Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2023, 08:32 AM

4,401 posts, read 4,299,181 times

Advertisements

What are some bold predictions you have for the upcoming NFL season?

1.NFC South has two teams in the playoffs.

2. Dolphins win the AFC East

3. Chiefs don't make it past the divisional round.

4. Ravens and Lamar Jackson disappoint after his contract. Ravens finish dead last in the AFC North. (Hope I'm wrong but I have a sneaky feeling)

5. Cowboys miss the playoffs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2023, 10:53 AM

14,327 posts, read 14,629,286 times
Pretty bold on the NFC South, worst NFC division last year. NFC was sad, South 29 wins, West 31, North 33, to go from this to two teams in playoffs? Well, you did say bold!

Old 06-19-2023, 07:40 PM

3,266 posts, read 5,636,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Pretty bold on the NFC South, worst NFC division last year. NFC was sad, South 29 wins, West 31, North 33, to go from this to two teams in playoffs? Well, you did say bold!
If I read my tea leaves right the NFCE had the most divisional wins in the NFL at 43 and it was not even close with the next most combined divisional wins at were the AFCE at 37 and the AFCN at 38.

@ Turnerbro ... wanna stand behind your prediction about the Cowboys not making the playoffs? With cash? That's pretty strong!

Back in the thick of the playoff picture will be KC, Cincy, Philly, Dallas, SF, Seattle, and lastly Buffalo. Now the Buffalo thing is the weakest of my predictions as the AFCE could be up for grabs. For sure I see NY being a double digit win team and maybe Miami.

Any teams I didn't mention are definitely not a for sure thingy while the ones I did mention are either strong with no real depreciation or improved and/or have strong coaching.

SB is not worth predicting but KC has the lead by a nose over Philly and as usual the one caveat to pre-season predictions for post season success is in season injuries.

Very interested as to how the NFCE leaders will fare with the loss of important coaching coordinators.

Old 06-20-2023, 06:23 AM

3,979 posts, read 2,359,295 times
Ok, shame on all of you for not including the NY Giants in the playoffs. They were just there and coming back to take it up a notch. IMHO, Giants can split with Philly during the season to make the NFC East interesting.

Old 06-20-2023, 06:36 AM

If I read my tea leaves right the NFCE had the most divisional wins in the NFL at 43 and it was not even close with the next most combined divisional wins at were the AFCE at 37 and the AFCN at 38.

Didn't mention NFCE in my post because they were the only bright spot for the NFC. We'll see how the NFC stacks up against the AFC this year.

Cowboys not making the playoffs is bold because they are building something there, don't think they'll go backwards.

Old 06-20-2023, 06:52 AM

8,981 posts, read 17,302,746 times
Jaguars go 15-2 and make it to the AFC Championship game. Lose to the 10-7 NY Jets in overtime.

Old 06-20-2023, 07:34 AM

4,401 posts, read 4,299,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
Ok, shame on all of you for not including the NY Giants in the playoffs. They were just there and coming back to take it up a notch. IMHO, Giants can split with Philly during the season to make the NFC East interesting.
I could see the Giants making it again. I just think this is the year the Cowboys mess it up. Eagles will still be in the mix though they could take a bit of a step back. The wild card in the division is the Commanders. Nobody knows what to expect with Howell. Call me crazy but I could totally see the division being

1. Eagles 2. Giants 3. Commanders 4. Cowboys

Old 06-20-2023, 07:44 AM

7,595 posts, read 6,093,125 times
I already made my WAY WAY too early Picks
5 Cowboys Falter, Fat Mike McCarthy is the reason, it is hard to eat and call plays at the same time...He gets Canned, Dan Quinn gets promoted and the Cowboys make it to the NFC Championship the following year

1 Panthers win a weak NFC South, my son and I attend the New Years Eve Game, tailgating and dressed as Saints Pirates, the Succaneers are hopelessly out of playoff contention by that time.

3 Nah The CHEFS are too good

4 I sure hope not, but if it does, following past patterns, it will be because of injuries, because 1 the conditioning coach fails and 2 the coordinators create plays that ask too much of a human body (even a superhuman athletic one) and this leads to an increase in injuries, which have hurt the Nevermore Ravens recently

2 Seriously ?????

That is one of the 5 worst run franchises in the NFL and 10 worst in professional sports

How about 3rd place? or last ?

Old 06-20-2023, 09:09 AM

17,599 posts, read 15,279,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerbro View Post
What are some bold predictions you have for the upcoming NFL season?

1.NFC South has two teams in the playoffs.

2. Dolphins win the AFC East

3. Chiefs don't make it past the divisional round.

4. Ravens and Lamar Jackson disappoint after his contract. Ravens finish dead last in the AFC North. (Hope I'm wrong but I have a sneaky feeling)

5. Cowboys miss the playoffs.

1) Who? I don't see this one. Saints are the most likely. But you've got Atlanta and Carolina with (more or less) rookie QBs. And then Tampa where.. I presume that Kyle Trask will wind up starting at least a few games due to either injury or Mayfield being benched.

2) Better hope for an ACL injury to Josh Allen.

3) Possible. I mean, we don't know how the playoffs will be seeded, so..

4) This one is the most likely in my eyes. people get paid and.. Performance often goes down.

5) Push this one to 2024. Cowboys win the division this year to keep the streak of no repeat winners of the NFC East going, but make, yet another, first round playoff exit.

Things I'll say

1) Regression from Daniel Jones. Giants miss the playoffs.

2) A better year for the Broncos, but, they still miss the playoffs

3) The Lions win the NFC Central.

Old 06-20-2023, 09:48 AM

Lions, more so than the Vikings, are the team I think is more likely to win the North.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football