Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2023, 09:23 PM

17,574 posts, read 15,247,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggermatt15 View Post
He hasn't really shown a ton of upside. I can't expect the 49ers to think they are going to get a lot back for him.

A third at best? I mean, he's a former #3 overall and only a couple of years ago at that. And.. Has played in. 6 games? Ok, i'm close. 8 games, starting 4. I hit in the middle.

I'd say a third is tops.. probably more a 4th. He's a reclamation project at this point. Someone like Atlanta probably would have pounced before they signed Heinicke.

Remember.. Rosen commanded a second and fifth. So, perhaps I'm underestimating the value he could command..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2023, 08:07 AM

1,982 posts, read 971,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
A third at best? I mean, he's a former #3 overall and only a couple of years ago at that. And.. Has played in. 6 games? Ok, i'm close. 8 games, starting 4. I hit in the middle.

I'd say a third is tops.. probably more a 4th. He's a reclamation project at this point. Someone like Atlanta probably would have pounced before they signed Heinicke.

Remember.. Rosen commanded a second and fifth. So, perhaps I'm underestimating the value he could command..
Based on what he's shown, I agree. I certainly would not give a first or second for Lance. There has to be team(s) will to take him on and give him a chance. That is a good size risk. The upside is he is athletic, quick, and could be a dual threat.

Old 08-25-2023, 05:33 PM

14,321 posts, read 14,616,693 times
Labonte is right, Cowboys gave up a 4th for Trey Lance, he's off to Dallas. They have 3 QBs on their roster right now, Grier and Rush behind Dak. I thought he might go to the Vikings, they need a replacement for Kirk one of these days.

Old 08-28-2023, 12:20 PM

Oh, my.

The QB's wife complaining about the team..

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ell-young-rams

NOT a good sign.

Old 08-28-2023, 04:37 PM

I thought that was a little bit much, Stafford needs to make an effort. In spite of AR's rep for his body language over dropped passes, there are numerous reports, rookies saying he'd sit with them at lunch. He'd ask them questions about interests, remember birthdays, etc.! Around the building he made an effort to get to know them. I'm hearing he does the same with the Jets players. Stafford needs to reach out to them.

Old 08-29-2023, 03:52 AM

3,734 posts, read 2,558,693 times
Quote:
Oh, my.

The Stafford family complaints are probably accurate.. but not really sympathetic.

It's very common to struggle with relating to young (often obnoxious) co-workers. But so what, food service managers have to learn it, military officers, teachers, etc. All kinds of professions are tasked with handling younger subordinates, wards, & co-workers. When the wife of a multimillionaire athlete is doin' it; it's not gonna gain much sympathy. It sounds petty..

Old 08-29-2023, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
The Stafford family complaints are probably accurate.. but not really sympathetic.

It's very common to struggle with relating to young (often obnoxious) co-workers. But so what, food service managers have to learn it, military officers, teachers, etc. All kinds of professions are tasked with handling younger subordinates, wards, & co-workers. When the wife of a multimillionaire athlete is doin' it; it's not gonna gain much sympathy. It sounds petty..

Don't care if they are accurate. You don't have the wife saying anything about it.

Old 09-04-2023, 09:59 AM

4,606 posts, read 2,996,667 times
Quote:
Oh, my.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3...ell-young-rams
NOT a good sign.
Once the season starts, and fans have games to talk about,
these kind of stories will fade away.

Old 09-09-2023, 07:57 AM

Not usually a fan of Bucky Brooks, NFLN, but his sleeper pick is the Packers. More interesting is his paper tiger, Bills.

For some reason I'm seeing more of this around the internet lately, is it click bait fodder, or is there some truth?

https://www.nfl.com/news/aaron-rodge...ls-look-like-p

Old 09-09-2023, 09:05 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,615,450 times
So many split opinions on the Bills. From missing the playoffs entirely to winning the Super Bowl. I can't recall a team in recent memory with so many split opinions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football