Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2014, 12:49 AM

3,603 posts, read 5,941,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tairos View Post
I don't know. People can get pretty attached to inanimate objects sometimes. I suppose an animate one might be even more compelling over time.
What about the people who can never stop grieving for their lost spouse, sometimes being unable to live much longer? Would someone grieve for the rest of their lives over an object? You can't honestly believe what you wrote, can you? Well, I've personally witnessed caregiving for a terminally ill spouse, and this is very different from caring for an object.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2014, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Dragon View Post
that is kind of how he makes women sound, in general..
Yes, he hates women. And he would benefit from therapy. Hating a whole group of people is illogical and harmful for the self.

Old 05-29-2014, 12:53 AM

95 posts, read 107,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
Yes, he hates women. And he would benefit from therapy. Hating a whole group of people is illogical and harmful for the self.
agreed..

Old 05-29-2014, 12:54 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,212,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
Actually it seems like he hates people and life in general.

Old 05-29-2014, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Actually it seems like he hates people and life in general.
Seems like it.

Old 05-29-2014, 01:05 AM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
When a guy starts talking in terms of Alpha or Beta or any other letter I already know something is off and it's of their own doing, in their own head. Sadly it's like a big flashing sign that says "I am not worthy" and is usually self fulfilling. And is also usually just a mask for some other problem, but it's way easier to think this way isn't it?

Old 05-29-2014, 03:31 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,851,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Mental disorders need to be diagnosed in an early stage.Too many getting through.
Don't we have enough proof yet what a farce mental health medicine is? How no human being is capable of understanding the human brain? Therapy is a JOKE and just a money scam for the shrinks.Anyone ever know a freakin bi-polar or other nut case to be 'cured'? Doesn't happen,they are NEVER 'CURED'! The most that can be done is to keep them doped up.

And that's another thing,doctors are CAUSING many of these freaks by over prescribing dope to everyone that steps into their office!

Anatomy of an Epidemic: Magic Bullets, Psychiatric Drugs, and the Astonishing Rise of Mental Illness in America

http://www.amazon.com/Anatomy-Epidem...mm_pap_title_0

Overdosed America: The Broken Promise of American Medicine

http://www.amazon.com/Overdosed-Amer...28JQHA6ZAMTX6M

Selling Sickness: How the World's Biggest Pharmaceutical Companies Are Turning Us All Into Patients

http://www.amazon.com/Selling-Sickne...F9F3JRYWFQ8K4J

These misfit freaks cannot be diagnosed,let alone fixed....period!

Society/culture is the cause for most of these horrors. Why on earth should any male think females exist solely for his gratification? Those idiots have no right to expect that any female 'owes' him a 'booty-call',EVER!

But because of trashy teen sex movies /tv shows, and the teens being portrayed as male and female whores with ridiculous sex drives,that is exactly how so many believe and behave.

Plus the fact that many were/are raised by single parents who are also promiscuous, does not help!

Just as one only needs to look at the radical muslim culture of the middle east,where fathers/brothers will kill their own daughters/sisters without a second thought and no remorse whatsoever in what they call an honor-killing if she has sex before marriage,and mothers are proud to have their teenage sons give their life as a suicide bomber for jihad.These people are all sociopaths without natural human affection,and their society created them.They are incapable of love and compassion,let alone empathy.

Look at our leaders~ from the President to church leaders,none are honorable and very few are ever held accountable or punished for the wrong they do.Lawbreakers don't even serve jail time if they have the money to pay off the system!

If we want these horrors to end then our societies need to change our violent,immoral cultures.

Last edited by i_love_autumn; 05-29-2014 at 03:48 AM..

Old 05-29-2014, 03:33 AM

5,624 posts, read 6,848,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
This oversexed society is what sets them up to think like that.

Don't get me wrong, they are entirely responsible for their own actions. What I am saying is, is that guys are basically conditioned to think if you are still a virgin by a certain age or haven't kissed a female by a certain age there is something seriously wrong with you. It sets up that type of mindset, and in the wrong minds it can lead to disasters like this.
Amen to this!

Old 05-29-2014, 03:46 AM

1,956 posts, read 3,637,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tairos View Post
This sort of thinking is just asinine. People are owed/"entitled" to all sorts of things. Why are various people owed a portion of my paycheck through taxation? Why am I expected to engage in all manner of reciprocal actions every day? You literally can't say anything stupider and more mind bogglingly ignorant than "nobody owes you anything." There would literally be a better argument for the terracentric model of the universe.

The absolute fetishization of the notion that women should be able to live in a privileged vacuum where they do what they like, consequences by damned (betas will pay for it, don't worry) is one of the most inane notions to crawl out of the human brain. As though the most sacred thing imaginable is a woman's inalienable right to screw badboys during her prime years before presenting a beta the bill. Because of course, we're expected to "man up" at that point.
Well then, it's a good thing that's not what I said, isn't it?

I said no adult owes another adult a social relationship. And if some women want to screw badboys, what business is it of yours? Don't go after women who are attracted to that type of man if you think it's a problem.

Do you really think just because you're a "beta" women should shower you with attention and affection just for the fact that you're a man and you exist? Obviously you do. Because FSM forbid you do any self-introspection and ask what it is about YOU that prevents you from attracting the type of attention you want. It's so much easier to pout, bawl and blame others with people under the same delusion. That way you don't have to change anything about yourself because the problem's not with you. (Protip: It totally is with you).

Old 05-29-2014, 03:49 AM

95 posts, read 107,423 times
Actually.. No one does owe him anything..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology