Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2014, 09:45 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times

Advertisements

50 years ago the issue of gay was kept way out of the male locker room. the company of men was a safe place.
if you were gay you did not come out with it.
now there is much more looking even among straights.
the world has changed and therefore we are more conscious of our bodies in the presence of others.

Old 06-27-2014, 09:51 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,993,089 times
Is it going to take another 50 years before straight guys see a locker room with gay and straight as 'a safe place'?

Lord, I hope not.

And is this connected to the behaviour that straight guys accept from each other, towards women? Do you think of men as predators? Do you worry that a man who prefers men will be a predator towards men?

Maybe if you change that, you will feel safe around gay men.

Old 06-27-2014, 09:58 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Is it going to take another 50 years before straight guys see a locker room with gay and straight as 'a safe place'?

Lord, I hope not.

And is this connected to the behaviour that straight guys accept from each other, towards women? Do you think of men as predators? Do you worry that a man who prefers men will be a predator towards men?

Maybe if you change that, you will feel safe around gay men.
change what? behavior in prison? safe around gay men? depends on which gay men. what do you mean could a gay be a predator? of course he could. do you know much about jail? do i want to disrobe in front of a predator? please think about this before you answer.
thanks

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 06-27-2014 at 10:14 PM..

Old 06-27-2014, 10:03 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,993,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
change what? behavior in prison? safe about gay men? depends on which gay men. what do you mean could a gay be a predator? of course he could. do i want to disrobe in front of a predator? please think about this before you answer.
thanks
Change the behaviour of your straight friends around women. Now, if you reread, it will all make sense .

Old 06-27-2014, 10:15 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,140,324 times
Its strange that this is a topic...when i was an adolescent/teenager I used to think they were weird for walking around naked, and that they were gay or something...and they probably are...but I will say that this type of thing isnt uncommon in locker rooms among athletic/sporting teams...gay or not....but either way its fairly common and normal in locker rooms

Old 06-28-2014, 02:47 AM

515 posts, read 1,004,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
the funny thing is you think you made some kind of insightful point here. yeah, there is something homosexual going on with those guys. why does me thinking that equal me "caring so much"? I still manage to change into my gym clothes and back into regular clothes each workout with or without homosexuals hanging around with their shlongs dangling.
The sad thing is you think you're incredibly smart. Bette keep your schlong from dangling too much

Old 06-28-2014, 02:56 AM

5,511 posts, read 4,474,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Never visit Europe - lots and lots of naked people in locker rooms and shared showers.

It makes more sense as the overly prude people who go fully dressed in the shower stall, close the curtain, undress and hang the clothes over the curtain area and shower. I always wonder how they can get back in their dirty clothes and also, don't these clothes get wet from showering??

We were born naked, nothing wrong with it.
American classmate once recanted how in Europe, a guy just pulls down his pants 6 feet away from the urinal, and with hands at his side, just pisses from that distance. ODD indeed

Old 06-28-2014, 03:16 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Lemme tell you as a gay woman...

I have shared locker rooms with women my entire life.
I played sports, etc.

I cannot think of one time it even occurred to me use those moments as an opportunity to look at anyone or anything or give two sh*ts about it. All I wanted to do was get my shower, get my clothes on, get my hair done, and get the F out of their in time for my first class.

I mean, geezus...at some point, naked is simply in no way interesting. I certainly have ZERO interest in seeing any naked strangers now.

Old 06-28-2014, 03:54 AM

600 posts, read 824,602 times
Funny this thread is created. At my gym, men parade naked in the locker room all the time. One guy was completely naked and apparently forgot where he put his stuff in the locker room which is not that large. I offered him a towel to cover himself while I helped him search the lockers. He declined and prefer to be naked instead. Eventually we found his stuff and I asked him how he got naked then forgot where his stuff was. He said that when he works out really hard sometimes he forgots things. This is a load of crap. I've been involved in competitive powerlifting, and this is complete nonsense.

I suspect that men who do this either are gay cruising, or are so socially inept that they lack social common sense understanding.

Old 06-28-2014, 04:30 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,765,087 times
This reminds me of an episode of Family Guy where Peter got a chance to play for the Patriots. He loves hanging out with Tom Brady so much he goes to his house and gets in the shower with him. When Brady objects, Peter is confused and whines, "But we take showers together all the time after games."
Brady says, "This is different."

It also reminds me of Any Given Sunday when that guy with the, you know, gives Cameron Diaz a full frontal.

Somehow I don't think women have the same hangups. I could imagine an obese woman being self conscious around a group of smaller fit women. But I don't see a fit woman or an old woman or a woman with a huge rack or donk behaving the way I have seen some cut, old or guys with huge packages behave in locker rooms. So yeah, testosterone makes it different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology