Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2021, 08:22 PM

6,725 posts, read 6,724,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
Apples to oranges. The entire point is Jimmy has no choice, all things considered, but to be 'reasonable'. Is anyone confident he can stay healthy?
He bulked up in the offseason and has a bonfire under hit ass right now. He'll be playing through some injuries he's sat for in the past if he wants to be an NFL QB in 2022.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2021, 09:02 PM

8,662 posts, read 3,863,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseGoTo11 View Post
He bulked up in the offseason and has a bonfire under hit ass right now. He'll be playing through some injuries he's sat for in the past if he wants to be an NFL QB in 2022.
Except staying healthy isn't the only issue relative to his future; and he wouldn't have missed ten games last season (after having missed thirteen in the two seasons prior, combined) if it wasn't necessary relative to his multiple injuries i.e. ankle, torn ACL in 2018 and so on.

Old 07-10-2021, 05:10 PM

683 posts, read 853,146 times
Quote:
Apples to oranges. The entire point is Jimmy has no choice, all things considered, but to be 'reasonable'. Is anyone confident he can stay healthy?
At this point. Honestly no. He plays one year. Out the next. Two season ending injuries in four years sparked the Niners to move on. He's a winner when healthy though. I just hope he plays long enough for Trey to get used to the NFL speed. Lance will definitely not sit the whole time. They will have packages for him throughout games.

Old 07-10-2021, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deboinair View Post
He's a winner when healthy though.
Yeah, point being - he hasn't been able to prove he's a winner in terms of consistency (because he can't stay healthy). It will be interesting to see how it plays out as there appears to be (at least some) division/disagreement (how to proceed Jimmy vs. Trey) between Shanahan, York, and Lynch - particularly relative to Shanahan.

Old 07-11-2021, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Yeah, point being - he hasn't been able to prove he's a winner in terms of consistency (because he can't stay healthy). It will be interesting to see how it plays out as there appears to be (at least some) division/disagreement (how to proceed Jimmy vs. Trey) between Shanahan, York, and Lynch - particularly relative to Shanahan.
I don't expect Jimmy to be a healthy player. He's made out of glass at this point. I think people forget that he was winning when he played at NE, but then got hurt. Smh.

It wouldn't be wise to just throw Trey in there. Let Jimmy start. Design some packages for Trey so he can get used to the speed of the NFL. I like the Bill Walsh philosophy of sitting a QB a season. There is a high chance that Trey is the starter during the season due to Jimmy being injury prone.

The scenario I'd like to see is Jimmy balls out this season and is trade bait and Trey takes over next season.

Old 07-11-2021, 10:07 PM

Quote:
I don't expect Jimmy to be a healthy player. He's made out of glass at this point.
No one does; hence the reason for my previous point i.e. Jimmy had no choice but to be 'reasonable' re: his 'public face'/Lance signing.

Quote:
It wouldn't be wise to just throw Trey in there. Let Jimmy start.
Obviously, no one would expect Lance to be thrown in; and the Niners need Jimmy to start (and do well) in terms of his trade value. That said, Shanahan's opinion is no secret.

Old 07-13-2021, 12:42 PM

6,725 posts, read 6,724,376 times
Quote:
No one does; hence the reason for my previous point i.e. Jimmy had no choice but to be 'reasonable' re: his 'public face'/Lance signing.

Obviously, no one would expect Lance to be thrown in; and the Niners need Jimmy to start (and do well) in terms of his trade value. That said, Shanahan's opinion is no secret.
Also why Kyle is bringing in a bunch of QBs to battle for the 3rd string spot. Next year will be a boon though because Jimmy's contract will likely be off the books (and it's only about $2M in dead money) and Lance will still be on his rookie contract.

Old 07-14-2021, 05:08 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,596,420 times
Anyone else wondering what Sherman was thinking?

Old 07-17-2021, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
Anyone else wondering what Sherman was thinking?
I think it's a combination of things. For one, I really do beleive CTE is real. But I could him imagine him being very depressed due to the reality that his career is pretty much done. I know a lot of athletes go through that. Think about it. You were at the top most of your career, now age and injuries caught up to. It must be devastating. Also home life could be a little stressful also. All of this is a recipe for someone to snap.

Old 07-17-2021, 11:25 AM

6,292 posts, read 10,596,420 times
Quote:
I think it's a combination of things. For one, I really do beleive CTE is real. But I could him imagine him being very depressed due to the reality that his career is pretty much done. I know a lot of athletes go through that. Think about it. You were at the top most of your career, now age and injuries caught up to. It must be devastating. Also home life could be a little stressful also. All of this is a recipe for someone to snap.
After reading about the earlier self protection order, his suicidal ideation, and everything else that was going on I really think his intent was to die that night. I think he knew his father in law had a gun and was hoping he’d kill him. I also believe CTE has a real role to play in his behavior. Such a tragic end for someone who has done a lot of good for his community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football