Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2024, 09:34 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I miss Calico, she kept the Eagles thread going. She left (with a few others) when the protests started, kneeling. I thought she might come back but never did. She did well in the pick 'ems usually.
Not specific to them and I truly hope it's not the case for any but we have a lot of older posters on the various forums and well....some just suddenly stopped during Covid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2024, 10:01 AM

6,558 posts, read 12,051,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhays25 View Post
People who left because of kneeling...mistook a symbol for what this country ACTUALLY stands for.
I always thought it was funny when the whole thing started with the former 49er Colin Kaepernick and I was still in the military at the time, and many of the fellow service members mentioned on social media how no one is more "patriotic" than the civilians who never have or would serve in the military. Ironically the military is who defends their rights to kneel.

Old 02-12-2024, 10:15 AM

8,865 posts, read 6,869,333 times
The anti-kneelers, you could say, are insulting the military by degrading a core American ideal.

(I don't actually think that. They have the right to protest too, as much as I mock them. And none of this is directly about the military.)

I have no idea if anyone protested at the Super Bowl because I tuned in at the coin flip.

Old 02-12-2024, 10:43 AM

3,429 posts, read 1,564,958 times
One of the best Superbowl in decades.

Old 02-12-2024, 11:06 AM

18,016 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Quote:
The anti-kneelers, you could say, are insulting the military by degrading a core American ideal.

(I don't actually think that. They have the right to protest too, as much as I mock them. And none of this is directly about the military.)

I have no idea if anyone protested at the Super Bowl because I tuned in at the coin flip.
"They don't have the guts to show it anymore because the more they did, the more the audience looked like swiss cheese, and heavy on the swiss.

Oh, and I fast forwarded through the alternate National Anthem, at MrsGowdog's request and to my delight.

I personally got sick of politics so headed back here. You talk about a rigged game, sheesh.

All things being equal though, my passion is alcoholism and mental health, while digesting the best coffee and steak I can find.

Quote:
I eat by steak occasionally...but that looks gross. I'd rather the gross parts got cut off in the kitchen rather than me having to look at that crap.
Well it's a Prime Rib roast, so, that's the way it's served in a restaurant. My friend there didn't seem to mind.

I cooked it right o about 130 and tented it to cool where it reached about 134, so right at the lower end of medium rare. Could I suggest a Big Mac or something?

Perhaps some jalapeño poppers would be more to your liking.

Oh, and some Dutches Potatoes, which is a work in progress for me, not good at these at all.

Last edited by McGowdog; 02-12-2024 at 12:13 PM..

Old 02-12-2024, 11:50 AM

3,971 posts, read 2,352,311 times
^^^Steak or prime rib? Either way, it looks delicious. Your tabby eyes seem bigger than it's appetite.

Old 02-12-2024, 11:54 AM

8,865 posts, read 6,869,333 times
I eat by steak occasionally...but that looks gross. I'd rather the gross parts got cut off in the kitchen rather than me having to look at that crap.

Old 02-12-2024, 12:10 PM

6,558 posts, read 12,051,033 times
I remember for last year's Superbowl I had KC ribs for dinner, and a Philly cheesesteak sandwich for lunch. Maybe I should have had something with sourdough bread, but I did the traditional bites this time (buffalo wings, mozzarella sticks, pasta salad, carrots and celery sticks). If the Lions would have been in I would have ordered the Detroit style pizza from Little Caesars.

Old 02-12-2024, 12:10 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,186,228 times
I thought the game was rather boring all the way into the 4th quarter and OT when there was finally a bit of drama. I like a high scoring game with both sides moving down the field often, rather than the 20 punts yesterday. I also like a safety and a pick 6, for excitement. I really don't care about seeing who is in the stands watching the game, especially when it's a celeb that the media obsesses over.

Old 02-12-2024, 01:10 PM

3,661 posts, read 2,947,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
I thought the game was rather boring all the way into the 4th quarter and OT when there was finally a bit of drama. I like a high scoring game with both sides moving down the field often, rather than the 20 punts yesterday. I also like a safety and a pick 6, for excitement. I really don't care about seeing who is in the stands watching the game, especially when it's a celeb that the media obsesses over.

You have to be kidding. The Giants beat the Patriots twice in low scoring games. My heart was pounding at the end. You can't tell me that wasn't exciting? The 1st half was a snoozer yesterday but the 2nd half was as lit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football