Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 11:43 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,732,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I wouldn't call it a scam, but troll. With that said, if anyone is interested in purchasing the Brooklyn bridge please pm me by 8pm for the deal of the century! Now back to our regular scheduled programming of "I have mommy issues".
I agree, that "troll" seems more accurate. One of the things that I do appreciate about even "troll" posts, is that there can still be valid, important issues brought up. BTW....still considering that bridge.

....and babies? Uh huh....can't say no.

Old 05-15-2013, 11:52 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,208,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
I agree, that "troll" seems more accurate. One of the things that I do appreciate about even "troll" posts, is that there can still be valid, important issues brought up. BTW....still considering that bridge.

....and babies? Uh huh....can't say no.
Sorry, not for sale to you, lady, or any other friend. We do often get people pulling our legs on this forum. The nature of the net I guess. And yes, babEH! She just threw up on me lol. Now she's sleeping and I smell bad.

Old 05-15-2013, 04:45 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,732,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Sorry, not for sale to you, lady, or any other friend. We do often get people pulling our legs on this forum. The nature of the net I guess. And yes, babEH! She just threw up on me lol. Now she's sleeping and I smell bad.
Hahaha.....OMG, memories! Oh that smell...... "Why thank you there little snookums...mummy hasn't smelled like baby vomit for at LEAST 15 min. I was feeling like there was soooomething missing....just couldn't put my FINGER on it and well, there it IS!"

Dear God, B....with 4 kids and a couple of grandkids, I bet I've smelled like baby barf for about 8 yrs, in total.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:03 PM

353 posts, read 581,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
So basically you were a victim of human sex trafficking. Your marriage was illegal and you have left your son in the hands of a criminal to learn everything he can. Why have you not packed up and taken your son back to Ukraine?

PS, your English is very good...
No, marriage was legal. Because I am naturalized us citizen. It was an abusive marriage. Human trafficking? Not sure, because my family was involved.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
So how could you have been a virgin if he was your second husband?

Unless you have had two failed marriages with ultralosers so far? Could you clarify?
1) my son's dad was my first husband whom I married when I was 19.

My second husband was another case.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly4u View Post
Lil,
What is it that you really want?
Everyone makes mistakes, you are not the only one who has
made mistakes.
Learn from them, be smart and move on.
You say you really don't like being a mother, so stay out of your
childs life then and move on with your life. It's only fair to the child to do
this.
If you want to be your child's mother, then find a way to file for custody.
You have no support over here. Your family is in Ukraine, right?
If you wan to have your child, you must get custody back from the father
and move back home to the Ukraine.
Mabey someday you will remarry to a man you love and want to be more of a
mother to your child here.
Time will tell.
But stop beating yourself up about a mistake you made 10 years ago and do
the best that you can for now.
Remember, all you can do is the best you can do.
Figure out what you want, (I know it may take some time),
make a plan, and do it.
It's all up to you.
You can never cut the embiliocal cord. He will always be your son.
I know, it is all water over the bridge. I do have someone that loves me and he has children that I dearly love as well. I think it is just my bad experience with men i was with at the time. Like I said, I am only venting about the feeling and some old emotions. But I sure can handle the children better than most of women out there. It does not always mean I can't have feeling about it. I am US citizen, I have a right man now and a better new life.

Last edited by lil_fox13; 05-16-2013 at 08:25 PM..

Old 05-16-2013, 07:33 PM

Default My feelings are sorted out! Thank you!

I hate being without my kid. I think that is my issue. I need to spend more time with my son like I used to.

My two abusive husbands is water over the bridge. Those people made me feel bad, now they are gone... I have a new man that has been devoted to me for years, an education ( would like more) and a great job. I just need to learn to enjoy it. Sometimes I feel bad about what happened to me, but like I said, I have done all I can and made right choices to be happy NOW.

I was only venting. But of course they are going to be a-holes to call me names. I am above such people.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:42 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,156,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_fox13 View Post
My kid is 11 and lives with his dad. I don't have to do a lot of work. What upsets me is being forced into motherhood and observation of how mothers are treated. How quality of your life sinks as soon as you have a kid. How opportunities and doors close. How I missed out on getting my PhD and travels... Etc.... I don't think it is worth it.
You could have adopted him out and gone on with your life. You had choices. You should not be bitter because you are not happy with the choices you made.

I don't know where you live, or what "poor treatment" you are talking about. I know many mothers and they do not seem to be treated badly.

Besides that, nobody is going to know you are a mother unless you tell them. They don't tattoo it across your forehead in the delivery room, I don't believe.

20yrsinBranson

Old 05-16-2013, 08:27 PM

Quote:
I hate being a mother. I do love my son, he is a sweet little person, but I hate being a mother. All the abuse I had to take was associated with being a mother. I see other mothers sometimes being privileged with benefits, support, caring husband, respect etc... Me, on the other hand was always treated like second class citizen because of that. On the top of being birth control sabotaged and forced into motherhood, is this normal to feel such a resentment towards everything associated with motherhood?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
You could have adopted him out and gone on with your life. You had choices. You should not be bitter because you are not happy with the choices you made.

I don't know where you live, or what "poor treatment" you are talking about. I know many mothers and they do not seem to be treated badly.

Besides that, nobody is going to know you are a mother unless you tell them. They don't tattoo it across your forehead in the delivery room, I don't believe.

20yrsinBranson
Adopting out? Never!

Last edited by lil_fox13; 05-16-2013 at 08:57 PM..

Old 05-16-2013, 08:53 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,321,642 times
Default Well...

Quote:
My kid is 11 and lives with his dad. I don't have to do a lot of work. What upsets me is being forced into motherhood and observation of how mothers are treated. How quality of your life sinks as soon as you have a kid. How opportunities and doors close. How I missed out on getting my PhD and travels... Etc.... I don't think it is worth it.
you could also look at it this way, what's done is done. Whatever opportunities you think you may have missed need to be pursued again or perhaps you can look to develop some new opportunities for yourself.

Also, it's not over until it's over so if you want a PhD and you want to travel you can still do those things especially in light of the fact the your son lives with his father. I am sorry to hear that you were somehow forced into motherhood and if you can find a way to get past that hurt and resentment whether with a professional or some other outlet. Just a thought for you to ponder.

Some mothers may not be treated as you would expect, however, perhaps you can change that to suit your expectations. Whatever you can do for yourself do it now rather than later or never and best wishes to you.

Best regards, sincerely

HomeIsWhere...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology