpPeaking of Atmosphere, has anyone noticed all the smoke inside the Raider's stadium? I realize that Vegas is embracing the weed culture, but seriously? It is hard to see through the haze to the field. Then again, by 2nd quarter, no one cares.

EAGLES @ Giants WOW the Eagles have fallen.

OUR WEEK 18 VERSION of WHEN BIRDS ATTACK takes us full circle to see Pete Carroll and his
SEAHAWKS @ the Pesky Red Birds, driven to success by little Kyler Murray, Pete Carroll wants the team back in the Playoffs, ahead of a few other hanger-ons. Sadly, the best thing would be for them to win, best for both teams in the greater scheme of things. The Seahawks can cement Pete Carroll one step closer to the Pro Football Hall of Fame by letting him have yet another playoff berth, and as a result, the gum producers of America will help the nation skirt a recession by making another big sale to the Seahawks. Meanwhile, the Pesky Red Birds need a good draft pick, and a loss here will help with that.

Rams at 49ERS I half expected the 49ers to take this game off, but they want to keep that number one seed. BUT the NFL needs to let another southern Cal west coast team into the playoffs to make the sales and TV ratings. That has to be the rams, because
CHIEFS @ Skid Row Chargers Sadly, the Homeless Chargers cannot get into the playoffs because they are too poor and have no money to pad Goodell's pocket SO, they can go back to picking up trash in the off-season, living in tents, and fire the rest of the coaching staff.

COWBOYS @ Redskins The Cowboys on the other hand bought their way into the playoffs because the owner offered to help pay for the rebuilding of Goodell's Maui vacation home See, in this league it is ALL About Money. The Cowboys have it, the Homeless Charger's don't and neither do the Lions because Detroit has been broke city for too long

Bill's Buffaloes @ MY FINZ By some miracle, My FINZ pull out a win and move up in the seeding, and an even bigger Miracle would be for it to not be blacked out on local TV here for some reason. If I could see it, well, that would be great, as long as they win
No, it isn't.

It's Saturday 1/6 now, days after you posted this, and the National Championship game is here in Houston on Monday 1/8.

I started seeing a bunch of Washington plates here (with bumper stickers, team stuff on windows, etc.) a day or so after the Sugar Bowl (fans with confidence their team would make it to the championship game ?)

Old 01-06-2024, 05:55 PM

9,763 posts, read 7,475,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
I will take Pittsburgh this afternoon. I don’t know why Harbaugh is essentially punting on this game. Yes would it suck if Lamar got hurt?? Absolutely it would, but that would be playing scared as the odds of him suffering a season-ending injury in these 60 minutes are remarkably low. On the other hand you have a chance to knock your biggest rival out of the playoffs, and by resting your starters you are basically having 2 straight bye’s. No wonder the 1 seed hasn’t done very well in recent years! I don’t think anyone would do good if you haven’t played a competitive game in about 20/21 days. Now the 2-4 seeds sitting your starters absolutely because you have week 18 act as your “bye” but I don’t understand the 1 seed doing it. If you want to sit them, sit them for the second half or the final quarter but they should at least start the game. I’ll get the Houston/Colts game in later when I get home.
Texans over the Colts. Both rookie year head coaches have had fantastic years. Minshew mania is in full effect for the Colts and has kept the Colts in the playoff race. You would think winning @ Houston in week 2 they would win here as well?? Well, not quite. For starters, week 2 was a long time ago.....16 weeks & games ago. Second of all, for as good as Shane Steichen & Minshew have been....DeMarco Ryans and CJ Stroud have probably been even better leading the Texans out of the abyss BOB the boob left the franchise in, and the rebuilding has skipped a couple steps as Stroud gets the Texans into the playoffs in his first season in the league.

Old 01-06-2024, 09:29 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Congrats to the Texans... I wish I was back in TX for all of the local celebrations

Bad feet on the throw by Minshew on 4th down... he wasn't pressured - set your feet and make a good throw

Old 01-06-2024, 09:30 PM

357 posts, read 133,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KinBueno View Post
Steelers @ Ravens - resting starters
Texans @ Colts- winner makes the P/Os

2-0 so far for the week!!!
Texans made it so I don't care if I get all the rest wrong, I'm still gonna be happy

