Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2024, 09:59 AM

26,231 posts, read 49,100,094 times

Advertisements

Week 18 is here, end of the regular season. Two games on Saturday, 14 games on Sunday. No MNF or TNF.

Steelers @ Ravens
Texans @ Colts

Browns @ Bengals
Vikings @ Lions
Jaguars @ Titans
Jets @ Patriots
Falcons @ Saints
Buccaneers @ Panthers

Bears @ Packers
Broncos @ Raiders
Eagles @ Giants
Seahawks @ Cardinals
Chiefs @ Chargers
Rams @ 49ers
Cowboys @ Commanders

Bills @ Dolphins
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2024, 10:26 AM

366 posts, read 137,781 times
Steelers @ Ravens - resting starters
Texans @ Colts- winner makes the P/Os

Browns @ Bengals - my heart says Bengals but my mind says Flacco is campaigning for next year
Vikings @ Lions - Vikings are probably already dead in the water.
Jaguars @ Titans - wishful thinking
Jets @ Patriots - the Pats would throw this one if they were smart. Think of next year
Falcons @ Saints - for the division
Buccaneers @ Panthers - I will comeback to this one, they both suck.

Bears @ Packers
Broncos @ Raiders - someone needs to keep their job.
Eagles @ Giants - for the div, no reason for Giants to fight to the death
Seahawks
@ Cardinals - same as Pats
Chiefs @ Chargers - chiefs fighting for seeding, chargers resting for rebuilding.
Rams @ 49ers - Rams want this more, niners already own conference
Cowboys @ Commanders - expect to get this wrong, but I ain't betting on the girls. I rather take the L

Bills @ Dolphins- this Royal rumble can go either way. Both teams sucked this past week. Looks like whomever wins takes the division. So vip for both. The Bills might need it more because they would need both the Jags and Steelers to lose to make the Playoffs if they lose. This is an impossible pick, but I am going with the Phins right now. After their embarrassing loss they need to kick butt this week.

Old 01-01-2024, 12:13 PM

1,995 posts, read 983,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KinBueno View Post
Steelers @ Ravens - resting starters
Texans @ Colts- winner makes the P/Os

Browns @ Bengals - my heart says Bengals but my mind says Flacco is campaigning for next year
Vikings @ Lions - Vikings are probably already dead in the water.
Jaguars @ Titans - wishful thinking
Jets @ Patriots - the Pats would throw this one if they were smart. Think of next year
Falcons @ Saints - for the division
Buccaneers @ Panthers - I will comeback to this one, they both suck.

Bears @ Packers
Broncos @ Raiders - someone needs to keep their job.
Eagles @ Giants - for the div, no reason for Giants to fight to the death
Seahawks
@ Cardinals - same as Pats
Chiefs @ Chargers - chiefs fighting for seeding, chargers resting for rebuilding.
Rams @ 49ers - Rams want this more, niners already own conference
Cowboys @ Commanders - expect to get this wrong, but I ain't betting on the girls. I rather take the L

Bills @ Dolphins- this Royal rumble can go either way. Both teams sucked this past week. Looks like whomever wins takes the division. So vip for both. The Bills might need it more because they would need both the Jags and Steelers to lose to make the Playoffs if they lose. This is an impossible pick, but I am going with the Phins right now. After their embarrassing loss they need to kick butt this week.
Did Buffalo really suck? The Bills defense forced four turnovers, sacked Bailey Zappe three times, and picked him off three times, one of which was returned for a score. You must have watched or seen a different game if you think Buffalo sucked last week. Josh Allen also had two rushing touchdowns. Now he has over 41 total touchdowns this year.

Old 01-01-2024, 12:29 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,464,476 times
HAPPY NEW YEAR Y'ALL!

Steelers @ Ravens-It looks like the Steelers will go 10-6 instead of 9-7 and Mike Tomlin will keep his perfect winning seasons streak intact. Steeler Nation has to be reeling about losing to 2-10 teams at home in consecutive weeks. They'd be in the playoffs if they could win one of those. Ravens starters shouldn't sniff the field for this. The work has already been done. They're clearly the frontrunners to win the Super Bowl. Lamar Jackson should win the MVP. I still think my Niners can win a rematch though. Steelers win 24-10.

Texans @ Colts-I think the winner of this will get the 7th seed. I think it'll be Houston now that Stroud is back. He's a rookie, but he's not your typical rookie. I'll take Houston 24-23. I usually pick AFC South matches incorrectly, so congratulations to the Colts.

Browns @ Bengals-Browns already locked up the 5th seed, so I think Cincy will win the Battle of Ohio 14-10 at home.

Vikings @ Lions-Lions have already clinched the NFC North so they should rest their guys. Somehow Vikings are not out of it. There's some crazy scenario where they could get in. Give me Minnesota 28-24.

Jaguars @ Titans-Jags will clinch the AFC South with a win. Remember the Titans are a Jekyll and Hyde team capable of playing spoiler, but I just don't see it this year. Jags win 21-17. I'd feel confident sitting Lawrence out for this game too. Beathard can lead them past the Titans.

Jets @ Patriots-This could be Belichick's swan song in New England and he'll go out winning an ugly 10-7 game against the grounded Jets. Maybe next year for the Jets, but probably not if they don't get their offensive line fixed.

Falcons @ Saints-I was surprised that N'awlins beat the Bucs last week. They should beat the Dirty Birds too by a score of 21-20. They'll still miss the playoffs.

Buccaneers @ Panthers-Tampa Bay couldn't clinch the NFC South last week, but they should get it this week against a Carolina team that has seemingly thrown in the towel after getting blanked last week. They earned that first pick that's going to Da Bears. Bucs win 30-10 just so they can get slaughtered in the first round of the playoffs. Hey, at least, they'll end the regular season with a winning record this year.

Bears @ Packers-What an incredible achievement it would be for the Pack to make the playoffs. It has been a bumpy road. They looked great last night and I see them carrying that over to Week 18 with a 31-24 win over Da Bears at Lambeau.

Broncos @ Raiders-I'll take the Raiders at home in this rivalry game to win 30-27. They'll want to tie the Broncos for 2nd in the AFC West at 8-9.

Eagles @ Giants-BOOOOOOO!!!! COME ON PHILLY!!!! All Eagles needed to do was beat the Cards at home and the Giants to take the NFC East and get a home playoff game. Now it looks like Dallas will take the East and get to play at the Jerry Dome where the refs are paid for and the Cowpokes have won 15th straight. I was hoping to avoid this scenario. Anyway, Eagles win 27-24 unless they blow it again.

Seahawks @ Cardinals-Seahawks beat Kyler's Cardinals to the tune of 19-16, but it won't matter because the Rams own the tiebreaker and the Packers will win.

Chiefs @ Chargers-KC won the West, so they need to rest the starters and give the Homeless Bolts a break. Skid Row Chargers win 28-17.

Rams @ 49ers-My Niners clinched the number 1 seed, so let's hope all the starters are benched. Rams have also clinched a playoff berth. I like our JV team against theirs, so give me the Niners 20-19. We still own the Rams during the regular season.

Cowboys @ Commanders-I'm definitely biased, but I'm still reeling from that illegal touching call against the Lions. Decker clearly reported as a receiver on the tape. While it helped my Niners clinch the 1 seed earlier than I expected, it all but guarantees the Cowpokes win the East and get to host one or more playoff games. I wanted them on the road where they'd surely lose in the first round. This isn't happening, but maybe the Commanders can take a cue from the Cards and win 35-0. The sky would fall in Jerry World if that happened. Yes, I'm a dreamer.

Bills @ Dolphins-Buffalo has looked lackluster in their wins, but they're winning. Finz just got tubthumped by the Ravens who exploited their weaknesses. I think the Bills can go to Miami to take the AFC East. Josh Allen and Bills D will show up for this. I have them getting a number 2 seed, which would be incredible considering where they were earlier in the season. Miami will fall to a 6th seed. They have a dynamic offense that feasts on bad teams, but they're not quite ready to hang with the elite teams yet. Buffalo wins 35-21.

Last edited by maniac77; 01-01-2024 at 01:07 PM..

Old 01-01-2024, 02:21 PM

366 posts, read 137,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggermatt15 View Post
Did Buffalo really suck? The Bills defense forced four turnovers, sacked Bailey Zappe three times, and picked him off three times, one of which was returned for a score. You must have watched or seen a different game if you think Buffalo sucked last week. Josh Allen also had two rushing touchdowns. Now he has over 41 total touchdowns this year.
Yes, they certainly sucked, despite the win.

They were playing the Pats, first of all.
They gave up more yards than they gained (to the Pats).
The Pats gained more yards per play than the Bills.

Josh Allen may have had 2 rushing touchdowns but he still sucked. He managed to get a lower QBR than Zappe despite Zappe's underwelming 26.7 QBR. Zappe had more yards than Allen and a higher Completion rate

At this point of the year, when stakes are so high, the Bills and Allen gave an underwhelming performance against the Pats.
I don't think I was harsh in saying both the Bills and Dolphins sucked. But I guess you can say they were disappointing.
Do you think the Bills played well? Or even decent?

Old 01-01-2024, 02:48 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,624,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KinBueno View Post
Yes, they certainly sucked, despite the win.

They were playing the Pats, first of all.
They gave up more yards than they gained (to the Pats).
The Pats gained more yards per play than the Bills.

Josh Allen may have had 2 rushing touchdowns but he still sucked. He managed to get a lower QBR than Zappe despite Zappe's underwelming 26.7 QBR. Zappe had more yards than Allen and a higher Completion rate

At this point of the year, when stakes are so high, the Bills and Allen gave an underwhelming performance against the Pats.
I don't think I was harsh in saying both the Bills and Dolphins sucked. But I guess you can say they were disappointing.
Do you think the Bills played well? Or even decent?
The defense was very good. The offense sucked. I think that is a fair assessment of the Bills yesterday against the Patriots. The Bills defense held the Patriots to 14 points. Keep in mind the Patriots have a very good defense, especially these last 5 or 6 weeks. Wasn’t shocking to see them give the Bills O a tough game.

I didn’t see the Miami game but it looks like they struggled on both sides of the ball.

Old 01-01-2024, 07:11 PM

7,598 posts, read 6,098,401 times
Well, College football is over and now we are down to the last week of the NFL (Congrats to the Washington Huskies, the cat's National Champion)

AND only 5 months to start back up with pro football in Canada
SO
Next weekend, I have to work Saturday, But on Sunday I MIGHT get to watch a game. I was going to watch one last weekend, but it was not on TV here. However, I DID go ahead and reserve two seats at the sports bar for the Super Bowl Which may be the NEXT NFL GAME that I watch

SO on to the picks
Steelers @ Nevermore, Baltimore RAVENS SO the Nevermore Ravens managed to stay healthy and get the first top seed. Almost looks like they want to put coach Hairball into the SUper Bowl to make a human interest story. His brother goes on to lose the College National Championship to Washington But when they coached each other in the Super Bowl a long time ago, viewership on the Hallmark "A Brother's Super Bowl Christmas In January" reached an all time high I am thinking they are trying to rig something like that here in order to sell more T-Shirts and inspire Hallmark Christmas plots

Texans @ COLTS Another boring offering from the AFC South, this game sponsored by Walmart...we don't care and it SHOWS .

BROWNIES @ Bengals Well, both tams have had a good run, but it would not be good to have two Ohio teams in the playoffs, after all, there would be little interest outside of Ohio and last I checked, people are still leaving that state in Droves. (Many are coming here) GOod to see Old Joe Flacco get one hast Hurrah

Vikings @ DETROIT ROCK CITY LIONS Well, the Lions lost to the refs last week, but how could they let them win, what with Jimmy Johnson, the entire cast of Fox football, all the former Cowboys, the contestants of the Masked Singer and the Superstars of the WWE....What did you expect? Nice to see some CATS in the playoffs though

JAGUARS @ Remember the Titans I think that if you could rig a 4 way tie , the Vince Goodell would and then schedule a 4 way game next week to decide the winner......BUT only on Pay Per View, of course

La Guardia Grounded Jets @ NEW EVIL PATRIOTS In what will likely be Belicheat's last game in a Patriots Uniform, The old man goes out with a win while the Grounded Jets, one of 30 disappointments this season limps back to LaGuardia to be renovated for next season by drafting not 3 but 4 Franchise Quarterbacks in the draft.

Falcons @ SAINTS The Saints look forward to next season when the Super Bowl returns to Naw'Lins for 2025 and the players get jobs as ticket takers.

SUCCANEERS @ Pink Panthers I really cannot explain how painful it is to have to suffer through this garbage team somehow getting a home playoff game by default, and having to hear about it endlessly. Like some of my posts that have fallen short this season, but it never stops until they lose to a 5th place tam, fire the coach, and disappear from the media until next July.

Bears @ PACKERS While I do not see the Lombardo Trophy returning to Green Bay this year, the Packers have to be pleased that Love will be the one to sweep away memories of old man Rogers . I suggest that in the offseason, fans should look up "Guy Lombardo's Greatest Hits " on Youtube and enjoy the music.

BRONCOS @ Raiders The Biggest Rivalry in the NFL takes place in Vegas, Baby, (where we are going in March, in case I forgot to tell you) The Broncos are a Little better right now, and Sean Peyton will restore a winning atmosphere at Mile High Stadium. SpPeaking of Atmosphere, has anyone noticed all the smoke inside the Raider's stadium? I realize that Vegas is embracing the weed culture, but seriously? It is hard to see through the haze to the field. Then again, by 2nd quarter, no one cares.

EAGLES @ Giants WOW the Eagles have fallen.

OUR WEEK 18 VERSION of WHEN BIRDS ATTACK takes us full circle to see Pete Carroll and his
SEAHAWKS @ the Pesky Red Birds, driven to success by little Kyler Murray, Pete Carroll wants the team back in the Playoffs, ahead of a few other hanger-ons. Sadly, the best thing would be for them to win, best for both teams in the greater scheme of things. The Seahawks can cement Pete Carroll one step closer to the Pro Football Hall of Fame by letting him have yet another playoff berth, and as a result, the gum producers of America will help the nation skirt a recession by making another big sale to the Seahawks. Meanwhile, the Pesky Red Birds need a good draft pick, and a loss here will help with that.

Rams at 49ERS I half expected the 49ers to take this game off, but they want to keep that number one seed. BUT the NFL needs to let another southern Cal west coast team into the playoffs to make the sales and TV ratings. That has to be the rams, because
CHIEFS @ Skid Row Chargers Sadly, the Homeless Chargers cannot get into the playoffs because they are too poor and have no money to pad Goodell's pocket SO, they can go back to picking up trash in the off-season, living in tents, and fire the rest of the coaching staff.

COWBOYS @ Redskins The Cowboys on the other hand bought their way into the playoffs because the owner offered to help pay for the rebuilding of Goodell's Maui vacation home See, in this league it is ALL About Money. The Cowboys have it, the Homeless Charger's don't and neither do the Lions because Detroit has been broke city for too long

Bill's Buffaloes @ MY FINZ By some miracle, My FINZ pull out a win and move up in the seeding, and an even bigger Miracle would be for it to not be blacked out on local TV here for some reason. If I could see it, well, that would be great, as long as they win

Old 01-01-2024, 09:13 PM

3,266 posts, read 5,640,015 times
Stealers @ Ravens

Texans @ Colts

Browns @ Bengals

Vikings @ Lions

Jaguars @ Titans

Jets @ Patriots

Falcons @ Saints

Buccaneers @ Panthers

Bears @ Packers

Broncos @ Raiders

Eagles @ Giants

Seahawks @ Cardinals

Chiefs @ Chargers

Rams @ 49ers

Cowboys @ Commanders

Bills @ Dolphins

Old 01-02-2024, 06:39 AM

296 posts, read 529,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Week 18 is here, end of the regular season. Two games on Saturday, 14 games on Sunday. No MNF or TNF.

Steelers @ Ravens
Texans @ Colts

Browns @ Bengals
Vikings @ Lions
Jaguars @ Titans
Jets @ Patriots
Falcons @ Saints
Buccaneers @ Panthers

Bears @ Packers
Broncos @ Raiders
Eagles @ Giants
Seahawks @ Cardinals
Chiefs @ Chargers
Rams @ 49ers
Cowboys @ Commanders

Bills @ Dolphins
Some surprising results last week , blow outs. Last week before the playoffs which will be interesting.

PIT @ BAL......PIT is still not looking good , I think even with reserves playing : BAL
HOU @ INDY ......yawn : INDY

CLE @ CIN.....No Burrows , and Flacco is making a statement : CLE
MIN @ DET : SKOL : MIN
JAX @ TEN : Still looking to be a contender : JAX
NYJ @ NE : usually a really good AFC east game but I think that Bellichik will be mad, should be his last game in Foxboro : NE
ATL @ NO ....After last week : NO
TB @ CAR : ......Still believe in Mayfield : TB
CHI @ GB .......CHI
DEN @ LV................LV
PHI @ NYG .....no way the Giants win....: PHI
SEA @ ARI ....another yawn game . Will this even break 20,000 attendance or O/U 20.....ARI
KC @ LAC........I hate KC so : LAC
LAR @ SF.....a blowout by : SF
DAL @ WAS......DAL

BUF @ MIA .....Come on Tua , make your statement : MIA

Old 01-02-2024, 07:52 AM

4,009 posts, read 2,372,974 times
Steelers @ Ravens
Texans @ Colts

Browns @ Bengals
Vikings @ Lions
Jaguars @ Titans
Jets @ Patriots
Falcons @ Saints
Buccaneers @ Panthers

Bears @ Packers
Broncos @ Raiders
Eagles @ Giants
Seahawks @ Cardinals
Chiefs @ Chargers
Rams @ 49ers
Cowboys @ Commanders

Bills @ Dolphins
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football