Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2023, 07:53 PM

9,777 posts, read 7,499,922 times

Advertisements

I'll join in, 1 not quite so bold and 1 really bold:

1) I don't think it's that bold, but the AFC North is one of the most competitive divisions and I guess any team can finish in first or last but.....Lamar Jackson ends up playing a full season and the Ravens win the division and win the Super Bowl.

2) The Bears make the playoffs. The NFC North is completely wide open now. Everyone's picking the Lions and rightfully so, but I think the Bears can have a good season especially if Fields stays upright and puts up gaudy numbers which I think he does. The Packers are the complete unknown; does anyone really know anything about Jordan Love?? At least Rogers played at a power 5 school in California so at least he was a somewhat known quantity, how many national TV appearances did Jordan Love have at Utah State?? And the Vikings are the biggest yo-yo; Cousins can look like the best QB one week, and than the next week can look like the worst QB, week 3 go back to looking like the best, and than week 4 go back to looking like a high school freshmen QB. And than in the Wildcard I just look around and see where openings are: The NFC East will beat each other up to a pulp, I'd expect 1 Wildcard out of that division but 2 or even 3 is a stretch. The NFC South could be the worst division in the league where the winner may not even finish .500. And than going to the West: The Cardinals look like the worst team in the league so no competition from then; The Niners look like one the best teams in the NFC, so I'd think they win the division, and I don't think Seattle has another renaissance season from Geno. So......why not the Bears in the playoffs??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2023, 09:32 PM

17,616 posts, read 15,327,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
I'll join in, 1 not quite so bold and 1 really bold:

1) I don't think it's that bold, but the AFC North is one of the most competitive divisions and I guess any team can finish in first or last but.....Lamar Jackson ends up playing a full season and the Ravens win the division and win the Super Bowl.

2) The Bears make the playoffs. The NFC North is completely wide open now. Everyone's picking the Lions and rightfully so, but I think the Bears can have a good season especially if Fields stays upright and puts up gaudy numbers which I think he does. The Packers are the complete unknown; does anyone really know anything about Jordan Love?? At least Rogers played at a power 5 school in California so at least he was a somewhat known quantity, how many national TV appearances did Jordan Love have at Utah State?? And the Vikings are the biggest yo-yo; Cousins can look like the best QB one week, and than the next week can look like the worst QB, week 3 go back to looking like the best, and than week 4 go back to looking like a high school freshmen QB. And than in the Wildcard I just look around and see where openings are: The NFC East will beat each other up to a pulp, I'd expect 1 Wildcard out of that division but 2 or even 3 is a stretch. The NFC South could be the worst division in the league where the winner may not even finish .500. And than going to the West: The Cardinals look like the worst team in the league so no competition from then; The Niners look like one the best teams in the NFC, so I'd think they win the division, and I don't think Seattle has another renaissance season from Geno. So......why not the Bears in the playoffs??

1) Now THAT is a bold statement in my eyes!

2) Another Justin Fields Kool-Aid drinker? I just don't see what you all see. I'm not saying you're wrong.. I just think you're wrong. I just don't see it. Hell of an athlete. No denying that. But.. So was RG3. Fields seems more like JaMarcus Russell to me than Russell Wilson.

ok.. That last part was overly harsh.

Old 09-11-2023, 03:46 PM

26,233 posts, read 49,118,040 times
A general comment: Browns right tackle Jack Conklin is out for the season after tearing both the ACL and MCL in his left knee in yesterday's game with the Bengals. Ouch, one game and out for the season.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 09-11-2023, 06:39 PM

14,333 posts, read 14,643,316 times
So......why not the Bears in the playoffs??

This was a bold statement, no doubt, title of the thread, Bold! Whelp, yesterday's game showed they aren't playoff ready. Fields doesn't look like he's made a 2nd year jump.

Old 09-12-2023, 04:28 PM

So.. Figured we'd keep this topic going for the year, just.. It is 'general comments'..

With the injury to Rodgers, and.. Honestly, REALLY crappy QB play in Week 1..

Does anyone have the thought that.. You know.. Maybe the QBs should get some more reps during preseason games?

I don't know that it would have prevented the Rodgers injury.. But.. There were quite a few QBs that seemed to have quite a bit of rust on them opening weekend.

Old 09-12-2023, 05:46 PM

14,333 posts, read 14,643,316 times
Million dollar question, with many pros and cons. AR claimed he didn't need it, played in preseason before LaFleur arrived, after that no more. He was MVP in '20 and '21, who was going to tell him what to do? 2022 was a mess of a season, I felt bad for the rookies, they did o.k. but AR didn't help them. Had to be tough for them to see how he embraced the young players for the Jets. Jordan Love spent time with them this summer and with his RBs.

Old 09-12-2023, 07:17 PM

3,267 posts, read 5,642,283 times
On the QB comments. I think slow starts are directly related to little to no preseason playing by the starters. I'd think they all, or at least majority, practice off and on with their receivers all year. I know Dak had an artificial turf field put in at his house for this reason. Not a full 100 yard field but I think it's 60 yards.

Practice speed and game speed are way different. And offense in general is very coordinated and that game speed comes into play again.

Old 09-12-2023, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Million dollar question, with many pros and cons. AR claimed he didn't need it, played in preseason before LaFleur arrived, after that no more. He was MVP in '20 and '21, who was going to tell him what to do? 2022 was a mess of a season, I felt bad for the rookies, they did o.k. but AR didn't help them. Had to be tough for them to see how he embraced the young players for the Jets. Jordan Love spent time with them this summer and with his RBs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
On the QB comments. I think slow starts are directly related to little to no preseason playing by the starters. I'd think they all, or at least majority, practice off and on with their receivers all year. I know Dak had an artificial turf field put in at his house for this reason. Not a full 100 yard field but I think it's 60 yards.

Practice speed and game speed are way different. And offense in general is very coordinated and that game speed comes into play again.

you're both right. I mean.. Look.. What if Rodgers had snapped his achilles in the first preseason game? Everyone would be calling for Saleh's head on a platter. And would probably get it.

But.. Take Daniel Jones. Played maybe 2 series in one preseason game. Might he have been helped by a little more time? What about Dak.. He.. Didn't NEED to play great, but he didn't. He didn't play a down all preseason.

I think.. You probably have to listen to your QB. Let him put in the time he thinks he needs. And.. Yes, the risk of injury is a risk that maybe.. must be taken.

Old 09-15-2023, 08:38 AM

78,552 posts, read 60,762,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
So many split opinions on the Bills. From missing the playoffs entirely to winning the Super Bowl. I can't recall a team in recent memory with so many split opinions.
It may be their schedule looks a little tougher than others have and all it takes is a couple close games to flip a 10-7 into a 8-9 (just as an example).

Put them in a different AFC division and it might look more optimistic.

Old 09-15-2023, 08:41 AM

78,552 posts, read 60,762,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
So......why not the Bears in the playoffs??

This was a bold statement, no doubt, title of the thread, Bold! Whelp, yesterday's game showed they aren't playoff ready. Fields doesn't look like he's made a 2nd year jump.
Yeah, like I've mentioned *nobody* I know of Bear fans was thinking that. Just looking for progress in a rebuild with a lot of good draft picks upcoming.

We'll get to see some more of the best division in the NFC in action coming up this weekend, hopefully they'll have wiped off all the butter the Vikings must have had smeared all over their ball last night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football