Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2022, 01:43 PM

732 posts, read 406,849 times

Advertisements

lifelong Niner fan here.

The defenses will figure him out soon. I just hope he stays poised and stays within the scope of work he's been charged to manage, ie play like Trent Dilfer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2022, 10:10 AM

8,658 posts, read 3,853,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
Say what you want about garapolo, but while not a great quarterback, he does win a lot of games.
Football is a team sport; that said, Garoppolo was one of the highest-paid/best second-string QBs in the League (relative to potential bonuses/games won in which he played).

Old 12-24-2022, 08:07 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,925,121 times
Geez, so is Brock Purdy the most underrated QB ever, and bound for stardom, and that much better than Jimmy G? Or did the offense just revamp the play calling for Purdy? Or are they running same plays as Jimmy G?

Old 12-24-2022, 09:54 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,613,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Geez, so is Brock Purdy the most underrated QB ever, and bound for stardom, and that much better than Jimmy G? Or did the offense just revamp the play calling for Purdy? Or are they running same plays as Jimmy G?
Too early to say. He's off to a good start but he's not being asked to do a lot. In his three starts he has attempted 21, 26 and 22 passes. Those are pretty low numbers in today's NFL but the 49ers managed score over 30 points in two of those games.

His worst game, statistically, was the first game he played meaningful action but didn't start. And it was a game where he was asked to do a lot more. Attempting 37 passes. But even then, it wasn't a terrible game as he finished with an 88 passer rating and 54 QBR. He's just been much more efficient in these three wins where he hasn't had to throw nearly as much.

Old 12-24-2022, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Too early to say. He's off to a good start but he's not being asked to do a lot. In his three starts he has attempted 21, 26 and 22 passes. Those are pretty low numbers in today's NFL but the 49ers managed score over 30 points in two of those games.

His worst game, statistically, was the first game he played meaningful action but didn't start. And it was a game where he was asked to do a lot more. Attempting 37 passes. But even then, it wasn't a terrible game as he finished with an 88 passer rating and 54 QBR. He's just been much more efficient in these three wins where he hasn't had to throw nearly as much.
Ok, I only watch highlights. I like Jimmy G. I hope he does not lose his job and stays in SF.

Old 12-25-2022, 08:33 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,860,814 times
Quote:
Ok, I only watch highlights. I like Jimmy G. I hope he does not lose his job and stays in SF.
I like Jimmy G too, but barring a really bad performance from Purdy or injury, there is no way SF would risk removing him as the starter (and replacing him with Jimmy G who hasn’t played in over a month), with all the momentum and chemistry he currently has with the team.

It’s actually a great situation for the Niners. Ride the hot QB for the playoff run, and if things somehow do fall apart, you have a solid veteran option in Jimmy G waiting in the wings.

Old 12-25-2022, 10:04 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,613,288 times
Quote:
He's as good as gone if Purdy keeps up his level of play. A dirt cheap QB playing at a top 15 level is a gold mine in today's NFL.

Old 12-25-2022, 10:34 AM

1,977 posts, read 967,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
I like Jimmy G too, but barring a really bad performance from Purdy or injury, there is no way SF would risk removing him as the starter (and replacing him with Jimmy G who hasn’t played in over a month), with all the momentum and chemistry he currently has with the team.

It’s actually a great situation for the Niners. Ride the hot QB for the playoff run, and if things somehow do fall apart, you have a solid veteran option in Jimmy G waiting in the wings.
This.

Old 12-25-2022, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post

Well, I hear Jimmy is out for the season because of the injury.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
He's as good as gone if Purdy keeps up his level of play. A dirt cheap QB playing at a top 15 level is a gold mine in today's NFL.
Well, like you state, Purdy is not a proven commodity. But I guess Jimmy G is going to want more money. I believe this is his final year.

Old 12-26-2022, 09:10 AM

1,977 posts, read 967,445 times
Quote:
Well, I hear Jimmy is out for the season because of the injury.

Well, like you state, Purdy is not a proven commodity. But I guess Jimmy G is going to want more money. I believe this is his final year.
I'd say not worth it. Roll with Purdy or Trey Lance when he returns from injury.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football