Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2024, 08:27 AM

3,239 posts, read 3,545,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I know there are always some if this or that situations, but seems to be an abundance this year.

Packers find themselves in the same spot as last year, win and in but playing a division rival. Last year the Lions kept them out of the playoffs, this year it's the Bears turn to ruin their hopes at Lambeau! Go Pack Go!
If I were a Packers fan this game would worry me, Chicago's defense has been the best in the league since Sweat arrived. Justin Fields has upped his game (and the Packers D is trash - gave up 30 points to the Panthers). Also, Jordan Love plays really well against the blitz (e.g. Vikings) but the Bears can get pressure without blitzing, so he has his work cut out for him this week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2024, 08:41 AM

14,329 posts, read 14,629,286 times
We'll see! Pack "D" is so inconsistent, but hoping they play well today. Division games are always a concern, you see it all year during the season. One team doing great, another terrible, then they play a division game and all bets are off!

Old 01-07-2024, 08:45 AM

360 posts, read 134,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KinBueno View Post

Jaguars @ Titans - wishful thinking

Bills @ Dolphins- this Royal rumble can go either way. Both teams sucked this past week. Looks like whomever wins takes the division. So vip for both. The Bills might need it more because they would need both the Jags and Steelers to lose to make the Playoffs if they lose. This is an impossible pick, but I am going with the Phins right now. After their embarrassing loss they need to kick butt this week.
I am really really really unsure of these two picks, but this year has been such a rollercoaster and I think these two picks are the perfect way to end this rollercoaster of a season. If these picks are correct then

Bills will lose the division, but they won't have lost the chance to be in the playoffs because the earlier Jags loss will have saved them a spot.

This would mean the Steelers would Clinch a WC spot giving the AFC North 3 playoff spots and set up some interesting rematches for week 19:

The #4 Texans would host the #5 Browns for a week 16 match up where Stroud didn't play
The #3 Chiefs would host the #6 Steelers and
The #2 Dolphins would go right back to hosting the #7 Bills. That would just be awesome.

Since the Browns are resting everyone I think that is the only pick I am changing this week. Flacco was supposed to play to get his bonus but they gave it to him anyway so he is resting. Since my pick for the Browns to win was solely based on Flacco I am switching to Bengals:

Browns @ Bengals

Old 01-07-2024, 08:54 AM

3,239 posts, read 3,545,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapdad00 View Post
Saturday games

Steelers @ Ravens
Texans @ Colts

Steelers aren't very good, but Lamar is worth 11 points per game and I don't think the Steelers are 11 points worse than Ravens in the rain.
Trying to rally after a mediocre last 2 weeks picking the wrong upsets. So far 2-0 after Saturday. This week's challenge is going to be figuring out which teams who control their own playoff destiny, crap the bed, playing a team with nothing to play for. It happens every year. This year's candidates - Jaguars, Bucs, Packers, Seahawks, Cowboys.

Browns @ Bengals - Browns taking the week off, Bengals have firepower to overcome the superior team.
Vikings @ Lions - Detroit is playing their starters and has an outside chance of getting a 2 seed if both Philly and Dallas lose (albeit slim).
Jaguars @ Titans - Assuming Trevor is starting, I'm picking the Jags. If he is ruled out I'm picking the Titans.
Jets @ Patriots - Belichick, in his last game as the Pats coach, wants to give them a worse draft pick by winning this game, so that whatever team he goes to can draft the QB they want instead of NE getting that opportunity in April.
Falcons @ Saints - Saints fold under win and they're in pressure.
Buccaneers @ Panthers - I really want to take the Panthers here (given my statement above about controlling their destiny teams falling short plus I think Baker peaked a couple of weeks ago against a bad Packers defense. But the Panthers are just terrible and have no offensive weapons.

Bears @ Packers - See response above to susancruzs
Broncos @ Raiders - Pierce coaching to have interim tag removed next year (still think they hire someone more high profile)
Eagles @ Giants - If Eagles hadn't lost last week, I would pick the Giants.
Seahawks @ Cardinals - Kyler Murray is a dynamic player and Seattle wont be able to stop him despite needing a win to have a shot to make the playoffs.
Chiefs @ Chargers - tossup, Travis Kelce may play until he gets 1000 yards on the season.
Rams @ 49ers - tossup, both teams resting players. Puca will play until he breaks a couple of rookie records (needs 4 catches and 30 yards to become rookie receiving recordholder for each category). Carson Wentz and Sam D'Arnold playing for their next contract.
Cowboys @ Commanders - Cowboys are a bad road team, but Commanders have been terrible down the stretch. Does Ron Rivera, in potentially his last game ever as an NFL head coach, become Riverboat Ron again - throwing the kitchen sink at Dallas, or does he continue being Paddleboat Ron we have seen so far this year?

Bills @ Dolphins - Dolphins have no pass rush now that Chubb is out. Game will be played at night, eliminating the "visiting team getting dehydrated in the sun" phenomena of playing in Miami (is that even a thing is December?) Bills play just well enough to win, with Cook running for 150 yards.

Old 01-07-2024, 09:48 AM

200 posts, read 62,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbnum3 View Post
Week 18

Texans @ Colts
So far this week 1-0- Glad Houston made the playoffs

Last week 10-6
Overall (127-93)

Browns @ Bengals
Vikings @ Lions
Jaguars @ Titans
Jets @ Patriots
Falcons @ Saints
Buccaneers @ Panthers

Bears @ Packers
Broncos @ Raiders
Eagles @ Giants
Seahawks @ Cardinals
Chiefs @ Chargers
Rams @ 49ers
Cowboys @ Commanders

Bills @ Dolphins

Old 01-07-2024, 11:11 AM

2,236 posts, read 1,124,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Week 18 is here, end of the regular season. Two games on Saturday, 14 games on Sunday. No MNF or TNF.

Steelers @ Ravens
Texans @ Colts

Browns @ Bengals
Vikings @ Lions
Jaguars @ Titans
Jets @ Patriots
Falcons @ Saints
Buccaneers @ Panthers

Bears @ Packers
Broncos @ Raiders
Eagles @ Giants
Seahawks @ Cardinals
Chiefs @ Chargers
Rams @ 49ers
Cowboys @ Commanders

Bills @ Dolphins
Bears @ Packers
Broncos @ Raiders
Eagles @ Giants
Seahawks @ Cardinals
Chiefs @ Chargers
Rams @ 49ers
Cowboys @ Commanders

Bills @ Dolphins

Old 01-07-2024, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KinBueno View Post
I am really really really unsure of these two picks, but this year has been such a rollercoaster and I think these two picks are the perfect way to end this rollercoaster of a season. If these picks are correct then

Bills will lose the division, but they won't have lost the chance to be in the playoffs because the earlier Jags loss will have saved them a spot.

This would mean the Steelers would Clinch a WC spot giving the AFC North 3 playoff spots and set up some interesting rematches for week 19:

The #4 Texans would host the #5 Browns for a week 16 match up where Stroud didn't play
The #3 Chiefs would host the #6 Steelers and
The #2 Dolphins would go right back to hosting the #7 Bills. That would just be awesome.

Since the Browns are resting everyone I think that is the only pick I am changing this week. Flacco was supposed to play to get his bonus but they gave it to him anyway so he is resting. Since my pick for the Browns to win was solely based on Flacco I am switching to Bengals:

Browns @ Bengals
OMG the Houston Oilers helped the Texans win the division.
The Bills and Steelers are in!!!!!!!

7-1 so far this week. Can't believe the Panthers let me down, lol

Old 01-07-2024, 02:30 PM

2,236 posts, read 1,124,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshbyQuin View Post
Bears @ Packers
Broncos @ Raiders
Eagles @ Giants
Seahawks @ Cardinals
Chiefs @ Chargers
Rams @ 49ers
Cowboys @ Commanders

Bills @ Dolphins
Switching to Philly. Hopefully I’m not too late.

Old 01-07-2024, 02:32 PM

14,329 posts, read 14,629,286 times
6-2 early games, picked Jax and NE. My late games picked Cowboys to lose, don't think that happens!

Old 01-07-2024, 02:38 PM

I know I picked Susan's Packers and the Seahawks to win but I'm secretly hoping they both lose so that my Saints can make the playoffs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football