Old 01-07-2024, 06:17 AM

9,763 posts, read 7,475,048 times
Quote:
I will take Pittsburgh this afternoon. I don’t know why Harbaugh is essentially punting on this game. Yes would it suck if Lamar got hurt?? Absolutely it would, but that would be playing scared as the odds of him suffering a season-ending injury in these 60 minutes are remarkably low. On the other hand you have a chance to knock your biggest rival out of the playoffs, and by resting your starters you are basically having 2 straight bye’s. No wonder the 1 seed hasn’t done very well in recent years! I don’t think anyone would do good if you haven’t played a competitive game in about 20/21 days. Now the 2-4 seeds sitting your starters absolutely because you have week 18 act as your “bye” but I don’t understand the 1 seed doing it. If you want to sit them, sit them for the second half or the final quarter but they should at least start the game. I’ll get the Houston/Colts game in later when I get home.

Quote:
Texans over the Colts. Both rookie year head coaches have had fantastic years. Minshew mania is in full effect for the Colts and has kept the Colts in the playoff race. You would think winning @ Houston in week 2 they would win here as well?? Well, not quite. For starters, week 2 was a long time ago.....16 weeks & games ago. Second of all, for as good as Shane Steichen & Minshew have been....DeMarco Ryans and CJ Stroud have probably been even better leading the Texans out of the abyss BOB the boob left the franchise in, and the rebuilding has skipped a couple steps as Stroud gets the Texans into the playoffs in his first season in the league.
Browns @ Bengals. Bengals have yet to win a divisional game this year, so they have that going for them
Vikings @ Lions. I'll take the Lions here even if they rest some players.
Jaguars @ Titans. Jaguars will either win the division or miss the playoffs. They'll win here.
Jets @ Patriots. Both teams stink. Jets haven't beaten the in forever, so why not make it here??
Falcons @ Saints. Winner will win the division if the Bucs don't win. Saints have been pretty good to me this year, so I will roll the dice one more time.
Buccaneers @ Panthers. Panthers literally have nothing to play for. They have wrapped up the worst record, but due to the lopsided draft day trade with the Bears they don't even own that #1 pick. Bucs roll to another South division, but this year actually win the division with a better than .500 record.

Bears @ Packers. Bears have actually been playing really well in the last 6 weeks or so, but not enough to beat the Pack at Lambeau.
Broncos @ Raiders. An absolute nothing of a game.
Eagles @ Giants. Maybe the Giants can pull off what the Cardinals did last week??
Seahawks @ Cardinals. Seahawks will make the playoffs if the Packers lose.
Chiefs @ Chargers. Nobody for the Chiefs will play here, so the Chargers get a huge break to end the year with a win.
Rams @ 49ers. Battle of backup QBs; I'll take the Rams backups especially since they'll likely have more starters playing at least at the start.
Cowboys @ Commanders. Dallas should win this easily in Ron's swan song.

Bills @ Dolphins. Not only is this for the East, but if the prior results hold than this game will decide the final AFC playoff spot; either the Steelers or the Bills. Dolphins have not done well against the NFL's elite this year, so they still have some catching up to do.

Old 01-07-2024, 06:42 AM

5,217 posts, read 6,147,251 times
I don’t usually listen to the talking heads each Sunday but this year at this point there seems to be so many scenarios on the playoffs depending on the wins and losses today.

Our local team the Jaguars find themself in a must win today.

Old 01-07-2024, 07:00 AM

14,327 posts, read 14,623,274 times
I know there are always some if this or that situations, but seems to be an abundance this year.

Packers find themselves in the same spot as last year, win and in but playing a division rival. Last year the Lions kept them out of the playoffs, this year it's the Bears turn to ruin their hopes at Lambeau! Go Pack Go!

Old 01-07-2024, 08:17 AM

1,982 posts, read 974,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KinBueno View Post
2-0 so far for the week!!!
Texans made it so I don't care if I get all the rest wrong, I'm still gonna be happy
I didn't want Houston to win, but congrats man. They played well enough to make the playoffs. Now its just a matter of seeding.

Old 01-07-2024, 08:19 AM

5,217 posts, read 6,147,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I know there are always some if this or that situations, but seems to be an abundance this year.

Packers find themselves in the same spot as last year, win and in but playing a division rival. Last year the Lions kept them out of the playoffs, this year it's the Bears turn to ruin their hopes at Lambeau! Go Pack Go!
My thoughts also. Looking at NFL news and it looks like not only has there been a merry go round of QB’s this season but the same can be said for coaches come Monday. Owners certainly seem to be losing patience with losing coaches a lot quicker these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football