Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2023, 07:31 AM

7,593 posts, read 6,080,049 times

Advertisements

My son and I have 2 vouchers (450 each) On Delta that we have to use by Dec 31. These are refunds from an even that was cancelled during the covid crisis years ago. The will expire at the end of the year.

I got the wild idea that we should take a weekend in October or November (not Halloween weekend) and fly somewhere and go to a Football game.

Now of course, the Steelers or Packers come to mind. Seeing a home game there would be an NFL bucket list event,although I would rather go in December to Green bay and Decembers here are pretty busy.

Still, there are a few other reasons to consider other teams:
Seahawks: Future HOF coach, never been to Seattle. Fun place maybe to spend a weekend. My son can tour the Boeing factory . OH and they have weed
Broncos: I hate them, but Denver is a great city now that they legalized weed and they are reopening CASA BONITA, which is worth a trip there just for that. Fun city to hang out in.
Raiders Always love Vegas although we go late Jan or March every year for my son's photo shoot. Always wanted to dress up in SIlver and Black as though I were attending a KISS Concert. Vegas is always fun anytime. Oh and they have weed.
ALSO to CONSIDER
Lions The advantage here would be to go early Go across to Toronto and see the Argonauts on Friday or Saturday then the Detroit Rock City Lions on Sunday. Weed is legal in Michigan and Canada
Browns while they have been dropped to second tier on the favorites list, seeing a game in an old-school town next to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame could be fun. However, we went through there several years ago, stopped at Dave and Busters, but the highlight of the trip was Canton and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and all the Chargers jokes we made that day. A plus would be to go early, like September, when the MAC still plays on Saturdays and see a college game in person.

Probably not Saints (been there and since my brother cannot travel this year no fun without him) Pesky Red Birds (Done years ago) Falcons (done years ago as well)

Definitely not anything in Texas, California, The upper Northeast (my wife would be mad that we are going without her and she hates football) anything in driving distance (Jacksonville, Miami Atlanta etc)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2023, 11:37 AM

3,942 posts, read 2,338,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
I spoke with my son abut the idea of premiering a You Tube channel for weekly NFL commentary. He and his friend have moved up into videography, making music videos for local up and coming musicians. So he has access to all the editing equipment, and we already have the green screen and video equipment here. However, he is not keen on the whole CAT idea, which he refers to as "Furries" and looks down on adults who dress as animals for cosplay. I tried to explain that the cat character is essential to anonymity as well as the gimmack of the program, so he is saying he will go along with it.

NOW the challenge is coming up with Jokes and segments that
1 Do not talk about the obesity and eating habits of Mike McCarthy
2Do not reference the Skid Row Los Angeles situation or that team there that I hate
and
3 Make no reference to the fact that MY FINZ have an inept front office because outside of myself and a few others. no one else seems to really care.
I'll tune in. Especially if you have the cat suit on. You gotta have fun with it.

Old 07-14-2023, 03:03 PM

17,567 posts, read 15,226,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
I'll tune in. Especially if you have the cat suit on. You gotta have fun with it.

Just don't rob any banks afterwards like the Chiefs fan.

Old 07-25-2023, 08:42 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,600,762 times
My bold prediction for this season is that the KC Chiefs will be the first team since the 2003-04 NE Patriots to win back to back Super Bowls. Not many teams have done it, however this Chiefs team will certainly be capable.

Old 07-25-2023, 04:25 PM

1,977 posts, read 967,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star691 View Post
My bold prediction for this season is that the KC Chiefs will be the first team since the 2003-04 NE Patriots to win back to back Super Bowls. Not many teams have done it, however this Chiefs team will certainly be capable.
They have a difficult schedule, but as long as they get in the playoffs, they definitely have a shot.

Old 07-25-2023, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star691 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggermatt15 View Post
They have a difficult schedule, but as long as they get in the playoffs, they definitely have a shot.

Apparently Justyn Ross is likely to make the team.. Whether he starts or not.. Probably depends on whether he can stay healthy.

If he can.. Watch this kid. He's something special. And the Chiefs got him for a steal. UFA. If he stays healthy.. Every other team in the league will be ticked they didn't spend a draft pick on him.

I do keep saying "If he can stay healthy" because.. That's the big question. He's been fairly fragile.

Old 07-26-2023, 09:03 AM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
That Justin Herbert deal is um, pretty big for a guy with no playoff wins and rates roughly around the top 10 bubble in the league.

Charges really betting the farm there that he's turning a corner to more Tier 1 QB status.

Old 07-26-2023, 01:56 PM

4,394 posts, read 4,281,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
That Justin Herbert deal is um, pretty big for a guy with no playoff wins and rates roughly around the top 10 bubble in the league.

Charges really betting the farm there that he's turning a corner to more Tier 1 QB status.
He's gotta be top 5 atm. My top 10 QB list would probably be.

1. Patrick Mahomes
2. Joe Burrow
3. Jalen Hurts
4. Josh Allen
5. Justin Herbert
6. Trevor Lawrence
7. Aaron Rodgers
8. Lamar Jackson
9. Geno Smith
10. Jared Goff

Those last two are surprising but I think it's accurate.

Old 07-26-2023, 03:57 PM

1,977 posts, read 967,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

Right! Herbert, Lamar Jackson make more than Mahomes and each has won nothing.

Old 07-26-2023, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggermatt15 View Post
Right! Herbert, Lamar Jackson make more than Mahomes and each has won nothing.
I think you put Herbert on those Chiefs teams, he has ABOUT the same success of Mahomes.

Jackson? No. Because the backup would have played so many games.

Mahomes has certainly benefited from those around him. Every QB does, but, Mahomes supporting cast has been top notch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football