Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2016, 09:34 AM

5,644 posts, read 13,243,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Arizona would have to decide to give up on Palmer first. A possibility but not a guarantee. Plus, does he want to play Seattle's defense twice a year?
Does Romo want to face the Patriots twice a year?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2016, 09:50 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,631,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Does Romo want to face the Patriots twice a year?
The question is regarding Romo staying healthy not winning or losing the game. Pats defense is not as disruptive as Seattle's.

Old 12-10-2016, 04:55 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,243,591 times
Quote:
The question is regarding Romo staying healthy not winning or losing the game. Pats defense is not as disruptive as Seattle's.
Romo can't stay healthy in a stiff breeze....did you see the "hit" that knocked him out for most of this season?

Romo needs to retire....

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/76899...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

Old 12-10-2016, 05:15 PM

Well hopefully we will get a chance to see him in live action for at least four quarters this year. If he holds up in that game and has an entire off season to get even healthier I will like his chances are even more.

Old 12-11-2016, 08:50 AM

Quote:
I've decided that the Bills must at least go 3-3 in these next six games. Don't care how or who the wins come against, just go at least 3-3. With the Jags thrown in there, I'm basically asking them to go 2-3, a losing record against above average teams. If the Bills want to salvage the season and have a realistic shot at the postseason as the final three games come to play, they have to at least beat 2 out of 5 good teams and the Jags. Then you just lay it all out for the final three games and see where your record puts you at the end of the season.
Bumping me post from back in October. By the way, do the Bills EVER do better than .500 between the last week in October and the first week of December!? I swear that time period we are always a game below .500 at best and it's usually what costs us

Anyhow, some seven weeks ago I said we needed to go 3-3 over the next six games and we would still be very much in the playoff hunt. Looks like that can still be the case, question is, can we get past that final team, Pittsburgh, today?

We had very good chances to beat the Seahawks (final drive) and the Raiders (up 15 in the third quarter) both on the road. But it was not to be. It does turn out as well that the Bengals continue to be a poor team this year, so in reality we haven't beaten a single good team during this six game stretch. Today would be the first good team win all year if we can pull it out (not counting the first Pats game of course).

Old 12-11-2016, 10:11 AM

Wanted to do this before this game because if I wait till after it might be pointless.

1. With both Baltimore and Pittsburgh at 7-5, assuming Bills must win out and finish 10-6 to make the final wild card, should Baltimore lose Monday night at New England, Bills will be guaranteed to pass at least one of them in the playoff standings when the Pittsburgh and Baltimore play each other later in the year.

2. Should Miami lose today at home against the Cardinals, Bills will be guaranteed to surpass Miami in the playoff standings when they play their final head to head in Buffalo on Christmas Eve.

The first two are important because I believe the Bills cannot afford to end in a three way tie breaker. The tiebreaking procedures changes between 2 and 3 teams and I don't believe the Bills would do well with them. Now if the above does not happen today, there are still of course three more weeks for Balt/Pitt and Miami to drop down to 9-7 so not the end of the world.

3. The biggest obstacle (besides the Bills winning four straight) by far is surpassing Denver. The good news, they have probably the toughest schedule reaming in the NFL. Tenn, New England, KC, Oakland. However, we either need them to lose 3 or 4 and fall to 9-7 or finish 10-6 but they would have to specifically lose to New England and Oakland because at 10-6 we would beat them on the common games tie breaker 3-2 to 2-3. If they finish 10-6 by losing to only one of those two teams we would have a tied common games record and would lose out to Denver on the next tie breaker which is SOV. Denver's game against Tennessee today is big simply because if they lose to the Titans today it gives us that extra option where they just need to lose any two of their final three games rather than having to specifically lose to both Oakland and New England.

Old 12-11-2016, 12:05 PM

2,286 posts, read 2,012,702 times
Bills should feel lucky to be in this game. They could easily be down 28-7 by now.

Old 12-11-2016, 02:55 PM

Big Ben did his best to give this game to us. Bell was excellent and won it for Pitt. This season is now officially over.

Old 12-11-2016, 06:29 PM

6,458 posts, read 4,956,227 times
Blame runs deep: Bills failings fall at more feet than Rex Ryan's - The Buffalo News

Unless the Pegulas do a clean sweep I don't care what they do

Old 12-13-2016, 08:44 AM

6,458 posts, read 4,956,227 times
Chris Hogan catches game clinching TD pass and we let him walk. We want to keep this front office and it will be more of the same ad infinitum. They hired Rex and gave him a 5 year guaranteed contract.

Chris Hogan, Patriots' offense making most of short-handed situation - New England Patriots Blog- ESPN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football