Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2022, 08:03 PM

8,685 posts, read 3,879,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakadinhi View Post
So do you believe the Cowboys are equal to the Niners competitively as a team, being that the line indicates just that by opening as 3 point favorites (with the 3 points being HF advantage) ?
I don’t think either team will be the Conference Champ. That said, I do think the Cowboys are beatable and would much rather face them this weekend than the Rams or Bucs. The Niners are a better team overall than their (last-minute) wildcard standing suggests; and, on the other hand, the Cowboys are the most penalized team in the league i.e. they tend to be undisciplined and sloppy, particularly under pressure. All one need do is see how the Niners performed in their last game of the season, against an arguably better team than the Cowboys, despite Jimmy’s thumb and a (beyond) miserable first half.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2022, 03:54 AM

449 posts, read 195,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
They must know that cheeseburger McCarthy is going to go deer in the headlights when it's still a 1 possession game with 5 minutes to play.

LOL ...!!

Old 01-14-2022, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
I don’t think either team will be the Conference Champ. That said, I do think the Cowboys are beatable and would much rather face them this weekend than the Rams or Bucs. The Niners are a better team overall than their (last-minute) wildcard standing suggests; and, on the other hand, the Cowboys are the most penalized team in the league i.e. they tend to be undisciplined and sloppy, particularly under pressure. All one need do is see how the Niners performed in their last game of the season, against an arguably better team than the Cowboys, despite Jimmy’s thumb and a (beyond) miserable first half.

Here's a useless stat/trend ....

Since 1998 in the wildcard round, games with a SOS disparity of 10 or more positions, the team with the harder SOS is 26-10 S/U regardless of the spread.

#3 Dallas
#14 San Francisco

I hope it's 26-11 after this game ....

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/ran...ength-by-other

Old 01-16-2022, 04:12 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,606,279 times
I hope Willis and Bosa are okay. Shout out to Kittle for the bad word before halftime

Old 01-16-2022, 06:35 PM

8,685 posts, read 3,879,665 times
Quote:
If there’s an upset to be had this weekend, it’s the Niners.:-)
Quote:
That said, I do think the Cowboys are beatable and would much rather face them this weekend than the Rams or Bucs. The Niners are a better team overall than their (last-minute) wildcard standing suggests; and, on the other hand, the Cowboys are the most penalized team in the league i.e. they tend to be undisciplined and sloppy, particularly under pressure.
YEAH! Niners win! :-) Thanks to Dallas for proving me right (above) re: their lack of discipline/penalties. Our season extends (at least) another week, although admittedly I’m doubtful SF can beat Green Bay (particularly considering the Packers are coming off their first-round bye).

Last edited by CorporateCowboy; 01-16-2022 at 06:36 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 01-16-2022, 09:56 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,551,747 times
Quote:
YEAH! Niners win! :-) Thanks to Dallas for proving me right (above) re: their lack of discipline/penalties. Our season extends (at least) another week, although admittedly I’m doubtful SF can beat Green Bay (particularly considering the Packers are coming off their first-round bye).

You're probably right, but I'm happy no matter what happens now.....all of the teams that could go one up or two up on the Niners in total Super Bowl wins are gone.

If Green Bay beats the Niners, I hope Green Bay loses in the NFC Championship game.

I'd like to see the Niners play Arizona in the NFC Championship game and the winner of that game play one of the three non Super Bowl winning AFC teams...Bills, Bengals, or Titans...in the Super Bowl.

Old 01-16-2022, 10:11 PM

Quote:

We all know the "higher ups" don't care for A-Rod .... and they want that Tommy vs. Jimmy match up for the audience get together .... let's hope the refs don't disappoint ...

Old 01-16-2022, 10:41 PM

Quote:
We all know the "higher ups" don't care for A-Rod .... and they want that Tommy vs. Jimmy match up for the audience get together .... let's hope the refs don't disappoint ...

Alex Smith is a nice guy, but I still think one of the three worst things that has happened re the Niners in the Super Bowl era was drafting Smith instead of Rodgers (the other two things....becoming a 'York team' (as an end result) because of Eddie D's gambling industry idiocy....and Craig's fumble in the 1990 Season NFC Championship Game that essentially kept the Niners from going for a three-peat)

Old 01-17-2022, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Alex Smith is a nice guy, but I still think one of the three worst things that has happened re the Niners in the Super Bowl era was drafting Smith instead of Rodgers (the other two things....becoming a 'York team' (as an end result) because of Eddie D's gambling industry idiocy....and Craig's fumble in the 1990 Season NFC Championship Game that essentially kept the Niners from going for a three-peat)
Agreed ... though hindsight is as they say ....

Do you think A Rod would be as good if he didn't sit behind Favre for 3 years and was thrown into the frying pan coming in as Smith was ...?

Mahomes said this about Smith :

“I attribute a lot of my early success to Alex, the way he was able to be a pro every single day and the way he was able to go about not only being a great football player but a great human being,” Mahomes said. “It showed me a ton. I learned a lot about how to read coverages and blitzes from him. He gave me a blueprint of how to go about a week and preparing yourself. It showed me how to have success at an early point in my career that I don’t think I would have gotten anywhere else.”

Old 01-17-2022, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Agreed ... though hindsight is as they say ....

Do you think A Rod would be as good if he didn't sit behind Favre for 3 years and was thrown into the frying pan coming in as Smith was ...?

Mahomes said this about Smith :

“I attribute a lot of my early success to Alex, the way he was able to be a pro every single day and the way he was able to go about not only being a great football player but a great human being,” Mahomes said. “It showed me a ton. I learned a lot about how to read coverages and blitzes from him. He gave me a blueprint of how to go about a week and preparing yourself. It showed me how to have success at an early point in my career that I don’t think I would have gotten anywhere else.”

The bolded occurred to me before I posted, and I think the 49ers still would have been better off picking A Rod.

Mahomes' comment is very interesting though.

I like this Houston Chronicle reporter's razzing of the Cowboys in the wake of the loss :

https://www.chron.com/sports/texans/...y-16781162.php
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football