Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2014, 12:44 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,721,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teckeeee View Post
As a guy sure I get it, and I am not talking about changing from towel to clothes.

Why do guys walk around naked in the locker room no towel. Most of them obese too The worst are the old, obese guys that stand there shaving with their junk touching the counter WTF

My wife says women don't strut around like that at all. I joked " these dough boys have nothing to strut about "
because they have homosexual tendencies. it seems to happen to a lot of older guys.

Old 06-27-2014, 01:23 PM

61,749 posts, read 87,217,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
because they have homosexual tendencies. it seems to happen to a lot of older guys.
This is a very judgmental assumption.

Old 06-27-2014, 01:29 PM

Quote:

Why do guys walk around naked in the locker room no towel. Most of them obese too The worst are the old, obese guys that stand there shaving with their junk touching the counter WTF :mad:
Do you have problem with all naked men in a locker room, or just those old and obese??

Old 06-27-2014, 01:42 PM

792 posts, read 2,325,463 times
Etymology of the word gymnasium:

gymnasium (n.)
1590s, "place of exercise," from Latin gymnasium "school for gymnastics," from Greek gymnasion "public place where athletic exercises are practiced; gymnastics school," in plural, "bodily exercises," from gymnazein "to exercise or train," literally or figuratively, literally "to train naked," from gymnos "naked" .... (emphasis added)

From "Online Etymology Dictionary".

FYI, FWIW, etc.

Old 06-27-2014, 01:46 PM

I agree... maybe prude people should join some "special" private gyms, that restrict nakedness. Not sure if they exist, though...

Old 06-27-2014, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
This is a very judgmental assumption.
yeah well, that's my opinion on why these guys hang out naked in the locker room for excessive amounts of time.

Old 06-27-2014, 02:42 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,786,698 times
I do not understand why a straight man would want to stand around a locker room naked and just "hang out." The times I have been in a locker room such as this, I just keep my mind on my own and get dressed as I normally would without going through any special steps to hide or flaunt my nudity.

The guys that don't typically are the loudest talking and most extroverted and I really don't get the appeal. I can't say that it is always old fat guys, to me it is usually the fit, sporty types that are proud of the work they've put into their bodies. Not my scene, man, I don't care if you are fat, old, young or cut - I don't swing that way.

Old 06-27-2014, 02:52 PM

515 posts, read 1,005,032 times
Why do people care so much about what other people do?

Old 06-27-2014, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmedes2 View Post
Why do people care so much about what other people do?
haha look at mr holier than thou "why do people care so much" walking into the thread. we don't care so much. who said that they cared so much? do you only have opinions regarding things that you "care so much" about?

Old 06-27-2014, 03:09 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,987,191 times
Quote:
As a guy sure I get it, and I am not talking about changing from towel to clothes.

Why do guys walk around naked in the locker room no towel. Most of them obese too The worst are the old, obese guys that stand there shaving with their junk touching the counter WTF

My wife says women don't strut around like that at all. I joked " these dough boys have nothing to strut about "
It's cultural for the older generation of men; they don't have the hangups that the younger generation has. I am not that old, but used a sauna the other day in just my bathing suit and was shocked when I was joined by not one but multiple young men who wore their complete workout clothes (including shoes and socks). I would think they would overheat too fast, sweat like pigs in their clothes, and need to immediately change out of everything afterward.

As for women, it would seem from what my wife shared with me, they learn to be much more private and less communal in locker-room environments at very young ages. The reason for this, well I don't know. I just have heard they don't have communal showers nor anything like the open bathrooms men generally have to use.

Overall, I think all people would benefit by learning to be more comfortable in their own skin and less judgmental about others (of course the "junk on the counter" thing is just gross and inexcusable - I hope that guy washed everything down when he was done).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology