Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2024, 09:28 PM

26,270 posts, read 49,193,517 times

Advertisements

Week 18: 11-5
Season: 178-94 (65.44%)
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2024, 09:56 PM

2,076 posts, read 1,627,305 times
12-4 in week 18
178-94 season

I tied for 2nd place!!
Congrats on 1st place, Susan!!

Old 01-08-2024, 01:59 AM

1,580 posts, read 1,468,470 times
Week 18: 9-7
Season: 161-111
Congratulations on winning again, Susan!

Old 01-08-2024, 02:14 AM

200 posts, read 62,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbnum3 View Post
So far this week 1-0- Glad Houston made the playoffs

Last week 10-6
Overall (127-93)

Browns @ Bengals
Vikings @ Lions
Jaguars @ Titans
Jets @ Patriots
Falcons @ Saints
Buccaneers @ Panthers

Bears @ Packers
Broncos @ Raiders
Eagles @ Giants
Seahawks @ Cardinals
Chiefs @ Chargers
Rams @ 49ers
Cowboys @ Commanders

Bills @ Dolphins
10-5 ( missed the first game)
Overall (137-98)
Looking forward to playoffs.. Go 9ers

Old 01-08-2024, 04:13 AM

2,633 posts, read 4,065,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexWest View Post
Steelers @ Ravens
Texans @ Colts

Browns @ Bengals
Vikings @ Lions
Jaguars @ Titans
Jets @ Patriots
Falcons @ Saints
Buccaneers @ Panthers

Bears @ Packers
Broncos @ Raiders
Eagles @ Giants
Seahawks @ Cardinals
Chiefs @ Chargers
Rams @ 49ers
Cowboys @ Commanders

Bills @ Dolphins
9-7 this week
158-114 overall

Old 01-08-2024, 05:40 AM

14,336 posts, read 14,666,293 times
11-5 for me, went to bed thinking, I'd be 10-6 and possibly a tie for first! Season 180-92

What the heck Bills, they won, can't count them out, I guess. What is wrong with those Eagles, in the playoffs but they don't look right!

Thanks, Star, it's been fun, a somewhat different year of picking and of course, Go Pack Go!

Last edited by susancruzs; 01-08-2024 at 06:54 AM..

Old 01-08-2024, 06:34 AM

2,239 posts, read 1,136,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshbyQuin View Post
Switching to Philly. Hopefully I’m not too late.
Should’ve stuck with my initial pick. This team is a joke.

Old 01-08-2024, 06:49 AM

5,261 posts, read 6,202,263 times
I believe 12-4 for me this week.

I had a great time picking with everyone here this year and as a group I think we knocked it out of the park right up with the so called experts.

While I had fun picking to me watching many of the games this season was like watching paint dry unevenly.

Many liked the inconsistency and mediocrity of the games as it made them more unpredictable.

Talking heads have a lot to talk about today, Tampa getting in the playoffs by kicking three field goals against one of the worst teams, Jaguars loss to the worst team in their division and their unpredicted fall the last month and the questions around the saints final play and all eyes and ears will be focused on the Patriots predicted end of the Belichick era.

Patriots are out, the local Jaguars are out so I guess I am excited for the 49er’s, Buffalo and Miami.

Eagles and Chiefs……….what snuffed their spark this season?

On to the playoffs and it looks like after the dust settles congratulations to Sue!

Old 01-08-2024, 07:53 AM

7,609 posts, read 6,118,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
No, it isn't.

It's Saturday 1/6 now, days after you posted this, and the National Championship game is here in Houston on Monday 1/8.

I started seeing a bunch of Washington plates here (with bumper stickers, team stuff on windows, etc.) a day or so after the Sugar Bowl (fans with confidence their team would make it to the championship game ?)
I disagree. There is no College Football Championship game this year, BUT I posted the Simulation of what WOULD be had their been a fair and equal contest of such a game.
Trust me, College football ended for all intents and purposes here at the Cat's House after WYOMING beat Toledo in the Barstool Sorts Bowl which was the best Bowl of the season. (And an example of how games should be narrated) I already posted the national Championship game that I simulated multiple times. Washington 34 Michigan 24 Huskies win, although Florida State made a close showing and Liberty, well, they scored points, but not enough to beat the Pesky Wolverines..... You can read all the Details in the College Football Thread.

AS for the crappy week of Pro Football Picking, I am still amazed that the Jaguars lost to the Titans. Remember the Titans are the worst team in the Division.
Now a few late season Wins Might keep Vrable on the Sidelines for another year. Bigger Question is, what business does Peterson have staying in Jacksonville ?
And here is a thought...What if Belicheat had Trevor Lawrence as his QB ? Without bringing Bill O'Bozo of course, as the Patriots offense is worse with him than without him.....

================================================== =

As for MY FINZ and another season of falling short, let me point out that DYNASTIES are the Norm in the AFC East. While the NFC Beast offers a different Champion every year, the AFC has a history of repeats. MY FINZ in the 80s with Marino The Buffaloes in the 90s The Evil Patriots in the 2000s Now Bill's Buffaloes will be the first place team for a while, until at least New Ownership comes to My Finz and they realize that Offensive Line depth would accentuate the Wide Receiver speed.

================================================== =======

SO somehow, Todd Bowles is saved from the Plank by Baker Mayfield and a ra- tag offense , defense and although inconsistent, gets the Division again. I predict that the game vs the Eagles will be played here in Tampa, and the team that scores the most points will probably win.

My question is, and this is perplexing, why is Baker Mayfield not all over commercials here? The local media seem to enjoy talking about the Pirates when they win. And they are really not that good. Nor are the Eagles anymore. Yet one team will have to win and move on......

Old 01-08-2024, 09:07 AM

4,063 posts, read 2,411,158 times
At least my G-men went out on a high note. Get Jones back and buff up the offensive line. Only problem is they may lose Barkley. The sentiment is it's his last game in Giant blue. That's a blow but we'll endure. Gooooo G-men!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football